All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Wed May 30, 2007 8:45 pm

Spellbinder wrote:We've had messages from 22 posters on this thread - 7 have included some elements of criticism.

Unbelievable!
8 I guess! :)

Wed May 30, 2007 8:47 pm

BIGREDG wrote:Image

+

“EASY COME, EASY GO” – single disc, featuring the newly discovered original stereo mixes.

Nice! Is this the official cover then?

JEFF d
EP fan

Wed May 30, 2007 8:49 pm

Juan Luis wrote:
Marko wrote:
Spellbinder wrote:Bosom of Abraham take 4
I've got confidence take 1
An evening prayer take 5
For lovin' me take 10
Early morning rain take 11
Fools rush in take 14
Help me make it through the night takes 6 & 7
It's still here takes 1, 2 & 3
I will be true take 1
Until it's time for you to go takes 5 & 6
It's only love take 7
I'm leavin' take 3
Love me, love the life I lead take 4
Padre take 2
Seeing is believing take 7
A thing called love take 1
Put your hand in the hand take 1
Johnny B Goode incomplete
I'll be home on Christmas Day take 3
Holly leaves and Christmas trees take 4
If I get home on Christmas Day take 1
I't won't seem like Christmas take 3
I'll be home on Christmas Day remake take 2

Thanks. Is there also a tracklist available for ROR deluxe?
There goes half of XMAS FTD people said there was no material for!

Don't worry they'll just use the same alternate takes on the Deluxe Xmas cd. :wink:

Wed May 30, 2007 8:51 pm

Is that the actual track listing? Where are the unedited jams of "Merry Christmas Baby" and "Don't think twice it's alright"?

Wed May 30, 2007 8:52 pm

This is the cover I was emailed from the big wholesaler IET.

Look at my super significant Number of Posts!! Special Commemorative Edition :wink:

Wed May 30, 2007 9:00 pm

BIGREDG wrote:This is the cover I was emailed from the big wholesaler IET.

Look at my super significant Number of Posts!! Special Commemorative Edition :wink:

Thanks for the cover. Too bad you can't post anymore if you want to keep that commemorative number. :lol:

Wed May 30, 2007 9:07 pm

Marko wrote:Too bad you can't post anymore if you want to keep that commemorative number. :lol:

Oh well, I quit the board!!

Wed May 30, 2007 9:09 pm

Damn, too late!!!

I guess I could keep deleting old postings :wink:

I was hoping my email would have the track list for ROR, but no such luck :cry:

Wed May 30, 2007 9:12 pm

thenexte wrote:Is that the actual track listing? Where are the unedited jams of "Merry Christmas Baby" and "Don't think twice it's alright"?
Somewhere in the Dominican Republic last time I heard! :lol:

Wed May 30, 2007 9:13 pm

thenexte wrote:Is that the actual track listing? Where are the unedited jams of "Merry Christmas Baby" and "Don't think twice it's alright"?

If they used those 2 it would have to be a 2 disc set!!!

Wed May 30, 2007 10:18 pm

And not to mention the mind-blowing "Amazing Grace" outtake from the 70's box set. They could have given this disc a more folk/blues feel, maybe ending with a couple of bluesy numbers (Merry Xmas Baby as the last track), some jam sessions stuck in the middle (Lady Madonna, Johnny B. Goode. Don't think twice), and all the folk/country stuff upfront. I guess we can always compile a two-disc set ourselves... ;-)

Wed May 30, 2007 10:29 pm

thenexte wrote:And not to mention the mind-blowing "Amazing Grace" outtake from the 70's box set. They could have given this disc a more folk/blues feel, maybe ending with a couple of bluesy numbers (Merry Xmas Baby as the last track), some jam sessions stuck in the middle (Lady Madonna, Johnny B. Goode. Don't think twice), and all the folk/country stuff upfront. I guess we can always compile a two-disc set ourselves... ;-)
You would be an asset at FTD.
Last edited by Juan Luis on Thu May 31, 2007 2:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed May 30, 2007 11:32 pm

Regarding why "this and this" is not on the up-coming Nashville 71 release. First of all, not everything can be on one CD. And second, there will also be the classic album releases so we will eventually get everything worth releasing from 71´ on these. Stuff like the undubbed version of Merry X-mas Baby will for sure be on the classic FTD release of Elvis 71' X-mas album. And rightfully so I might add.

Thu May 31, 2007 12:10 am

does anybody know if ROR is handled by Kevan or Sebastian?

Thu May 31, 2007 12:19 am

I am wodering what the EASY COME EASY GO tracklist will be...or how to extend 6 songs with limited known outtakes into a fully fledged album?

Personally I would rather see classic doubles of GI Blues or Blue Hawaii as far as soundtracks are concerned.

Thu May 31, 2007 12:27 am

KiwiAlan wrote:I am wodering what the EASY COME EASY GO tracklist will be...or how to extend 6 songs with limited known outtakes into a fully fledged album?

Personally I would rather see classic doubles of GI Blues or Blue Hawaii as far as soundtracks are concerned.

They managed it with Follow That Dream and Kid Galahad. Must have a lot of outtakes ...

Thu May 31, 2007 12:32 am

Mike DK wrote:Regarding why "this and this" is not on the up-coming Nashville 71 release. First of all, not everything can be on one CD. And second, there will also be the classic album releases so we will eventually get everything worth releasing from 71´ on these. Stuff like the undubbed version of Merry X-mas Baby will for sure be on the classic FTD release of Elvis 71' X-mas album. And rightfully so I might add.

By that logic I don't know why they still continue to release these single-disc outtake compilations if all the outtakes eventually end up on deluxe editions anyways as complete or near-complete sessions? From the other comments made by FTD it appears this release will probably be the last outtake compilation of this kind and they'll focus their efforts more on the deluxe editions going forward.

Obviously FTD's mission has changed over the years and with the general public having lost interest in the album format (in the U.S. alone CD sales are down 20% this year) back catalog reissues have now been entirely relegated to the FTD label rather than the main label, so I guess it makes sense for them to re-release these albums with whatever outtakes are available from these sessions.

Considering the dire state the music industry is currently in, we should probably be thankful to still have an outlet like this! I don't see that many other legacy artists that get this type of treatment from their record companies. I guess it's us fans who keep the legacy alive by supporting the FTD label. So thanks Ernst for a great job and the foresight of creating the label in the first place.

Thu May 31, 2007 12:34 am

KiwiAlan wrote:I am wodering what the EASY COME EASY GO tracklist will be...or how to extend 6 songs with limited known outtakes into a fully fledged album?

ahhhh i don't have any Easy Come, Easy Go so im jazzed about this! so pipe down! :lol: :wink:

Thu May 31, 2007 12:41 am

thenexte wrote:
Considering the dire state the music industry is currently in, we should probably be thankful to still have an outlet like this! I don't see that many other legacy artists that get this type of treatment from their record companies. I guess it's us fans who keep the legacy alive by supporting the FTD label. So thanks Ernst for a great job and the foresight of creating the label in the first place.

Well said....agree 100%

Thu May 31, 2007 12:43 am

Easy Come:

Maybe they will have the stereo and mono masters + a few outtakes.

Or hopefully they have a stack of outtakes :D

Thu May 31, 2007 1:08 am

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

Thank you mr.Ernst Jorgensen and Roger Semon for the Nashville 1971 release 8). We have been asking for this release for the last two years, really a dream came true. These July releases are outstanding and personally I can´t wait for the Easy Come, Easy Go cd. Bye for now :wink:.

Mike Windgren.

Viva el vino, viva el dinero, viva, viva el amor!!.

Thu May 31, 2007 1:23 am

Has anybody noticed the great juxtaposition of these covers?

ImageImage

I would assume both are shots from November 14, 1970 (8:30 pm) Los Angeles, CA.

http://www.elvisconcerts.com/pictures/c701114.htm

Thu May 31, 2007 1:52 am

I am looking forward to the Easy Come Easy Go disc. My only hope is that the disc begins with the oft-cited quote Elvis supposedly said at the sessions, "What are you supposed to do with sh-- like this?" That would make it the perfect soundtrack CD for me.

Thu May 31, 2007 1:56 am

thenexte wrote:Has anybody noticed the great juxtaposition of these covers?

ImageImage

I would assume both are shots from November 14, 1970 (8:30 pm) Los Angeles, CA.

http://www.elvisconcerts.com/pictures/c701114.htm

Yes, I did!! That camden album was always one of my favorite covers also!

JEFF d
EP fan

Thu May 31, 2007 1:58 am

ronnyg wrote:I am looking forward to the Easy Come Easy Go disc. My only hope is that the disc begins with the oft-cited quote Elvis supposedly said at the sessions, "What are you supposed to do with sh-- like this?" That would make it the perfect soundtrack CD for me.

I'm with Elvis on his quote... God Bless him though he gave it his all... but its still one of not only the worse song wise soundracks but it is also recorded very badly on a LA soundstage.

JEFF d
EP fan