All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:13 am

Hi,

for fans in continental Europe, the cheapest price seems to be Amazon.co.uk :

22.89 ukp + 2.25 ukp postage to France (for example) = 25.14 ukp = 38 Euros

See You

Vince

Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:31 am

Does the book contain pictures of Elvis during the Tupelo performances or during his childhood in Tupelo or both?

Oh yes, it follows Elvis' time in Tupelo from when he was a child.
It even has the original 1945 photo of his 5th place at the Tupelo fair.
Absolutely amazing quality. (even a colourised version as well just for DJC!)

The main section is the 1956 photos many never previously released plus unknown candid photos taken by Elvis fans taht were there at the concert.
Not so many 1957 evening photos which is a shame (obviously because it was dark!).
There are a few red velvet shirt photos too & nice memorabilia of course.
Informed writing by Roy Turner - all in all great stuff.

I had very high expectations and I was still stunned at what an essential release it is (for anyone who likes 50s Elvis).

Everyone needs to buy it and with the book. It will be hard to beat this year.

Cheers
Piers

PS - I guess it depends if Ernst can get his SUN package out in 2007...

Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:33 am

It does give some hope that Pied Piper might yet be found.

Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:02 am

I'm looking forward to it :!: Despite the controversy, I couldn't help being impressed with MRS Vol. 1. I sat out Vol. 2 so far, as much because of the avalanche of material we all are shelling out for....

But this is going to be a priority right off the bat...

And, Piers, thanks for the enthusiasm, er, the review! Those '50s shows were wilder than we ever knew! :D

Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:30 am

KiwiAlan wrote:It does give some hope that Pied Piper might yet be found.


Yes, and when it comes to light, the owners will say:

"Well, nobody ever asked us for it before !"

Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:36 am

PiersEIN wrote:
Does the book contain pictures of Elvis during the Tupelo performances or during his childhood in Tupelo or both?

Oh yes, it follows Elvis' time in Tupelo from when he was a child.
It even has the original 1945 photo of his 5th place at the Tupelo fair.
Absolutely amazing quality. (even a colourised version as well just for DJC!)

The main section is the 1956 photos many never previously released plus unknown candid photos taken by Elvis fans taht were there at the concert.
Not so many 1957 evening photos which is a shame (obviously because it was dark!).
There are a few red velvet shirt photos too & nice memorabilia of course.
Informed writing by Roy Turner - all in all great stuff.

I had very high expectations and I was still stunned at what an essential release it is (for anyone who likes 50s Elvis).

Everyone needs to buy it and with the book. It will be hard to beat this year.

Cheers
Piers

PS - I guess it depends if Ernst can get his SUN package out in 2007...


Thanks!

ColinB wrote:"Well, nobody ever asked us for it before !"


Rather: I think we should be asked !

Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:32 pm

kuenzer wrote:
ColinB wrote:"Well, nobody ever asked us for it before !"


Rather: I think we should be asked !


LOL !!

Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:07 pm

Is this only available in Europe?

Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:24 pm

Hi,

the package is available from Amazon.co.uk to Canada for... 22.22 ukp !
I just cancelled my order to France of around 25 ukp and made a new one to have the package sended to my girlfriend in Canada...

I will confirm you after having received the bill... It seemed too good to be good... ^_^

See You

Vince

PS : 22.22 ukp = 46.50 cad = 33 euros = 44 usd

Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:31 am

For UK buyers, Woolworths are selling it online for £22.99 including free postage, this makes it cheaper than Amazon.

Sat Jun 09, 2007 4:51 am

Hi,

strangely when ordering on amazon.co.uk for domestic sales (to UK) or to Canada, the price is down to... 22.22 ukp...
I did not understand but i took that preorder. I will keep you informed if this is really that price or the 22.49 ukp price that is billed to me...

See You

Vince

Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:06 am

Vince wrote:Hi,

strangely when ordering on amazon.co.uk for domestic sales (to UK) or to Canada, the price is down to... 22.22 ukp...
I did not understand but i took that preorder. I will keep you informed if this is really that price or the 22.49 ukp price that is billed to me...

See You

Vince


Thanks Vince!

Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:23 am

For EIN's more detailed review of this great release:

http://www.elvisinfonet.com/book_dvd_review_tupelo2.html

Nigel
EIN

BOOK/DVD

Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:32 pm

Some fans recieved thier copies on friday (June 8th) from "Elvis.co.uk" and they say it's excellent.

Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:11 pm

I wonder if that other pro-shot Tupelo footage is archived away somewhere with complete songs & audio.

The gold jacket & black trousers bit we always see a few seconds of [silent].

Or are the owners of that sitting waiting for someone to 'ask' for it......

Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:51 pm

What was the last Elvis item that was sold out on the day it was issued?

Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:34 pm

I received my copy last saturday, and I live in Barcelona so they sent it some days before June 11.

Fantastic item, both the book and dvd. This is one of the best items I've seen in many time.

Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:01 pm

ColinB wrote:I wonder if that other pro-shot Tupelo footage is archived away somewhere with complete songs & audio.

The gold jacket & black trousers bit we always see a few seconds of [silent].

Or are the owners of that sitting waiting for someone to 'ask' for it......
I think it will be the same scenario as the 56 tupelo footage. :wink:

Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:29 pm

Can someone clarify something for me, I noticed on Elvisnews.com in the review they note: "Also irritating is the permanent colour logo of the MRS on the black and white footage."

Is there indeed a MRS logo pasted over the concert footage?

Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:30 am

Matthew wrote:Can someone clarify something for me, I noticed on Elvisnews.com in the review they note: "Also irritating is the permanent colour logo of the MRS on the black and white footage."

Is there indeed a MRS logo pasted over the concert footage?
From the clips i've seen yes there is.

Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:11 am

Here we go again. If this is true and the producers have put a logo over the footage..............stop. I will wait until I see it before I comment.

Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:18 am

ekenee wrote:Here we go again. If this is true and the producers have put a logo over the footage..............stop. I will wait until I see it before I comment.


Yes, they have - bottom right of screen.

Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:42 am

ColinB wrote:I wonder if that other pro-shot Tupelo footage is archived away somewhere with complete songs & audio.

The gold jacket & black trousers bit we always see a few seconds of [silent].

Or are the owners of that sitting waiting for someone to 'ask' for it......


This is kinda answered in the 'Tupelo' package.

They include this 1957 footage, and it's silent.

As complete as I've ever seen it, but doesn't seem to contain anything previously unreleased.

TUPELO

Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:44 pm

One long time fan I spoke to about this package, said there IS more of the '57 footage than seen previously!?

Re: TUPELO

Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:02 pm

TONY wrote:One long time fan I spoke to about this package, said there IS more of the '57 footage than seen previously!?


Well, yeah, there might be a few bits we never had before, but I recognised most of it.