All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:01 am

Are there any highlights on easy come easy go ie songs sang in diffrent tempo or funny studio banter ?

thanks
Jess

Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:48 am

Sure is, Wade, like when Elvis repeated a word or a sentence uttered by someone else. Can’t remember what it was right now, but it was fun.

Per

Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:01 am

thanks ive never missed a ftd before and was thinking of passing but if its a fun cd ill buy it :D

jess

Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:52 am

Hey Jess- love your avatar! VERY COOL :lol:

Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:00 am

Jess, "The Love Machine" (take 5). It breaks down immediately, and someone says "lovely", and then Elvis echoes that word. Funny and lovely moment. It’s the way he says it. Sticks out in your mind, you know.

Per

Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:44 am

jess wade wrote:thanks ive never missed a ftd before and was thinking of passing but if its a fun cd ill buy it :D

jess

Well if you have purchased some of the other soundtracks such as It Happened At The Worlds Fair and Girl Happy, why not add ECEG to the collection? None will be played often, but at least the collection will be complete....

Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:04 am

frus75 wrote:the lucky ones who already have the cds could tell us something more about them, i.e. about the alternates of I'm leavin', love me love the life, early morning rain, etc!

hmmm,what can I say about them other than its great to finally have outtakes of them too.
I` Leavin` is a very early take and it shows....at the end Elvis say something like "damn this was hard but worth working on"
LMLTLIL is good as well but nothing special....of the "new" outtake songs I find Early morning rain rather boring :?

Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:43 pm

Strange that so few has these releases yet,usually everyone else get FTD releases before I do. :?:

Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:46 pm

thanx friend!

what about it's still here, i will be true and Padre?

Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:37 pm

So, I’ve received my copies also! Am I pleased? Yes! This three-pack is absolutely one of the best FTD packages ever!
Even “Easy Come, Easy Go” shines! There are other people more qualified to review these CD’s.
I only want to express my gratitude to the people making this possible! So far, I will rank “I Sing All Kinds” along with “The Nashville Marathon”, “Essential Elvis Vol 4” and “Memphis Sessions”. Yes, even "The Jungle Room Sessions". This is a real treat!
The too often slandered “Raised On Rock” sessions, which have been an all time favorite of mine, hopefully will change the mind of those who neglected the original album.
The “Raised On Rock” FTD surely sets the record straight!
I’m not into details yet, but the overall impression, once again, is that Elvis in the 70’s should have been less overdubbed.
If you’re a fan of Elvis of the 70’s you won’t regret going for “I Sing All Kinds” and “Raised On Rock”.
If you’re not too keen on the 60’s soundtracks you may live without “Easy Come, Easy Go”.
We, who collect everything FTD, know what we get on the latter. And for those, I must say that the title track really sounds different in this mix. The outtakes of “She’s A Machine” also proves that he could still deliver if only….

Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:07 pm

Thanks for the info, Bajo!

Was "Easy Come, Easy Go" only released in mono back in 1967?

Keith Richards, Jr.

Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:31 am

frus75 wrote:thanx friend!

what about it's still here, i will be true and Padre?

Never liked these songs......thoose 3 and "kathleen" makes the original 1973 album score low on my list.
But the outtakes sounds good enough so I`m sure you will like it.

Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:37 am

Hi Keith!
Yes, the EP was only mono! The DF series was the first stereo release. But rumours says it was released in stereo somewhere far east!
(As was Follow That Dream)????
Still, this FTD rumours to hold "never before released stereo mixes.
At least I noticed this on the opening track! A nice, unexpected listening.
But, this soundtrack still lingers as one of the poorest recording works of our man! Still, as a fan.....

Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:39 am

Keith Richards, Jr. wrote:Thanks for the info, Bajo!

Was "Easy Come, Easy Go" only released in mono back in 1967?

Keith Richards, Jr.

It was issued as a 45rpm Exteneded Play.

In 1967 no RCA single or EP's were made available in stereo.

Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:57 am

Thanks for the replies, guys. I'm really looking forward to this FTD because there are three songs on it that I have never heard in my life. I repeat: three brand new Elvis songs. Yes please!!

Can some of you Norwegian guys tell us something about the booklets for these new FTD releases? Are they designed like "His Hand In Mine" and "Elvis' Gold Records 2" (both very nice) or have they come up with something else?

Note to my dealer: get... these... discs... NOW!

I simply can't wait no more.

Keith Richards, Jr.

Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:50 am

It's so sad that Elvis didn't record his vocals for these tracks. But i'm happy that Ernst finally changed his mind and released these instrumental tracks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrEcoHfo6ec

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LpUbDQXIRc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruasEennb9c

Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:27 pm

Dear friends,

praise for the july releases of the FTD-label. This is what I call a 30th anniversary present! Who needs a box set when you get two of Elvis' greatest sessions!?

I only had the chance to listen a little bit but I'm amazed.

Easy Come ... well, that one is nice to have ... and that's it :-)
But I guess this is not Ernst' but Elvis' fault ....

Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:54 pm

Last night I listened to both Raised On Rock and I Sing All Kinds twice.

My conclusion: Raised On Rock is a killer! The sound is P E R F E C T!
The difference compared to the original album release is enormous!
This is the way it should be done - for ALL Elvis 70s releases!

I Sing All Kinds is also very good soundwise, but maybe not all the way up there along with The Nashville Marathon.

Easy Come Easy Go I haven't studied that much yet, but a quick run-through revealed that it's a typical 60s soundtrack soundwise.
The content is surely not among Elvis' finest movie stuff, but anyway...

Raised On Rock will be playing in my cd player(s) for a long long time - I can assure you all that!

Way to go, FTD!

Br
Kristian

Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:09 pm

:lol: Wow! loved your first hand comments Kristian! unfortunatly in Australia i (think) we have maybe another 10 days to wait(so i was told today) but your comments have let me sleep easy KNOWING that the wait will be very richly rewarded to my EARS & SOUL! :roll:

Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:24 pm

Kristian Hjelmaas wrote:
Br
Kristian

Is it comparable to the fantastic sounding Japanese 20/24 bit remaster/ No one has been able to say yet?!

Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:52 pm

TONY wrote:
Kristian Hjelmaas wrote:
Br
Kristian

Is it comparable to the fantastic sounding Japanese 20/24 bit remaster/ No one has been able to say yet?!

Hi Tony!

I don't have that Japanese version, so I'm afraid I can't compare them for you.

Anyway, if all 70s Elvis cd's were done in this way, I don't think any of us would've had anything to complain about, soundwise...

Br
Kristian

Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:30 pm

TONY wrote:
Kristian Hjelmaas wrote:
Br
Kristian

As I wrote previously,jap 20bit is better.

Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:34 pm

Got mine today, FINALLY !!! :D

Listening to 'I Sing All Kinds'... man, that is some FINE piano playing by David Briggs on 'Help Me Make It Through The Night'... GREAT!!

'Until It's Time For You To Go' is playing now... sounds like another mighty fine take!

Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:48 pm

Most fans in the U.S. should consider this an August FTD as it takes forever to get the new releases delivered to the States.

Re: COMPARISON

Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:52 pm

KingElvis wrote:
TONY wrote:Can anyone say wether the master take tracks are in as good and awesome sound quality as the Japanese 24bit remaster?

I have compared and sound on jap 20bit is better,I used headphones.
Still I like it very much.....same goes for "I Sing All Kinds"

There is absolutely no comparison between the new "Raised on rock" FTD remaster and the 1999 20bit Japan CD, the FTD is hands down the best digital presentation we've ever had of this album. The Japanese disc does not even come close to how the original album sounded, as it buries the vocals and adds treble. The new DSD transfers from the album masters done for the FTD release sound much fresher and less processed than anything we've ever had before. Don't compare them on headphones at low volumes, play them both back on a good system with the volume turned up!