All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Re: tracklist for

Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:30 am

TALLHAIR 2 wrote:... "The pills are wearing off" ( as heard during the session) are not

party pills, but birth control pills... Right?!


Hilarious! :D

After all the talk here on the mb, I simply can't wait to hear this stuff!

Keith Richards, Jr.

Re: tracklist for

Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:43 am

Keith Richards, Jr. wrote:
TALLHAIR 2 wrote:... "The pills are wearing off" ( as heard during the session) are not

party pills, but birth control pills... Right?!


Hilarious! :D

After all the talk here on the mb, I simply can't wait to hear this stuff!

Keith Richards, Jr.
I am lost!!! And happy to be so!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:37 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Gregory Nolan Jr. wrote:... it's still a little unsettling to finally have some audio proof of this ...

Have you heard it? Some might argue there's a tongue-in-cheek element to his commentary that night.

Also, apparently, no one has recognized a MAJOR subtext to these sessions.



I've heard just parts of it, Doc, and not that closely, so an "amen" to your more likely take on things...

I recall that strange mix Tampa talks about... I stopped short of saying I'd divorce my wife...
:lol:

Bring on AMERICAN WAY FIVE!!!

Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:06 am

During the out-takes of True Love Travels On a Gravel Road on Vol 4, EP says "As the world turns", is this a reference to (God help me) Days of Our Lives?




Ok ok, I took a sickie one day and there was nothing much else to watch :oops:

Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:12 pm

With this CD- the last of the series- what do we look forward to next?

tracklist for

Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:46 pm

Rumour has: the double Request Box Shows in 7 inch fold out
with 16 pages booklet... But things can always change at the
last minute...? You can't spit 'm out as quickly as in the old
days. As mentioned by me before, the makers tell me all the
time: sales are very slow these days... Recently, 2 more
dealers left the scene, and as things look, more are to follow
before the end of this year.

No dealers, no distribution, no more boots.
A sad reality. And it also means no more new tapes can be
bought from private collectors. Their prices are often outrages,
and no sensible boot label is investing a lot of money, when
one knows up forehand it's not gonna move enough copies.
SC told me, sales ( also due to downloading from certain sites)
has gone down in a big way. American 5 is doing 40% less
than the previous four...

And believe you me, its only goin' down, from here on.
Please, do not pm me on where to buy unreleased sbs, because
you have X thousand dollars to spend on your hobby.
Im only a messager here.

Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:26 pm

imagine the possibilities if we all could some how chip in and buy some of the rare sounboards that the private collecters have. say a group of 30 or even 50 people all threw in the cash :>)

Jess

Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:30 pm

Sorry, but I'm not selling them. No one gets to hear them except me. I can't be bought no matter how much money is offered, so don't even try.
Last edited by Rob on Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:30 pm

BTW What kind of prices do collectors ask for when approached for their unreleased tapes??

Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:58 pm

the problem with buying tapes is how many times as it been copyed say you brought a tape for 2000 and thought you could make some back by getting it out to the fans on cd but somebody eles gets there first your investment as gone i wonder if this as ever happend . we must support the good labels madison / sc because maybe just maybe they might pull out of the market then we will get the real shitty stuff long live the original and best labels mr baxter


Jess

tracklist for

Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:28 pm

... Chipping in as a group to obtain a sb ?
Look what happened to the On Tour and TTWII material...!
You cant trust too many people, sorry to say.
And 2000 wont get you anything "rare". Maybe yet
another pre fall 76 performance...? No thank you.

Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:55 pm

ger
How much do soundboards normally cost ?

Cheers
Jess

tracklist for

Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:12 am

It would cost a round trip first class to Bali, 2 weeks stay at the
Bali Hilton Presidental suite, 2 escort ladies on 24 hour standby,
Champagne & Caviar for breakfast, and all the M&Ms you
can digest, for 2 weeks. Party! Party!

Re: tracklist for

Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:49 am

TALLHAIR 2 wrote:It would cost a round trip first class to Bali, 2 weeks stay at the
Bali Hilton Presidental suite, 2 escort ladies on 24 hour standby,
Champagne & Caviar for breakfast, and all the M&Ms you
can digest, for 2 weeks. Party! Party!


Seems to be nice trip. Are these bomb explosions included too ? ;-)

Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:08 am

Jim Dandy wrote:During the out-takes of True Love Travels On a Gravel Road on Vol 4, EP says "As the world turns", is this a reference to (God help me) Days of Our Lives?

It's a direct reference to the then-top-rated daytime soap opera, As The World Turns. During the opening credits, an announcer would intone, "As the world turns," in much the same way Presley does on that tape.

It is STILL on TV today -- it debuted on CBS-TV about the same time Elvis Presley (LPM-1254) was issued by RCA, over 51 years ago.

Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:30 pm

Promocollector wrote:BTW What kind of prices do collectors ask for when approached for their unreleased tapes??
Impossible price. The price of TRUST! And I am one kiddo that will die happy knowing that he never leaked anything or betrayed any trust .....BEFORE it was out the door ....so to speak.

Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:33 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:It is STILL on TV today -- it debuted on CBS-TV about the same time Elvis Presley (LPM-1254) was issued by RCA, over 51 years ago.


Wow............ cast has changed, I hope................

Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:22 pm

Hey, EIN has a review of "American Way 5" on their site now. As always, a GREAT review by Piers -- I sure like his in-depth reviews. This CD does seem to end the American Way series with a big BANG like I predicted when I first saw the tracklist...

Go here, folks:

http://www.elvisinfonet.com/cdreview_th ... eview.html

Keith Richards, Jr.

Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:53 pm

Hope spelling mistakes are corrected....only say this because it is an imo pro review! Great.....just marred in a fixable way. Buries with 2 Rs ...for example. I use the dots ..... a lot cause I suck at comma placing. :lol:

Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:04 pm

Juan Luis wrote:Hope spelling mistakes are corrected....only say this because it is an imo pro review! Great.....just marred in a fixable way. Buries with 2 Rs ...for example. I use the dots ..... a lot cause I suck at comma placing. :lol:


Don't worry about it. Nobody on this MB would pull you up about it. The important thing is the message - not how well you spell it.

Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:12 pm

Spellbinder wrote:
Juan Luis wrote:Hope spelling mistakes are corrected....only say this because it is an imo pro review! Great.....just marred in a fixable way. Buries with 2 Rs ...for example. I use the dots ..... a lot cause I suck at comma placing. :lol:


Don't worry about it. Nobody on this MB would pull you up about it. The important thing is the message - not how well you spell it.
Coming fom you ....I am not wise enough YET to know if there is irony here. Or not! :) Edit later... I think not and thanks. Great review I agree... Message understood.

Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:17 pm

Juan Luis wrote:
Spellbinder wrote:
Juan Luis wrote:Hope spelling mistakes are corrected....only say this because it is an imo pro review! Great.....just marred in a fixable way. Buries with 2 Rs ...for example. I use the dots ..... a lot cause I suck at comma placing. :lol:


Don't worry about it. Nobody on this MB would pull you up about it. The important thing is the message - not how well you spell it.
Coming fom you ....I am not wise enough YET to know if there is irony here. Or not! :) Edit later... I think not and thanks.


Two points here:

1. I never corrected anyone's spelling if I knew their first language wasn't English (nor did I correct obvious typos).

2. I've been warned if I didn't stop my crusade I was for the high jump.

Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:26 pm

You have taught me without knowing and wish everyone would take the effort to check....cause imo shows or gives better credence to posts. Sorry for rambling and off topic.

Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:22 pm

John from Woodley wrote:John from Woodley falls off chair.


You all right there, John ?

Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:30 pm

John from Woodley wrote:
Spellbinder wrote:
Juan Luis wrote:Hope spelling mistakes are corrected....only say this because it is an imo pro review! Great.....just marred in a fixable way. Buries with 2 Rs ...for example. I use the dots ..... a lot cause I suck at comma placing. :lol:


Don't worry about it. Nobody on this MB would pull you up about it. The important thing is the message - not how well you spell it.


John from Woodley falls off chair.


I would have responded sooner, but I was in a state of shock! :lol: