All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:17 pm

"this is elvis" is also " blessed" with a raw, shi-tty production, seems like Warner screw the whole thing ! :x i don't know about the other DVDs ( those of the movies...)

Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:26 pm

Dan wrote Quote Agreed the out-takes are awful quality,this is obviously why they were removed from the original SE release,and Ernst's comments about film being very expensive to work with makes sense now.

I watched Stay Away,Joe,last night,the picture on that is stunning,I can't see how this could be improved on,even if they released a HD version,it's that good. End quote

Dan if I understood you : WB Turner can afford to improve a whole 90 minutes plus of 8 different Elvis movies to a very high quality, but cannot afford to do it for 40 minutes of outtakes.

I guess that makes sense.

Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:33 pm

I still have the VHS version of the original 70's movie and its quality is so much better than what have been released on this DVD.

Also have watched over the years the orginal version on Turner Movies and the BBC and the quality shown there far surpasses what in on the new DVD.

I loved the SE version but lamented what had been left out and though this DVD makes up for that why could they not at least have released a decent version. Did not even have to restore it just give us a decent copy.