November FTDs - titles announced

All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

deadringer
Registered for: 18 years 7 months

Post by deadringer »

Brian Quinn wrote: I totally disagree with your comments. You are obviously a pessimist. When the EPE Documentary is finally released it will be OUTSTANDING and again a huge seller worldwide.

Bob Sillerman has nothing to do with the rubber ducks etc., it is the marketing wing of EPE. Sillerman, in my opinion, is the best thing ever to happen to the Elvis Legacy and will ensure that he is a viable proposition in twenty years time. You have obviously not seen his plans for the amelioration of the Graceland complex.

EPE and CKX need to adapt to the modern world and this is what Sillerman is doing. His next move must be the purchase of Elvis' Back Catalogue from Sony BMG. Then perhaps we will see Elvis' records back at the top of the charts in the U.S.A. where they belong. Somy BMG have proved a disappointment.Brian
- no problem if you dissagree of course ;-) and as you wrote - yes I am pesimistic in this. I really do not expect anything worth/good from EPE. And I do not care about Graceland too. They can burn it down or transform into psycho ward if they want...

Finally, I sincerely hope that this Sillerman will never get rights to Elvis catalogue, to his music legacy.

Daryl
On Suspension Until Further Notice...
Registered for: 20 years 10 months

Post by Daryl »

Hello,

Does anybody know whether the master and outtakes to "I Met Her Today" will be included on the "Pot Luck" FTD release? I realize that "I Met Her Today" first appeared on the "Elvis For Everyone" LP. I also am aware that "I Met Her Today" was recorded around the same time that the "Pot Luck" LP was recorded. Will I have to wait until FTD upgrades "Elvis For Everyone" to get the "I Met Her Today" outtakes?

Daryl

3DS Friend Code 0387-8874-3735

Coming Soon --> ELVIS SESSIONS IV

Rob

Post by Rob »

deadringer wrote:I am pesimistic in this. I really do not expect anything worth/good from EPE. And I do not care about Graceland too. They can burn it down or transform into psycho ward if they want.
Is this half empty or half full?

deadringer

Post by deadringer »

Rob wrote:
deadringer wrote:I am pesimistic in this. I really do not expect anything worth/good from EPE. And I do not care about Graceland too. They can burn it down or transform into psycho ward if they want.

I do not drink water but show me some glass of Margaux or Pomerol and I will tell you ;-) ... of course half empty ;-(

Topic author
Spellbinder
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by Spellbinder »

Daryl wrote:Does anybody know whether the master and outtakes to "I Met Her Today" will be included on the "Pot Luck" FTD release?

Yes.

Mike Windgren

Post by Mike Windgren »

Hi there!! :D :D :D.
Spellbinder wrote:Man & His Music
It will be great to have both releases on the classic albums series 8). I hope they surprise us on the Girls!, Girls!,Girls! cd, we have been told the sessions were missing in the RCA vaults :?. By the way, I´m still waiting for my Man & His Music magazine, is there any news from Ernst Jorgensen on the Sun Boxset :?:. Thank you!!. Bye for now :wink:.

Mike Windgren.

Viva el vino, viva el dinero, viva, viva el amor!!.

Topic author
Spellbinder

Post by Spellbinder »

John from Woodley wrote:
Spellbinder wrote:
Daryl wrote:Does anybody know whether the master and outtakes to "I Met Her Today" will be included on the "Pot Luck" FTD release?

Yes.
...but who?

Ernst?

McVicar
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by McVicar »

Spellbinder wrote:IMHO FTD don't release enough CDs each year.
IMHO?

FOYC

TONY

Post by TONY »

[quote="deadringerElvis by Presleys crap as an example. quote]

Why was this release crap?! Most fans enjoyed the unseen footage, the stories and the presentation!!

Little Darlin
Registered for: 16 years 10 months
Location: Being Entertained By Grammy Nominated Artist Adam Lambert.

Post by Little Darlin »

Mike Windgren wrote:Hi there!! :D :D :D.
It will be great to have both releases on the classic albums series 8). I hope they surprise us on the Girls!, Girls!,Girls! cd, we have been told the sessions were missing in the RCA vaults :?. By the way, I´m still waiting for my Man & His Music magazine, is there any news from Ernst Jorgensen on the Sun Boxset :?:. Thank you!!. Bye for now :wink:.

Mike Windgren.

No there isn't any News Mike.

I saw Elvis live in concert the year before he died. Even then, he was bigger than life, and had amazing charisma. Haven't seen anything like it since, ....until Adam.........Nocturnal 2010
No matter how old you are, no matter who you sleep with, no matter what color your skin is, we can all party together.” - Adam Lambert 2010

Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Thomas wrote:Pot Luck and Girls Girls Girls? Hmmm ...
I'm a jumpsuit junkie, and it's been some time now since I had my last shot ...
You're right, 4 unreleased shows in the last 9 months...wow, so long.

Kingtiger0321

Post by Kingtiger0321 »

So is FTD going to avoid the "Elvis for everyone" album or will it be a "Tickle me" situation? I'm guessing all bonus tracks on the 1999 re-issue of "Pot luck" will be on this release as well? I'm looking forward to these releases :)

Random qoutes:

"I'll be dog gone Nick! Your house done blowed up, s'on fire too!" - Elvis

"You fed them DOG FOOD! How Dare!!!!" - "Paradise, Hawaiian style"

deadringer

Post by deadringer »

Kingtiger0321 wrote:So is FTD going to avoid the "Elvis for everyone" album or will it be a "Tickle me" situation? I'm guessing all bonus tracks on the 1999 re-issue of "Pot luck" will be on this release as well? I'm looking forward to these releases :)
It's question if all takes will fit onto 2 CDs I think. Maybe POT LUCK FTD will be less complete than bootleg versions?

ritchie valens
Banned for Political Trolling
Banned for Political Trolling
Registered for: 18 years 11 months

Post by ritchie valens »

look at it like this. they found the outtakes for easy come easy go which is a paramount movie. ggg is too so they may have found the long lost ggg session reels. not just the over booted material.

JerryNodak

Post by JerryNodak »

I'll be fine with whatever is released on GGG. Just to have it in the deluxe 7 inch packaging and any sound improvment over the Double Features release. I hope Ernst doesn't let Lene anyuwhere near this (or Pot Luck).

Axeman

Post by Axeman »

Rob wrote:

Image[/quote]

Neither. The glass is too big!

Axe

Axeman

Post by Axeman »

Daryl wrote:Hello,

Does anybody know whether the master and outtakes to "I Met Her Today" will be included on the "Pot Luck" FTD release? I realize that "I Met Her Today" first appeared on the "Elvis For Everyone" LP.
Probably will. It would have fit better on Something for Everybody in place of Good Luck Charm, IMO.

Axe

Mike Windgren

Post by Mike Windgren »

Hello!! :D :D :D.
Little Darlin wrote:
Mike Windgren wrote:Hi there!! :D :D :D.

Mike Windgren.

No there isn't any News Mike.
Thank you, Little Darlin. Bye for now :wink:.

Mike Windgren.

Magnus
Registered for: 17 years 11 months

Post by Magnus »

the tracklist of Girls Girls Girls have a lot of suprises...

Hav-A-Tampa
Registered for: 20 years 6 months

Post by Hav-A-Tampa »

Magnus wrote:the tracklist of Girls Girls Girls have a lot of suprises...
How do you know this, and why don't you post the tracklist if you have it?

philobeddo

Post by philobeddo »

Magnus wrote:
the tracklist of Girls Girls Girls have a lot of suprises...

Ah yes, all those Stella Stevens songs.
And don't forget the Amigo's Mama sessions. And the Chinese Girls rehearsing their part on Earth Boy,

"Right turn Clyde"

Kingtiger0321

Post by Kingtiger0321 »

philobeddo wrote: The Chinese Girls rehearsing their part on Earth Boy,
If the first 6 false starts from this are not released and in perfect sound I will not be purchasing this! :lol:

C'mon now, releasing Paradise, Hawaiian Style without the Donna Butterworth sessions was just a sin :roll: :twisted:

Just kidding!

Random qoutes:

"I'll be dog gone Nick! Your house done blowed up, s'on fire too!" - Elvis

"You fed them DOG FOOD! How Dare!!!!" - "Paradise, Hawaiian style"

milstein2001
Registered for: 19 years 5 months

Post by milstein2001 »

Well I prefer to get the concerts but its all valid. I would like to see more effort made on the sound quite frankly. Some of the concerts have had great sound while others have had dull mono.

I would like to see all the binaural material remastered to true stereo and for the basic 50s monos still being churned out by BMG to be given some 'presence' for a change.

Maybe we are all getting too picky..........

Cryogenic
Registered for: 18 years 1 month

Post by Cryogenic »

GREAT NEWS!!!

"Pot Luck" will complete the triumvirate of those wonderful early 60's albums.

"Girls, Girls, Girls" doesn't especially thrill me, but I'm glad it's coming out.

Then maybe FTD can get to work on the likes of "Jailhouse Rock", "King Creole", "Elvis' Christmas Album", "Blue Hawaii" and "Elvis Country". Yeah! :twisted:

Matthew

Post by Matthew »

milstein2001 wrote:Well I prefer to get the concerts but its all valid. I would like to see more effort made on the sound quite frankly. Some of the concerts have had great sound while others have had dull mono.
All mono releases are that way because that is how they were captured at the soundboard. They cannot be made into stereo.
milstein2001 wrote:I would like to see all the binaural material remastered to true stereo and for the basic 50s monos still being churned out by BMG to be given some 'presence' for a change.
How can you make a binural recording "true" stereo? They will always be what they are, 99% with Elvis' vocal on one channel. With regards to 'presence', I presume you refer to top notch sound quality in which case I direct you to the various projects Kevan Budd has worked on, you will find your results there. Try "Elvis at Sun" as a starting point.
milstein2001 wrote:Maybe we are all getting too picky..........
It would seem so. If only some were more informed before passing their criticisms.
Last edited by Matthew on Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:15 am, edited 1 time in total.