All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:11 am

I can't believe I'm reading this thread!

Without Ernst there would be NOTHING.

Period!

Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:29 am

Ernst is such an important person in the elvis world and is love for elvis shines thru in the great cds ftd give us.. But dont forget Ernst does not decide Everything Elvis i think he puts farward ideas and sony /bmg pick what they want im sure if Ernst had full controll we would have everything thats worthy of a release my hat if to Ernst for is outstanding work and long may it contiune and the Elvis world is a better place because of him and the ftd Team lets just sit back and look what we have had over the past 30 years elvis will never be back :( but the music lives on thankfully he as left some Amazing outakes behind that we can all listen to

jess wade

Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:12 am

KiwiAlan wrote:I can't believe I'm reading this thread!

Period!
Ernst J. is rich because of Elvis...are you on =his payroll? David Bendeth with Elvis Presley good and loud proved that Elvis is Elvis and don't need anybody!! That's why imo David and Ernst are good "buddies".....NOT! :lol:

Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:38 am

Hav-A-Tampa wrote:
Daryl wrote:Elvis At Sun - easily surpassed by Pirzada's MRS Volumes 1 & 2.

- I am afraid that he IS serious :evil:. Some people need new set of ears.
Last edited by deadringer on Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:39 am

Little Darlin wrote:Is anyone else finding Daryl's negativity on the Forum annoying and tiresome or is it just Me?

It's not just you.

Frankly, his comments are more than annoying and tiresome -- they are a little creepy.

Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:10 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Little Darlin wrote:Is anyone else finding Daryl's negativity on the Forum annoying and tiresome or is it just Me?

It's not just you.

Frankly, his comments are more than annoying and tiresome -- they are a little creepy.

The question is: WHY? I guess that you know the answer......

Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:30 am

Daryl wrote:I do think Ernst should be a little more selective in his choices as to what to put out. For example. The "Closing Night" FTD from September, 1973 is in my honest opinion an embarrassment and probably never should have been released.

I agree about this particular show. It is a complete embarrassment to any Elvis fan who appreciates a great show when he/she hears one. I put my head in my hands both times I listened to it. The second time I heard it, I prayed that it wouldn't be as bad as the first. Some prayers go unanswered.

However, I am glad that I had the chance to hear the show that caused such a ruckus between Elvis and the Colonel (this is one time I sided with Parker).

FTD is a collectors label and not for the casual fan. Sometimes some tend to forget that little fact. Me being a collector of such recordings (good or bad), appreciates anything of the sort that comes along. I don't always like them and the "Closing Night" FTD is my least favorite, but once again, it is on my shelf and on my shelf it will stay.

I appreciate Ernst very much and hope he is around for a long time to come.

Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:00 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:

It's not just you.

I nearly agreed with Daryl in a thread ... once! but then decided against it as all he seems to try and do is take Ernst down - and that isn't right.

Reading between the lines - and also EIN's interview with Joseph Pirzada - could Daryl actually be Joseph?

Joseph you need to answer this one!

I, for one, get along great with Ernst, and have total respect for him and what he has achieved with regard to what he has brought out to the fans, and what he continues to bring out to the fans.

Let's face it - if Ernst wasn't at the helm of Elvis' catalogue and didn't start the FTD label (himself, with his own money) where would we be?

I would rather not even think about that!

Thanks Ernst for everything you have done for Elvis fans - and long may it continue

Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:26 am

Keith F wrote:Let's face it - if Ernst wasn't at the helm of Elvis' catalogue and didn't start the FTD label (himself, with his own money) where would we be?

:?:

Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:58 am

Daryl wrote:Hello,

Doc wrote:

Ernst has managed to reassess and reorganize the Presley canon in such a fashion that anyone who wants to know why late 20th century interest in Elvis significantly increased, Jørgensen's releases under the BMG and FTD imprint will be given their undeniable due. His humour, intelligence and insight have been vital to the many successes of the past twenty years.

While Ernst had done some great projects (50's box, 60's I, IFDWLC, AG, Platinum, and Today, Tomorrow And Forever), I would hardly say that the Elvis Presley canon is reorganized. If anything, it's a sheer mess. Granted, Ernst (or to be correct BMG aka Sony/BMG) has released a volume of previously unheard material. But to be fair, the catalog is in shambles. How many of Elvis' original albums can be found in stores as they were originally presented while Elvis was living.

The fact that original albums have not remained on the BMG imprint has less to do with Ernst than with the fact that the market for prerecorded music has faced unprecedented challenges over the past few years as CD sales have hit rock bottom. I don't think you have any idea what it means in this day and age to have access to rare Elvis recordings through a collector's label imprint when other labels are folding left and right in the industry and people are losing their jobs.
Last edited by thenexte on Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:07 am

Juan Luis wrote:

Period!
Ernst J. is rich because of Elvis...are you on =his payroll? David Bendeth with Elvis Presley good and loud proved that Elvis is Elvis and don't need anybody!! That's why imo David and Ernst are good "buddies".....NOT! :lol:

Without Ernst would FTD have born.

Without Ernst would RCA have been pushed to put out so much Elvis content?

Ernst has done much more than anyone else to keep the dream alive.

Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:33 am

KiwiAlan wrote:
Juan Luis wrote:

Period!

Without Ernst would FTD have born.

Without Ernst would RCA have been pushed to put out so much Elvis content?

Ernst has done much more than anyone else to keep the dream alive.
I KNOW THAT! :)

Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:44 am

Daryl wrote:Hello,

While I agree with you Ton Bruins that we shouldn't blame Ernst for some of the shows that Elvis did, I do think Ernst should be a little more selective in his choices as to what to put out. For example. The "Closing Night" FTD from September, 1973 is in my honest opinion an embarrassment and probably never should have been released. The comments that Elvis made on that FTD do not present Elvis in a positive manner whatsoever. There are far better shows to release, like say the closing night from February 1970 or for that matter the opening night from that very same engagement. I'm still waiting for him to release the live version of "True Love Travels On A Gravel Road" officially on FTD.

Daryl
You pretty much know your Elvis...and agree on a lot of stuff you say..BUT...it seems you have an agenda against EJ...so that takes alot away..imo.

Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:13 am

Any new/improved material is a blessing.

Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:30 am

Let me set the record straight.

Doc, you find my comments "creepy". I get the feeling that my comments intimidate you.

Keith F., no I am not Pirzada. I already said that I have helped Tunzi on a few of his projects. Do you need any more hints?

I would love to see evidence that Ernst started FTD with his own money. That's total b.s. If anyone invested their own money in FTD it would be Roger Semon. Roger brought Ernst on board. Roger worked with Joan Deary for several years. Ernst has become very wealthy due to your continued patronage. That doesn't mean you have to kiss his ass. I want no part of that. Somebody said that without Ernst there'd be nothing. WRONG! Without Elvis there'd be nothing! And for someone to refer to the latest FTDS as "presents" in a recent thread is asinine. Why? Did that person get those FTDS gratis? As for my comments pertaining to the original albums, what was the need of all of those bonus tracks. Why can't Ernst present the catalog now at a price point similiar to the recent Camdens?

As for Ger Rjiff, what worthwhile project has he actually done in the last 10-15 years?

As for my comments regarding Pirzada and "Elvis At Sun", I'm still waiting for that FTD Sun project...tick...tock...is it a pipe dream or is it going to come to fruition?

Daryl

Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:38 am

thenexte wrote:The fact that original albums have not remained on the BMG imprint has less to do with Ernst than with the fact that the market for prerecorded music has faced unprecedented challenges over the past few years as CD sales have hit rock bottom. I don't think you have any idea what it means in this day and age to have access to rare Elvis recordings through a collector's label imprint when other labels are folding left and right in the industry and people are losing their jobs.

The state of the music industry should not give BMG a free pass. The Presley catalogue has been in shambles for years. When the 1999 reissue program began, even with its flaws, there seemed to be a real attempt to create some orginization to the catalogue only to have it derailed a couple of years later. Since then, there has been little to no attempt by BMG to support the Presley mainstream catalogue with some sort of artistic integrity. The Miles Davis catalogue certainly sells less units than the EP catalogue, yet a lot of the catalogue is available (even with shrinking cd sales). There would be nothing wrong with BMG/Sony having some of Elvis' studio achievements available and promoted. No other legacy artist of Elvis' level has their mainstream catalogues from a major label is such disarray. And while Ernst is not directly involved or to blame for the state of the EP catalogue, he certainly should not get a free pass. He is a very influential figure in the Elvis recording world and it does not seem he has tried to convince and put pressure on the executives overseeing the EP catalogue of the artistic importance behind giving EP's catalogue some artistic integrity and orginization. Ernst has become the king of compilations. At one time he looked down at how BMG/RCA had run the EP catalogue during Elvis' life and postumously, now he condones it.

Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:44 am

Awww Daryl !!!(':x')

In your replied post
to myself earlier in this thread, your observations were positive.(':D')

Now you gone back to the negative stuff!!!.(':cry:')

Let me see if i can
get you back to the positive side again.

In no particular order, here's my fave EJ discoveries since 1985 -

1) I'm a Roustabout (second to none).

2) Rubberneckin (Collectors Gold/All Shook Up)

3) King Creole (Essential Elvis Vol 3)

4) Elvis At The International (FTD - All of it)

5) Stranger in my own hometown (Walk A Mile In My Shoes)

6) In The Ghetto (A Life In Music)

7) Susan When She Tried (6363 Sunset)

8) Steramroller blues (A Life in music)

9) Amazing Grace (Walk A Mile In My Shoes)

10) Lawdy Miss Clawdy ( FTD - Spring Tours 1977)

11) Mary in the morning (FTD - Nashville Sessions)

Daryl, is there any of the above that appeals to you (baring in mind
you did say you needed to "Think of some more")?
Last edited by Robt on Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:51 am

Daryl wrote:Let me set the record straight.

Someone page me when this happens.

Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:00 am

Keith F wrote: Reading between the lines - and also EIN's interview with Joseph Pirzada - could Daryl actually be Joseph?

This is the question!

Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:10 am

Hello,

Daryl wrote:As for Ger Rjiff, what worthwhile project has he actually done in the last 10-15 years?

Listen, Ger Rijff has done more worthwhile projects in the last 10-15 years than you have done in your LIFE, and so has Ernst Jorgensen. These fellows are legends.

See ya!

Keith Richards, Jr.

Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:07 am

Robt wrote:Awww Daryl !!!(':x')

In your replied post
to myself earlier in this thread, your observations were positive.(':D')

Now you gone back to the negative stuff!!!.(':cry:')

Let me see if i can
get you back to the positive side again.

in no particular order, here's my fave EJ discoveries since 1985 -

1) I'm a Roustabout (second to none).

2) Rubberneckin (Collectors Gold/All Shook Up)

3) King Creole (Essential Elvis Vol 3)

4) Elvis At The International (FTD - All of it)

5) Stranger in my own hometown (Walk A Mile In My Shoes)

6) In The Ghetto (A Life In Music)

7) Susan When She Tried (6363 Sunset)

8) Steamroller Blues ( A Life In Music)

9) Amazing Grace (Walk A Mile In My Shoes)

10) Lawdy Miss Clawdy ( FTD - Spring Tours 1977)

11) Mary in the morning (FTD - Nashville Sessions)

Daryl, is there any of the above that appeals to you (baring in mind
you did say you needed to "Think of some more")?

I have to add:

12) Tiger Man 1975 (70's Masters)

4) Elvis At The International (FTD - All of it) should have release in BMG label not only narrow FTD fans market that's best sounded Elvis concert album of all time.

What may Elvis think about Ernst and FTD's sountracks and soundboard concerts ???? :roll: ? :smt058 ? :smt067 ?

Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:08 pm

A 100 RELEASES CATALOGUE

ELVIS PRESLEY CLASSIC CATALOGUE
1- Elvis Presley (1956)
2- Elvis (1956)
3- Loving You (1957)
4- Elvis´ Christmas Album (1957)
5- Elvis´ Golden Records (1958)
6- King Creole (1958)
7- For LP Fans Only (1959)
8- A Date with Elvis (1959)
9- Elvis´ Golden Records vol.2 (1959)
10- Elvis is Back! (1960)
11- G.I. Blues (1960)
12- His Hand in Mine
13- Flamming Star / Wild In The Country / Follow That Dream
14- Something for Everybody (1961)
15- Blue Hawai (1961)
16- Kid Galahad / Girls! Girls! Girls!
17- Pot Luck (1962)
18- Elvis´ Golden Records vol.3 (1963)
19- It Happened at the World´s Fair / Fun in Acapulco
20- Viva Las Vegas / Roustabout
21- Elvis for Everyone (1965)
22- Girl Happy / Harum Scarum
23- Frankie and Johnny / Paradise, Hawaiian Style
24- Spinout / Double Trouble
25- How Great Thou Art (1967)
26- Kissin´ Cousins / Clambake / Stay Away Joe
27- Elvis´ Golden Records vol.4 (1968)
28- Easy Come, Easy Go / Speedway
29- Elvis (1968)
30- Live a Little / Charro / Change of Habits
31- From Elvis in Memphis (1969)
32- From Memphis to Vegas/From Vegas to Memphis (1969)
33- On Stage (1970)
34- That´s the Way it is (1970)
35- Elvis Country (1971)
36- Love Letters from Elvis (1971)
37- Elvis sings the Wonderful World of Christmas (1971)
38- Elvis Now (1972)
39- He Touched Me (1972)
40- As Recorded at MSG (1972)
41- Aloha from Hawaii (1973)
42- Elvis (1973)
43- Raised On Rock (1973)
44- Good Times (1974)
45- As Recorded Live on Stage in Memphis (1974)
46- Promised Land (1975)
47- Today (1975)
48- The Sun Sessions (1975)
49- From Elvis Presley Boulevard (1976)
50- Moody Blue (1977)
51- Elvis in Concert (1977)

POST 1977 (CDs / BOXSETS)
52- The 50´s Masters – The King of Rock´n´Roll (boxset)
53- The 60´s Masters – From Nashville to Memphis (boxset)
54- The 70´s Masters – Walk a Mile in my Shoes (boxset)
55- Sunrise (2 CDs)
56- Elvis at Sun
57- The Million Dollar Quartet
58- Jailhouse Rock (and Love Me Tender)
59- The Home Recordings
60- Elvis chante Jerry Leiber & Mike Stoller (2 CDs)
61- Elvis chante Mort Shuman & Doc Pomus (2 CDs)
62- Elvis chante Sid Tepper & Roy C. Bennett (2 CDs)
63- The Lost Album
64- Tomorrow is a Long Time
65- Memories (2 CDs)
66- Tiger Man
67- The Memphis Record
68- Suspicious Minds – 1969 Anthology (2 CDs)
69- That´s the Way it is (3 CDs)
70- If Everyday was like Christmas (2 CDs)
71- An Afternoon in the Garden
72- Burning Love
73- Alternate Aloha
74- Elvis´ Golden Records vol.5
75- Elv1s
76- Second to none
77- The Great Performances
78- Elvis – la Voix du Rock (2 CDs)
79- Reconsider Baby
80- Elvis Christmas Peace
81- Elvis – Ultimate Gospel
82- Amazing Grace (2 CDs)
83- Elvis Latino
84- Romantique Elvis
85- Essential vol.1
86- Essential vol.2 – Stereo 1957
87- Essential vol.3 – Hits like Never before
88- Essential vol.4 – A Hundred Years from Now
89- Essential vol.5 – Rhythm And Country
90- Essential vol.6 – Such a Night!
91- A Golden Celebration (boxset)
92- The Silver BoxSet (boxset)
93- Collector´s Gold (boxset)
94- Platinum – A Life in Music (boxset)
95- Today, Tomorrow and Forever (boxset)
96- Close Up (boxset)
97- Live in Vegas (boxset)
98- Elvis #1 singles (boxset)
99- 18 UK #1 Hits (boxset)
100- Artist of the Century (boxset)

BTW, Thanks Ernst for (most of) the POST 1977 CD collection.

Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:27 pm

"what Elvis may think about Ernst and FTD soundtracks?"

That's an interesting question indeed!

Here's my views-

If Elvis was alive and recording new music since the
development of FTD's (1999), that he
was very passionate about, then he may find that he
would have to compete with his back catalogue on a
regular basis, i.e 3 FTD's per year.

Consequently his new material would have a snowballs
chance in hell of selling and that would be unfair to
any artist who was trying to evolve and move with the
times.

From a commercial point of view, Elvis would love it but
from an artistic view, the FTD's would be detrimental.

What do other fans think?
Last edited by Robt on Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:35 pm

Robt wrote: Steramroller blues (A Life in music)

Hmmm, sorry, not familiar with that one...

Sincerely MB280E

Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:07 pm

Period!

hmm...I would like to refraise this to: "Without Elvis there would be NOTHING" ;)