All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:00 am

Daryl wrote:Indeed it is, doc.

The DVD of those 1956 live performances is likely going to make this the essential Elvis release of the year, unless RCA or EPE come up with a sequel to the Sullivan DVD. Very exciting.

Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:09 am

shanebrown wrote:And yes, spellbinder, there are grammar/spelling errors in my last post...but I don't care! Give yourself a sweet for everyone you find! :wink:

Shane...if You shut him up I will give you a gold star!!! :wink:

Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:09 am

Hello,

MRS' "Tupelo's Own Elvis Presley" should definitely be killer. But I also think the movies and the unreleased TTWII material will be great as well. I doubt that EPE will come up with a direct sequel to the Sullivan material however Elvisnews.com was reporting that there's another 2 hour televison special scheduled for ABC in September titled "Viva Las Vegas." I take it that the 2 CD set with the unreleased '69 show that got leaked by one of the other websites is sort of the "soundtrack" to that television special. Could be promising if there's more unreleased "TTWII" material included than the upcoming 2 DVD set. I would also expect to see some sort of preview of the "Elvis" themed Cirque de Soleil in Las Vegas in a few years.

http://www.elvisnews.com/Presentation/F ... &item=9199

Daryl

Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:30 am

shanebrown wrote:
Little Darlin wrote:
shanebrown wrote:And yes, spellbinder, there are grammar/spelling errors in my last post...but I don't care! Give yourself a sweet for everyone you find! :wink:

Shane...if You shut him up I will give you a gold star!!! :wink:

Ok, give yourself a gobstopper for every one you find. That should shut him up! lol

I'm not on about Spellbinder.....

Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:31 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:It's page five -- WGAS?
As long as we are there...only FTD title I wish was different is JRS! The Graceland Sessions would be fitting! and more respectful etc..EP never recorded in the "jungle room" but downstairs in his den,florida room,groundfloor basement etc..
Last edited by Juan Luis on Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:39 am

Hello,

Shane, the "I Found My Thrill" medley wasn't found in the main show, it was an extra song added to the CD. In fact the "I Found My Thrill" medley is a splice of several performances from February 1974. Go back to the list of several FTDs I posted earlier in this thread.

Daryl

Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:55 am

Daryl wrote:Hello,

Why do you try to either misquote me or twist my words?

Daryl

I thought it rather ironic that your actual sentence bears little relation to the evidence existing that indeed you do appear to enjoy complaining about Ernst and FTD - a simple forum such bears these results. So whilst an obvious mis-quote of your post, and lost on no one (well maybe one, kudos Spellbinder 8) ), only done to draw attention to this fact.

Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:06 am

Hello,

Matthew, next time please draw attention to the fact that you got one of the worst avatars on this messageboard.

Daryl

Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:15 pm

MRS' "Tupelo's Own Elvis Presley" should definitely be killer. But I also think the movies and the unreleased TTWII material will be great as well. I doubt that EPE will come up with a direct sequel to the Sullivan material however Elvisnews.com was reporting that there's another 2 hour televison special scheduled for ABC in September titled "Viva Las Vegas." I take it that the 2 CD set with the unreleased '69 show that got leaked by one of the other websites is sort of the "soundtrack" to that television special. Could be promising if there's more unreleased "TTWII" material included than the upcoming 2 DVD set. I would also expect to see some sort of preview of the "Elvis" themed Cirque de Soleil in Las Vegas in a few years.

http://www.elvisnews.com/Presentation/F ... &item=9199

Daryl

Thanks for the headsup Daryl, I for one am looking forward to this show!

Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:42 am

Matthew, next time please draw attention to the fact that you got one of the worst avatars on this messageboard.

Daryl

That cuts, but at least you said it to my face :wink: