Elvis In Concert - Adelaide

Here you can post your review!!
Or direct your thoughts towards facts & details of Elvis' Records/Films/Magazines & Trivia

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
Ray
Registered for: 21 years

Elvis In Concert - Adelaide

Post by Ray »

Hi, saw Elvis In Concert last night, good show, good show :roll:
There was a 'bum' note at the end of 2001 Theme as it went into C C Rider and also the same 'bum' note during Burning Love (it was hard to figure who was at fault, either James Burton or the Electric Piano player).

My only other gripe was that they should drop Love Me Tender, the sound on this is quite bad (coming from the original mono source...complete with hiss)..as the Aloha From Hawaii, 68 TV Special and TTWII SE songs used have all been remastered both visually and audio wise it becomes very noticeable as soon as Elvis starts doing his 'faulty' microphone routine (sounds like he's talking in a tin can!). As Elvis sings Love Me Tender you can hear his vocal channel cutting in and out (obviously to cut out crowd noise from the Las Vegas audience)...but what you end up with is Elvis vocal (complete with hiss) cutting in and out as the song trugs along.

I don't think it was intentional but it was good to hear at least 10 feedbacks during the show...Elvis would have loved that....just like a real Elvis show :lol:

Overall a worthwhile show (the above gripes aside).

The 'exhibition' was a welcome addition, a bit difficult to take photos though as there is a lot of glass reflection, FLASH photography is not allowed and the security guys (who are everywhere) are pretty hot on those offenders not disabeling the flash on their cameras.

Here are some shots I took;-

Ray

" Do you know anything about him ?
Do I know anything about him ?
I was raised in his home town

Are you going to be saying something to him, are you going to talk to him ?
Well that just all do depends
Are you looking forward to seeing him ?
Sure
Why don't you show us where he comes in here
He's coming through this door here, there's two doors in this entrance
he comes through this door here in this entrance and then open it back like this
then this one the other door comes back like this.
"

Topic author
Ray

Post by Ray »

I forgot to mention, about 10,000 fans....the were quite a few 'nose bleed' seat not sold & some bad position seats, but that's hardly surprising.

BTW: I can't seem to get the pictures displaying on this page smaller...but if you Right Click and "Save Picture As" or Right Click and "View Image" you will get them in their correct size (and NOT blurred). :shock:

Ray

Sure
he comes through this door here in this entrance and then open it back like this
"

Cryogenic
Registered for: 18 years 3 months

Post by Cryogenic »

What is the band like? Do they crack jokes and so on -- or do they just get on with the job? In one sense, I guess it would be natural to have Elvis as the front man, but in another way, quite strange for the flesh and blood people to walk on stage, do their thing and walk off.

Topic author
Ray

Post by Ray »

No Cryogenic, they just come out & do theiri thing....no jokes or this & that...pity really...I just wonder if it may end after the 30th Anniversary...they are not getting any younger.

Ray

Sure
"

Kylan

Post by Kylan »

why would the band crack jokes and cut up? they didn't during an Elvis concert did they? why would they now?? It's an Elvis concert!!

Topic author
Ray

Post by Ray »

Carolyn, no way....in fact I'm not aware of any of these "meet & greet" tickets being sold in Adelaide. I think the price was off the planet, badly advertised as to 'what you get/how long you get & what you can & can't do" (I mean there isn't any guarantee you don't get whisked through or whether you can take you OWN pictures with them, etc, etc).

The way I see it the price puts it right out of reach of REAL FANS, the only ones that can afford this are highly paid workers, also remember that most people go to a show with at least one other person...now that is expensive if there is more than one of you.

More importantly how is a FAN going to affored these expensive tickets when we buy the cd's all year long :shock: .......again these tickets are only for those that money is no object...not necessarily an Elvis FAN.

Ray

Sure
"

Cryogenic
Registered for: 18 years 3 months

Post by Cryogenic »

Kylan wrote:why would the band crack jokes and cut up? they didn't during an Elvis concert did they? why would they now?? It's an Elvis concert!!
The implication in my last post was that all the Elvis jokes are known and to have the flesh and blood people just turn up and leave might lead to a flat experience.

Didn't say it before, so I'll say it now: cool pictures, Ray.

I had the opportunity to go to "Elvis The Concert" two years ago and decided not to. Tickets were expensive, and on top of that, you had to pay an extortionate amount of money for parking! As much as I wanted to see these guys, I'm not paying silly prices without Elvis (with Elvis, I'd pay almost anything).

Scott Haigh 781990EP
Registered for: 18 years 4 months

Post by Scott Haigh 781990EP »

AND ITS NOT COMING TO TASSIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil: :cry:

I'm like a stranger, like a stranger in my own hometown
My so called friends stopped being friendly, oh but you can't keep a good man down

http://www.myspace.com/musicprisoner