All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

should ftd release indianapolis june 26 1977 ?

Mon Apr 28, 2003 1:06 am

is it time now for ftd to release elvis last show on cd/dvd. they have a soundboard of this historic show, also about 30 mins. of this show was filmed professionaly(newscrew film?) and is in a private collectors hands. :idea: :?: :roll:

Mon Apr 28, 2003 2:17 am

I would love a soundboard or even audience recording of this show released by FTD.

Mon Apr 28, 2003 2:25 am

Yes release it. If they can get the video and put out a DVD that would be great to. :D

:mrgreen:

Mon Apr 28, 2003 3:38 am

This historic film MUST be released.
The title could be "Please release me" hehehe
But seriously, they'll probably use something with the word LAST in it, of course...
The Last show.
The Last Farewell
The Last time ever I saw your face....
(Hey, that's not bad...)
8)

Mon Apr 28, 2003 4:48 am

Of course this concert should be released, but they have to get their hands on it first, right? Who says they have this show???

The name of the video or CD from FTD (whenever either of these actually comes to pass), and this occurred to me a good while back, needs to be You Won't Forget Me When I Go. Of course, he performed Fairytale that night, and it was a very strong version, as were all the songs that night. But it's a great song, one he obviously loved, and that performance sounds to my ear a lot like the one from 5/2/77 in Chicago, released on ST77, i.e., very good. And of course the poignancy of that line...well, it's fitting for the obvious reason that it was his final show, but also because he seemed to have gone out of the way to make that show extra special. He sounded great and threw in a few surprises.

I am not implying he knew it was his last show.

Mon Apr 28, 2003 5:24 pm

I don’t think any of this show was professionally filmed. Why would a news crew film 30 minutes of this show? They certainly wouldn’t have known that the show would turn out to be Elvis’ last, so why would their coverage of the closing night of yet another Presley tour need to be so exhaustive?
I heard that some film from this show was sold to private collector, but I always thought it was nothing more than amateur footage shot by a fan on the night. Of course the quality on such films can be quite acceptable, especially when taken straight from the original source, but certainly not comparable to professionally filmed footage.

Joe Tunzi’s “Sessions II” also lists a number of soundboard recordings that are known to exist in the RCA archives, and the Indianapolis show is not listed here. I’m not saying this means that RCA don’t have it, or that it wasn’t recorded, but it is worth pointing out that at the moment there is no evidence to suggest that RCA do have a soundboard of Elvis’ final show.

Mon Apr 28, 2003 7:12 pm

If there is a SOUNDBOARD of the entire show, it would make a goof FTD release.

Tom (from Ohio)

Mon Apr 28, 2003 8:15 pm

the film is in the hands, of a very known collector from Chicago it is professional footage
from the same cbs tv team who has shoot the indianapolis airport footage
[img]http://members.rogers.com/elvisincanada/062677.jpg[img]
TITI[/img]

Mon Apr 28, 2003 8:20 pm

AGAIN

TITI

Mon Apr 28, 2003 8:27 pm

Mon Apr 28, 2003 8:35 pm

thanks
how you do ? Francesc

Mon Apr 28, 2003 8:47 pm

when you want to show a picture you have to use IMG between [] and then at the end of the link /IMG between [] too.

If it is a page or website address then use URL instead of IMG. THat's all.

Francesc
[/img]

Mon Apr 28, 2003 9:21 pm

In Elvis The Man & His Music #28 in the On The Spot section a reader
( Sudesh Krishnan) asked Ernst was asked if RCA held tapes of ELvis final concert in Indianapolis on June 26th 1977 & the New Years Eve Show Pittsburgh 1976. " The answer to both is sadly no".

The Indianoplis footage that went for big money at auction when I asked about that on this MB and someone said it was not proffesional film but high quality fan footage. Its been said elsewhere that the final concert was filmed but in black & white?! Hard to know what to believe.

Larry Londin was interviewed in ETM&HM and he said some concerts where he played were filmed - and he tried to get tapes from the Estate without success. I seem to recall Ernst said in one On The SPot feature that questions about film footage should be directed towards EPE rather than RCA.

I think the final concert be released on FTD -its not only historic its a great show. If they can get hold of a good quality recording - and good quality film footage - a DVD would be all the better. But thats a bit unrealistic as DVDs are not FTDs area. FTD might be the ideal label for all the In Concert material -thats if EPE want fans off thier back regards its release.

Cincinatti and Indianpolis on FTD?

Mon Apr 28, 2003 9:32 pm

What about a 2CD (similar to "New Year's Eve") with two audience recordings: Cincinnatti and Indianapolis. Both are already available (very rare and expensive) and really ought to be released by FTD....

Both shows are really, really great. Both are already available as top-audience recordings (way better than New Year's eve). Just pollish the quality a bit up, and we are all happy fans :)

Mon Apr 28, 2003 9:56 pm

Elvis doesn't look too bad in that picture.

Mon Apr 28, 2003 10:17 pm

hounddawgs6499 wrote:If there is a SOUNDBOARD of the entire show, it would make a goof FTD release.

Tom (from Ohio)

I meant to say that it would make a good FTD release. Sorry about the typing error.

should ftd release indianapolis june 26 1977 ?

Tue Apr 29, 2003 5:32 am

i think a collector has a reel to reel recording of this show in the u.s i believe :cry:

Tue Apr 29, 2003 6:01 am

It's highly unlikely that any professional record whatsoever exists of the Indianapolis show. Why should it? Did anybody have any idea that it was to be Elvis' last show? No. CBS filmed Elvis' arrival at the airport that night but that is all. When Elvis disappeared back into the plane after accepting his awards it was the last time he was filmed professionally. It's discussed on another thread (the Lincoln show) that the final show is a good deal better than the officially recorded ones because Elvis was not under the same degree of pressure that he had been a week earlier.

Tue Apr 29, 2003 4:29 pm

ASTA LA VISTA BB
Last edited by CHRISTIAN M on Sat Jun 05, 2004 4:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Apr 29, 2003 5:59 pm

Christian M:

And presumably you have evidence of this pro footage? I mean, you have a copy of it yourself, right? I look forward to your presentation of the facts.

As Dr. Carpenter would say,

Tick..tick..tick...

Tue Apr 29, 2003 6:32 pm

ASTA LA VISTA BB
Last edited by CHRISTIAN M on Sat Jun 05, 2004 4:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Apr 29, 2003 8:45 pm

Christian:

I hope that you will be able to post clips of the footage otherwise there is no doubt in my mind that no professional audio or video recording of the Indianapolis concert exists. There's no point in saying this or that collector in The Virgin Islands owns it because frankly I wouldn't believe it.

Tue Apr 29, 2003 9:20 pm

ASTA LA VISTA BB
Last edited by CHRISTIAN M on Sat Jun 05, 2004 4:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Apr 29, 2003 9:51 pm

This would be a great show to have a soundboard from. I just picked up the audience taped Adios CD a few weeks ago and I was sooooo disapointed in the sound quality. All I can clearly hear is the person doing the actual taping snapping off pictures and squealing like a little girl (no offense to any little girls who may be on here :oops: ) A soundboard would allow us to hear just how bad it had gotten soooo near the end, but it would also provide us with a few stellar moments. In my opinion, "Bridge Over Troubled Water" sounded like it was probably performed way above average...and who wouldn't want to hear good ole' EP telling most all of Indianapolis that his Aunt or Cousin is "Nuttier than a fruitcake!" I think the feeling is that most of us would love to have it, despite the sad nature surrounding it. Peace! 8)

Tue Apr 29, 2003 9:58 pm

It’s not really a question of whether we would like to have it. The point is do BMG have a soundboard of this show. This has not been documented anywhere yet, and there has been no evidence posted in this particular thread to suggest otherwise.