All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Wed Apr 30, 2003 2:01 am

Christian:

I am not here to judge you personally, but I've never heard so much rubbish in all my life. My mate down the road says there are Martians at the bottom of his garden. Even if, as you say, the CBS team were with Todd Slaughter in Indianapolis at the arena, it does not mean to say that the cameras were. Rockinrebel pointed it out correctly - there has been no evidence in 26 years that any professional equipment was used in the filming or recording of the Indianapolis concert. That means no video, no multi-track and no soundboard. And I even doubt that the so-called "Last Concert" bootleg video is from that show at all.

The Adios CD, however, is a different matter. I have to disagree with ONENIGHTWITHYOU's assessment of this CD. As far as audience recordings go, it has to be one of the best. Of course you get talking, screaming, photography noises and the like, that is the nature of audience recordings, but there is a great atmosphere to that CD, a wonderful sense of actually being there.

Wed Apr 30, 2003 4:07 am

I don't know why that means no soundboard...

should ftd release indianapolis june 26 1977 ?

Wed Apr 30, 2003 4:39 am

christian many thanks for shairing your info with us look forward to your future update on info on concerts filmed 69-77. as for stephen butler be prepared for some big suprizes in the future on the film and soundboard front, alot of this stuff is in private collectors hands also epe has a lot of stuff which they don`t tell us about. :wink:

Wed Apr 30, 2003 4:42 am

Maybe we will see some of this in next years Elvis Anthology?

TCB

Randall :)

Wed Apr 30, 2003 2:17 pm

Randall:

Yes, we might, and we might also see footage of Elvis sailing round the moon in a rubber boat barking like a little doggie.

What an insular world we Elvis fans live in. We imagine that, just because our fantasies tell us, footage of these historic events must exist simply because they, well, must. Nobody knew it was to be Elvis' final show. Even if they did, it might have been a good excuse not to film it. Whatever, there is not a scrap, shred, iota of evidence that the final concert was filmed.

Nothing personal, Christian, but I don't believe you. If you are in possession of the same dark, blurred footage that I am of the so-called last concert, then don't waste your time.

Wed Apr 30, 2003 4:19 pm

Being one of the new kids on the block (no, not the boy band :wink: ) I may not have the greatest or wisest things to say about EP issues, especially audio quality, since I only have a few "bootleg" concerts to judge things by. Stephen, you are certainly entitled to your opinion of the Adios CD from the audience. I am THRILLED you enjoy it so much. I just wish I did. I want to enjoy it, seeing as tho its his last live concert and all, but I can't help but be disapointed. Maybe its the generation of my CD-R version of the show...I don't know. For the most part, all I hear is the audience. As for the audience "feel", I feel like I am actually there with horrible tickets, sitting up in the rafters, wishing for better seats. It sounds like I am listening to the thing in a big, long tunnel or something. I have tried to lower the treble, increase the treble, lower the bass, increase the bass, nothing seems to help :( . I guess I should only buy soundboards in the future :oops: . For all the EP fans out there who think this is a great audience recording, more power to ya', enjoy it, its all we have. I am just one soul who wishes for better things since this is the last concert we have to go by. Peace!

Wed Apr 30, 2003 4:39 pm

Stephen,

I totally agree with your points and the reasoning behind them.

One Night With You,

If you picked up a CDR copy of the last concert in a trade, it may be worth checking with the person you traded with as to whether it was actually taken from the “Adios” CD. There was a recording of this show issued prior to the “Adios” CD, (the bootleg LP was titled “The Last Farewell”) and the recording on the earlier version is not up to the standard of the “Adios” album, which is certainly one of the better audience recordings.

CC Rider,

I don’t doubt that EPE have un-issued film footage, and that additional audio/video footage is also held by private collectors. However, I don’t see how that fact alone can be used as evidence to support a claim that specific audio or video footage from a certain session or performance exists. Like many other fans here I would welcome a soundboard recording, or professionally shot film of Elvis’ last show, but as no credible evidence has emerged in support of these recordings, almost 26 years after the event, I will remain unconvinced until someone can post further information on the subject, and name their sources.

Wed Apr 30, 2003 6:11 pm

i agree withe christian EPE and privates hands have this unseen footage
after many years we have discovery unseen footage on the great performances
the first elvis screen test 1956 to 1992
HOW MANY TIME FOR THE NEW TTWII DISCOVERY FOOTAGE
thanks christian for your infos
and for incredules contact JAT/S.HANNA/EPE/ OR G.O.D. :idea:
TITI

Wed Apr 30, 2003 7:47 pm

TITI:

How many times do I have to say this? Don't just keep saying "Yeah the the footage is in private hands we know it is etc etc" that's very boring and meaningless. Come up with some credible meaningful evidence! Name names, places, and let us see examples of this wonderful footage. And I mean proper, professional footage/recordings. Until you do, you convince no-one with your idealistic rhetoric. Let's see the footage of where, for example, Elvis introduces the members of his family and crew. Of him performing Release Me and I Can't Stop Loving You. Until then, I wait...and wait...and wait...

Wed Apr 30, 2003 8:20 pm

ASTA LA VISTA BB
Last edited by CHRISTIAN M on Sat Jun 05, 2004 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Huhh?

Wed Apr 30, 2003 8:40 pm

Christian M, I followed the link provided and was taken to a real-audio file of an impersonater singing You Game Me a Mountain with a backing track from the MusicMaestro Karaoke Company. It was horrifying, but I'm ok now.
Steve

Wed Apr 30, 2003 8:59 pm

Christian:

Now you are becoming not only boring but insulting. How dare you think that I would believe that this piss-poor impersonator in any way resembles the great Elvis Presley? I stand by my original statements:

There is no, repeat NO CREDIBLE EVIDENCE THAT THE LAST CONCERT WAS EITHER FILMED OR RECORDED PROFESSIONALLY.

Now, Christian, take your Elvis impersonators and shove them where the sun don't shine. What kind of thrill does it give you to fantasise that you have footage that nobody else has or believes in. I should see a doctor if I were you matey!

Wed Apr 30, 2003 9:11 pm

Now that I''ve recovered from that horrific impersonaters very bad upper-register, I'll post what I know on the subject as well as my own conclusions and an experience.
First, as far as a soundboard goes, Felton was not in the practice of recording complete shows in 1977. It is concievable that some tracks may have been recorded, but at the same time, there has not been any other soundboard tracks from the last tour outside of the CBS materials. After the hussle and bussel of the tour itself coupled with CBS setting up, filming and relocating etc...everyone including Felton was probably ready to just get this last show done and go home.
Now the experience. Last spring I was in party contact with a gentelman wishing to sell the soundboard of 6/26/77. It was to be a cooperative purchase between two people. However when asked for a sample on cassette prior to any monotary exchange, the gentelman was never heard from again. In all likelyhood, he never had it, or, he was intending to sell another soundboard misrepresenting it as 6/26/77 and chickened out.
I've been contacted by many people claiming to have this or that for sale and 98% of the time, it turns out they never had it to begin with. Rest assured, there are still many soundboards in private hands, especially from 1975.
As for the footage used on The Last Farewell video from FTF, yes, this is 100% for sure footage from 6/26/77 as I know the source of the footage.
If it was not, the sound from the Adios CD used on the VCD simpily would not have matched up with the 8mm video as well as it did. The entire concert is not there visually, but it has been eddited to appear complete, watch the I Got A Woman/Amen portion for evidence of this. When it's all you have, you have to work with it. The raw, original 8mm video source was available way prior to the edditing and release of the VCD and watching that raw film with the original sound concludes the video is in fact from 6/26/77. (Not all of it had sound, but most did)
CBS Professionally filmed...why? I know 4 people who attended that show and none of them remember seeing any CBS camera equipment. Filmed by a news crew, possible, but probably not more than a few minutes of raw footage. News broadcast stories are only alloted so much time to air each brief, so 5 min. of footage plus the arrival etc. that was filmed is more than enough footage to comprise a 1, 2 or 3 min. news brief.
I hope I'm wrong and someone can prove it. I'd love to see pro-shot footage and hear the soundboard. I SINCERELY hope I'm wrong!
Steve

Wed Apr 30, 2003 9:25 pm

ASTA LA VISTA BB
Last edited by CHRISTIAN M on Sat Jun 05, 2004 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Apr 30, 2003 9:35 pm

Concerning the " possible filming " of some parts of the Indy show. I attended this concert and wasn't too far from the side of the stage ( soundboard side ) and if there was/were cameras there, none were close to the stage. This is for sure as we would had seen them.

The same goes for Cincinnati. We were right there when they did the interviews outside and a friend of mine got interviewed but it was not used. The girl asked me if I wanted to but my English back then was terrible so I refused and lost a $1.00 USD. :roll: They filmed outside ( The British's arrival by bus ) and crowd shots outside. There was only ONE camera outside and didn't see any inside.

I can tell you something for sure though, the " soundboard " was being recorded at Indy as the tape were rolling in that big trunk. It was the same at Pittsburgh '76 show but what happened to the tapes is a " mystery " ( lost, erased, in the hands of someone working there at the time, in the hands of a private collector,etc...), your guesses are as good as mine. :(

FECC Team

Wed Apr 30, 2003 11:01 pm

Christian:

Please don't apologise for your English, but please do apologise for trying to con everyone. I don't give a rat's ass about whether your so-called material is copyright. Who's going to sue you? CBS? EPE? The same people who have sued every individual that owns a copy (as I do) of the CBS tapes? Please read carefully the above post from FECC who clearly state that there were no cameras inside the Market Square Arena.

Jordan:

Either you are winding Christian up, or you genuinely believe he has this material, which would surprise me given your knowledge and experience in the Elvis world.

I thought

Wed Apr 30, 2003 11:41 pm

a DJ had a soundboard of the last show. It was discussed a couple of years ago on here if my memory serves me correctly. I think it would make a good FTD release if a good sounding tape could be found.

:D BamaJon

Wed Apr 30, 2003 11:54 pm

i dont think this show should be put out
to me its a bad show, i now it was his last show

but i dont think its needs to be put out.

curtis simpkins

Thu May 01, 2003 12:19 am

Curtis,
This show IS good,not bad at all!!

Second point is historical;it's Elvis last concert ever,and should be heard by more people than just the hardcore/bootlegcollector.

I surely would welcome a quality recording of this ,if it's excist.

The show gives proof that Elvis was not at the end of it's heights as an artist.
A good release could and should change the views of many non fans who think he was a fat freak who mumbled his words and forgot his lirycs at the end.
Even to the end,he remained the king of music.

Bring out that stuff!!

ps. Curtis,on the previous board you said you liked this one,how could you change your view so fast? :wink:

Thu May 01, 2003 12:48 am

Well I Listen To This Show At Lot Closer
And To Me IMO This Show Is Bad.

And I Dont Think it Should Be out In Any Format IMO.

Curtis simpkins

should ftd release indianapolis june 26 1977 ?

Thu May 01, 2003 3:40 am

i belive joe tunzi knows the person who has the reel to reel soundboard in the u.s( possibly a d.j) of the indianapolis show. :wink:

Indy - '77

Thu May 01, 2003 4:17 am

Curtis - The Indy show's historical importance is self-evident. For that reason alone, many fans would like it in SB quality - myself included. I would buy just such a release in a hot-second. The same goes for any pro-shot film of the event (which I don't think exists).

ONENIGHTWITHYOU - "Adios" is indeed an excellent AR and very easily enjoyable even with headphones. I don't generally prefer AR's, but "Adios" is one worthy of seeking out. As you may one day discover, there are some horrible AR's out there ...... and I hope you never have the displeasure to ever waste your $$$ on one (GROTI, MONGOOSE labels, etc.). I suspect your CD-R is a bad copy. Seek out an original, they are around and obtainable.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Somebody at FECC was present at MSA on June 26, 1977 ................ !! LUCKY!! :mrgreen: .............I'm green with envy.

Thu May 01, 2003 3:38 pm

Well, I did go back and listen to the show again...2-3 times in fact. I still long for a soundboard of the show but I will agree that the show may not be as bad as I originally described. I still am annoyed at the "hissy-fit" squeals from close by the person doing the recording, but all in all, it is a pretty good show. I still think the sound is hollow, it is just too hard to hear some of the words and speaking parts but again, its an audience recording so what do I expect, right? I think the show gets better as it goes along (sound-wise). What is amazing, like I have stated before, some of the songs are probably performed VERY good. Its hard to imagine him being able to perform at ALL given what we "know" now about the last few months of his life. I am impressed in an odd way how he can still sing at all much less stay on stage in those suits and give 1/10th of his old self. If the "reports" are true, the dude was so messed up physically, emotionally, and spiritually...not counting the drugs. Its amazing to have a show of ANY quality with him like this, remember just 6-7 short weeks after this show...he was gone :wink: :wink: . Peace!

Thu May 01, 2003 4:06 pm

Hi Jordan:

Thanks for your reply - I thought as much. I feel sure that if such footage ever existed (or soundboard recordings for that matter) you would know about it.

I wish you a speedy recovery.

Thu May 01, 2003 8:27 pm

Ditto that from me, Jordan. Here's wishing you a very successful recovery and that you break both legs--sorry, I slip into those a lot! :wink:

TCB!