"A Greensbore Revolution Real" Stereo Or Fake?

Here you can post your review!!
Or direct your thoughts towards facts & details of Elvis' Records/Films/Magazines & Trivia

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
Scorpio 71
Deactivated: At users request
Registered for: 15 years 8 months

"A Greensbore Revolution Real" Stereo Or Fake?

Post by Scorpio 71 »

Hello, does anybody know any details about "A Greensbore Revolution"?
It supposed to be in real stereo, like the BMG release from St Antone, but I also heard that is is only a self made fake stereo and not realy from a multitrack tape.
If anybody has more information about that please post here, thanks.

Mike S
Registered for: 17 years

Post by Mike S »

Last edited by Mike S on Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TONY
Registered for: 21 years

Re: "A Greensbore Revolution Real" Stereo Or Fake?

Post by TONY »

[quote="Mike S"]I have it on good authority that this recording is in stereo from multitrack tapes.
quote]

Who or what is your 'good authority'?!

Mike S

Post by Mike S »

Last edited by Mike S on Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

peters197136
Registered for: 15 years 8 months

Post by peters197136 »

Mike S wrote:
TONY wrote:
Mike S wrote:I have it on good authority that this recording is in stereo from multitrack tapes.
quote]

Who or what is your 'good authority'?!
Well for one I've read the product details on both this and the Elvis In Norway site and secondly, Madison do not make a habit of misleading us.

Will that do, or will I have to say 'I told you so' when it comes out?
supppose to mean what? real stereo or not?

it matters to me a lot, because I do have this concert in very good soundboard quality, just not in mulittrack quality and I would only be interested if it was what it says on the add.

TCB

kuenzer

Post by kuenzer »

Scorpio71, what are your sources? The sound sample I have heard of Greensboro Revolution sounds good.
Mike S wrote:Madison do not make a habit of misleading us.
I have heard that Don't Think Twice It's Alright was a computer generated fake. In addition, cf. here.

Mike S

Post by Mike S »

Last edited by Mike S on Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TONY

Post by TONY »

My instincts tell me that this Greensboro show will appear on FTD in the not too distant future.

Mike S

Post by Mike S »

Last edited by Mike S on Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TONY

Post by TONY »

That bootleggers OFTEN get to release material BEFORE BMG/RCA. Remember "The million dollar quartet", "King creole" out-takes, Sun out-takes, the "There's always me" releases, "Twelfth of never", the Hayride recordings, "Blue Hawaii", "Kid Galahad" and "Paradise, Hawaiian style" out-takes. Need I go on?!

Mike S

Post by Mike S »

Last edited by Mike S on Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TONY

Post by TONY »

Can I ask why the recent side swipes towards me in postings? I've noticed it in other topics too?

Mike S

Post by Mike S »

Last edited by Mike S on Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rich_TCB

Post by Rich_TCB »

It does seem that Ernst is not touching anymore "Elvis On Tour" material at all, until Turner is FINALLY ready to do something. They want to tie-in a Sony/BMG CD release with the DVD movie release.

However, I'm really starting to lose any hope that this will happen. I would have to think, that if there is no official EOT DVD release in the next 2 years, Ernst may finally give up and release some more EOT material. We all have waited a long time already, and even Ernst may get fed up.

Rich

ImageImageImage

kajsa89
Registered for: 16 years 9 months

Post by kajsa89 »

Rich_TCB wrote:It does seem that Ernst is not touching anymore "Elvis On Tour" material at all, until Turner is FINALLY ready to do something.
The other day, I got an e-mail with this text included from my fan club/FTD dealer, a text forewarded: "On March 15 we will follow up with a 2CD version of STANDING ROOM ONLY (bold added). As you know the album never came out, and it’s possible that the version we create was never meant to be, but it’s the best way we can present the Las Vegas masters from February of 1972 and the masters and outtakes from the March 1972 sessions at RCA."

Let's get a deluxe Blu-Ray with "Elvis On Tour", too! A release that has unrelased footage, not merely the original movie minus Johnny B!!

Justin

Post by Justin »

Rich_TCB wrote:It does seem that Ernst is not touching anymore "Elvis On Tour" material at all, until Turner is FINALLY ready to do something. They want to tie-in a Sony/BMG CD release with the DVD movie release.

However, I'm really starting to lose any hope that this will happen. I would have to think, that if there is no official EOT DVD release in the next 2 years, Ernst may finally give up and release some more EOT material. We all have waited a long time already, and even Ernst may get fed up.

Rich
I'm starting to feel that too. Only late last year after many many years of ignoring, did I begin to lift my ban on all On Tour material....CDs...DVDs of outtakes from the movies...ALL OF IT. I did that thinking, "nah, I wanna wait until the final product comes out...I want to hear it for the first time properly...in perfect sound and quality--in all its glory!"

Yeah...well...I"ve lost my optimism on all of it. I've since, bought the "Through My Eyes" DVD, picked up all the EOT concerts and simply went crazy on all of it. Promised I wouldn't touch any TTWII also...but then I ordered the new "Brightest Star" boot that just came out.

EOT might be the farthest thing on Warners' mind. Who knows if we'll EVER get a release at all...more or less a full liquidation of the vaults. Ain't gonna happen. Not unless EPE acquires the material and releases it all. But I don't see how that will ever happen.

Steve1971
Registered for: 19 years 7 months

Post by Steve1971 »

There is no reason for me to believe A Greensboro Revolution is not in stereo. Why would Madison lie about it? I dont think they have anything to gain by lieing my freinds.

Rich_TCB

Post by Rich_TCB »

You can vote for the Elvis On Tour movie to be released on DVD, on the Turner Classic Movies website. Right now, it's ranked at #106 with 1,063 votes.

http://www.tcm.com/tcmdb/title.jsp?stid=878

Rich

ImageImageImage

Rob

Post by Rob »

Steve1971 wrote:I dont think they have anything to gain by lieing my freinds.
I have never once heard anything that would make me think that Madison would be lieing to your freinds.

Steve1971
Registered for: 19 years 7 months

Post by Steve1971 »

Rich_TCB wrote:You can vote for the Elvis On Tour movie to be released on DVD, on the Turner Classic Movies website. Right now, it's ranked at #106 with 1,063 votes.

http://www.tcm.com/tcmdb/title.jsp?stid=878

Rich

Just put in my vote!!!!!