The American Sound Show

Here you can post your review!!
Or direct your thoughts towards facts & details of Elvis' Records/Films/Magazines & Trivia

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
dl
Registered for: 18 years 6 months

The American Sound Show

Post by dl »

The german Elvis-Presley-Gesellschaft has released a double-cd called "The American Sound Show" which features a live recording of the tribute show that took place on 31st March 2007 at the Stadthalle in Soest, Germany.

The show featured the same musican that Elvis used at the American Studios when he cut the famous "From Elvis In Memphis" album. The fanclub hired James "The King" Brown, who had quite some success with his album "Gravelands" a few years ago were he sang recent songs in Elvis-Style.

The band is playing really cool and Browns vocals are great. He has a great voice and fortunately doesn't try to be Elvis. He's just a good singer and his voice fits to the songs.

The cds contain the following songs:

Mystery Train (Opening) / Wearin' That Loved On Look / Don't Cry Daddy / Rubberneckin' / I'll Hold You In My Heart / It Keeps Right On A Hurtin' / I'm Movin' On / Inherit The Wind / After Loving You / This Is The Story / Any Day Now / In The Ghetto / Gentle On My Mind (Rehearsal) / You'll Think Of Me (Rehearsal) / Suspicious Minds (Rehearsal)

Stranger In My Own Home Town / Long Black Limousine / Power Of My Love / True Love Travels On A Gravel Road / Only The Strong Survive / Gentle On My Mind / Kentucky Rain / I Can't Stop Loving You / You'll Think Of Me / Without Love / Suspicious Minds

denon3910
Registered for: 19 years 3 months

American Sound Show CD

Post by denon3910 »

This CD is highly recommended. If you want to buy only one tribute CD in your life, well this should be your choice. Great, great sound. Stunning artwork and a mindblowing performance. You will love it.... :D :D :D