All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:10 pm

Lennart wrote:Thanks KingElvis!
Well, seemed to good to be true about Memphis Tennessee but it seems interesting anyway.
I hope Elvis dosen´t sound bored, does he?

Lennart


no he does not sound bored,in fact its a lots of laughter between takes.
This FTD release is great,highly recommended.
Sound is awsome,only complain I have is that some of the pictures in booklet is not sharp......
And shame that outtakes of title track is missing as mentioned earlier.
Havent heard "I Sing All Kinds" yet.

Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:17 pm

JerryNodak wrote:Sure glad someone other than Lene did the work on this album.

I remember how much I looked forward to "Today" and then.......


you probably want to skip "I Sing All Kinds" release then..... :shock:

Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:28 pm

Wonderful 2 CD set!!!
A big 'thank you' to Ernst for releasing the instrumental tracks!!! Hopefully they will release the other 70's albums too,ASAP.

Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:28 pm

KingElvis wrote:
JerryNodak wrote:Sure glad someone other than Lene did the work on this album.

I remember how much I looked forward to "Today" and then.......


you probably want to skip "I Sing All Kinds" release then..... :shock:


Whow! Please don't say that I Sing All Kinds suffers from some technical misbehavings due to poor remastering...!? :shock:

Br
Kristian

Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:32 pm

Thanks again KingElvis!
Seems like this is a "must have" release.
I just received "Elvis golden records vol 2" and "An american trilogy" today so I am a bit behind you guys, but I´ll be getting this release soon.

Regards

Lennart

Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:35 pm

Lennart wrote:I just received "Elvis golden records vol 2" and "An american trilogy" today so I am a bit behind you guys, but I´ll be getting this release soon.


Ah, "Gold Records 2" is an incredible CD! I'm still listening a LOT to that one.

Keith Richards, Jr.

Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:35 pm

Kristian Hjelmaas wrote:
KingElvis wrote:
JerryNodak wrote:Sure glad someone other than Lene did the work on this album.

I remember how much I looked forward to "Today" and then.......


you probably want to skip "I Sing All Kinds" release then..... :shock:


Whow! Please don't say that I Sing All Kinds suffers from some technical misbehavings due to poor remastering...!? :shock:

Br
Kristian


havent heard it yet but its Lene Reidel who has mastered this release.

Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:40 pm

KingElvis wrote:
JerryNodak wrote:Sure glad someone other than Lene did the work on this album.

I remember how much I looked forward to "Today" and then.......


you probably want to skip "I Sing All Kinds" release then..... :shock:


Looking at the tracklisting for "I Sing All Kinds" it occurs to me that most
(if not all) of the tracks will probably appear on future FTD "classic" releases. Not saying I won't buy it, but I'm going to hold off awhile.

Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:08 pm

JerryNodak wrote:Looking at the tracklisting for "I Sing All Kinds" it occurs to me that most (if not all) of the tracks will probably appear on future FTD "classic" releases. Not saying I won't buy it, but I'm going to hold off awhile.


Shhh! Rob might hear you!

Thanks for the scan, KingElvis!:smt038

In the meanwhile, ElvisNews has the tracklisting, too. Harty is just trying to raise some confusion (he was actually quite happy on the Berlin board that the former fake tracklist landed here).

But why did these tracklists have to be a secret for a month? :smt017

Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:09 pm

KingElvis wrote:
Lennart wrote:Thanks KingElvis!
Well, seemed to good to be true about Memphis Tennessee but it seems interesting anyway.
I hope Elvis dosen´t sound bored, does he?

Lennart


no he does not sound bored,in fact its a lots of laughter between takes.
This FTD release is great,highly recommended.
Sound is awsome,only complain I have is that some of the pictures in booklet is not sharp......
And shame that outtakes of title track is missing as mentioned earlier.
Havent heard "I Sing All Kinds" yet.


I am very curious about the outtake from "Love Me, Love The Life I lead" from "Sings All Kinds"....

Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:26 pm

why are you curious about it ?

Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:58 pm

Harty wrote:why are you curious about it ?


Probably because we haven't had any outtakes of this song before.............

Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:00 pm

ColinB wrote:
Harty wrote:why are you curious about it ?


Probably because we haven't had any outtakes of this song before.............


Yes, and I just love that song...

Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:06 pm

I just hope that the sound of this outtake is just great !

Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:27 pm

Unfortunately take 3 of 'For Ol' Times Sake' is missing from this CD set. It's not a squawk,just an observation.

Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:45 pm

Johanesson wrote:Unfortunately take 3 of 'For Ol' Times Sake' is missing from this CD set. It's not a squawk,just an observation.


Should be on there, for it is on Essential 5, according to Keith. I suspect a take numbering problem.

Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:34 pm

So it seems Ernst saved the single for the future classic release of Good Times and adding the outtakes of those to that one?

Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:53 pm

kuenzer wrote:
JerryNodak wrote:Not saying I won't buy it, but I'm going to hold off awhile.

Shhh! Rob might hear you!

He heard and he's not at all surprised.

Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:53 pm

KingElvis wrote:
frus75 wrote:please who's remastered it???


says:

compiled and mastered by jean-marc juilland
orginal album mastered/restored by vic anesini


Jean-Marc lives in Switzerland and he does GREAT work. He is the right guy for this job. He does splendid work and he would do even better if it wasn't for the pressure of time.

Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:32 pm

Thomas wrote:Jean-Marc lives in Switzerland and he does GREAT work.


Jean-Marc lives in Switzerland AND he does great work.

Re: COMPARISON

Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:57 pm

TONY wrote:Can anyone say wether the master take tracks are in as good and awesome sound quality as the Japanese 24bit remaster?


What Japanese 24bit remaster? To my knowledge this album was never released as a 24bit remaster.

Re: COMPARISON

Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:59 pm

thenexte wrote:
What Japanese 24bit remaster? To my knowledge this album was never released as a 24bit remaster.


Then you have missed an aural delight !!! :wink:

Re: COMPARISON

Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:49 pm

TONY wrote:Can anyone say wether the master take tracks are in as good and awesome sound quality as the Japanese 24bit remaster?


I have compared and sound on jap 20bit is better,I used headphones.
Still I like it very much.....same goes for "I Sing All Kinds"

Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:09 pm

I got my CDs today also, and Easy Come, Easy Go sounds great. As for I Sing All Kinds, Lene Reidel has done it again … just like she did on The Nashville Marathon. The Nashville 1971 material sounds great!

Haven’t listened to Raised on Rock yet, but it’s next.

Per

Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:33 pm

Please tell us the highlights so far!! :D

Sad there are no out takes from Raised On Rock. Is the tape realy lost?

Also: there was a nice version of 'Sweet Angeline' on the bootleg 'Songs To Sing'. That sounds undubbed, don't no if it is an alternate. But it would have fitted nice on this release.

Very anxious to get my hands on these releases! 8)