All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Wed May 30, 2007 2:43 pm

Glad to see we'll be getting a "real" release of the Christmas outtake that TV Guide bungled on its CD-ROM last year.

Wed May 30, 2007 3:18 pm

Nashville '71 and Raised On Rock..great !!! Of course I will skipp Easy Come, Easy Go. Raised On Rock could be surprisingly good !

Wed May 30, 2007 3:25 pm

Spellbinder wrote:Bosom of Abraham take 4
I've got confidence take 1
An evening prayer take 5
For lovin' me take 10
Early morning rain take 11
Fools rush in take 14
Help me make it through the night takes 6 & 7
It's still here takes 1, 2 & 3
I will be true take 1
Until it's time for you to go takes 5 & 6
It's only love take 7
I'm leavin' take 3
Love me, love the life I lead take 4
Padre take 2
Seeing is believing take 7
A thing called love take 1
Put your hand in the hand take 1
Johnny B Goode incomplete
I'll be home on Christmas Day take 3
Holly leaves and Christmas trees take 4
If I get home on Christmas Day take 1
I't won't seem like Christmas take 3
I'll be home on Christmas Day remake take 2

Thanks. Is there also a tracklist available for ROR deluxe?

Wed May 30, 2007 3:28 pm

Wow this is a great tracklist - Can't take much more excitement today - I am gonna have to "Log Off" :wink:

Wed May 30, 2007 3:33 pm

Love me, love the life I lead take 4...looking forward to that one especially..great song !

Wed May 30, 2007 4:03 pm

This is great news :D

Any information on who has done the mastering, especially on the Raised on Rock release ?

Wed May 30, 2007 4:29 pm

Great news ... but I would be happier if they kept the focus of the '71 set primarily on the secular material. What about outtakes of The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face; We Can Make The Morning; My Way; I'll Take You Home Again Kathleen and the complete Don't Think Twice, It's Alright?

I'm not b*tchin' - just asking.

Wed May 30, 2007 4:58 pm

Wot no Tahoe 71 Soundboard!?!? lol

Wed May 30, 2007 5:03 pm

We've had messages from 22 posters on this thread - 7 have included some elements of criticism.

Unbelievable!

Wed May 30, 2007 5:22 pm

In my opinion, this board exists to exchange ideas, seek information and, yes, be constructively critical at times. That said, I'll buy all three July FTD releases. Having a soft spot for Elvis' Christmas music, I'm thrilled to see "It Won't Seem Like Christmas, Take 3," which TV Guide botched last year.

Good job FTD!

Mystery Train

Wed May 30, 2007 5:37 pm

awsome news!
The less than good dvd news from earlier is suddenly forgotten :lol:

Wed May 30, 2007 5:53 pm

Great news !! I'm wainting for ROR and Nashville 71 ! Congratulations FTD !! Wow !!

Wed May 30, 2007 5:59 pm

Pete Dube wrote:

What about outtakes of The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face; We Can Make The Morning; My Way; I'll Take You Home Again Kathleen and the complete Don't Think Twice, It's Alright?

As far as i know outtakes are not exist for We Can Make The Morning; My Way and I'll Take You Home Again Kathleen. Take 1 is the master in every case.

Wed May 30, 2007 6:04 pm

TJ wrote:Never quite understood the clamour for Nashville 71. Nashville Marathon is one of the very finest FTDs, but that's because the songs and performances were of such good quality. By comparison, with few exceptions, Nashville 71 featured weak material and an uninspired Elvis. Or am I missing something?

Only perhaps, the CD in question containing the outakes on which to base your conclusion.

On another level: Would you like to have been present when these songs were recorded?....If so, this will be the next best thing to being there.

Surely it stands to reason that any true fan will appreciate and enjoy this material....even if your favourite songs are not included on this particular release.

Wed May 30, 2007 6:23 pm

I, for one, am looking forward to Easy Come Easy Go as well as the other two...perhaps it's the first time we get these tracks in great sound quality, not to mention outtakes that could be pretty funny...

Axe

Wed May 30, 2007 6:31 pm

Anyone got the tracklisting for ROR yet? can't wait to see it!!!!!

Easy Come Easy Go is a MUCH more acceptable release now that it is alongside these other 2 fantastic exciting releases :lol:

Cool!

Wed May 30, 2007 7:29 pm

I've told the wife not to expect any food in the house over the next few months...to many goodies of Elvis coming out lol..I will be buying these three babies for starters.Bring them on ...........well done Elvis the man and the music mag gettin these details first ..............great mag.

Wed May 30, 2007 7:37 pm

Great news, but not for the wife, the money I was going to spend taking her out for a meal will now go on these babies :lol:

Wed May 30, 2007 8:02 pm

Thank you so much for the info!! I am so looking forward to Nashville '71 and ROR!!! :D

JEFF d
EP fan

Wed May 30, 2007 8:12 pm

Mike S wrote:
TJ wrote:Never quite understood the clamour for Nashville 71. Nashville Marathon is one of the very finest FTDs, but that's because the songs and performances were of such good quality. By comparison, with few exceptions, Nashville 71 featured weak material and an uninspired Elvis. Or am I missing something?

Only perhaps, the CD in question containing the outakes on which to base your conclusion.

On another level: Would you like to have been present when these songs were recorded?....If so, this will be the next best thing to being there.

Surely it stands to reason that any true fan will appreciate and enjoy this material....even if your favourite songs are not included on this particular release.

I'm not saying it's going to be worthless and yes of course I'd like to have been there at any session. My point was that ever since Nashville Marathon, the prospect of Nashville 71 has been spoken about by many as if it's potentially one of the finest CDs FTD could release. Looking at the songs recorded and considering how Elvis was generally in less than inspired mood, I've just never understood why it's singled out like that.

Wed May 30, 2007 8:18 pm

Amazing that we beat both Elvis News and the EIN site with the announcement of these FTD titles.

However, EIN are none too happy about this situation:

From EIN:
If this information is correct, it raises a serious issue.... serious questions need to be asked about FTD's apparently inequitable information dissemination strategy! (News, Source: FECC/ Elvis The Man & His Music)

Wed May 30, 2007 8:26 pm

TJ wrote:
Nashville 71 has been spoken about by many as if it's potentially one of the finest CDs FTD could release. Looking at the songs recorded and considering how Elvis was generally in less than inspired mood, I've just never understood why it's singled out like that.

Each to his own---certainly Elvis was in great voice at this time--isn't that enough?

Wed May 30, 2007 8:30 pm

+

“EASY COME, EASY GO” – single disc, featuring the newly discovered original stereo mixes.

Wed May 30, 2007 8:41 pm

If you are gonna listen to crap...might as well sound good! :lol:

Wed May 30, 2007 8:43 pm

Marko wrote:
Spellbinder wrote:Bosom of Abraham take 4
I've got confidence take 1
An evening prayer take 5
For lovin' me take 10
Early morning rain take 11
Fools rush in take 14
Help me make it through the night takes 6 & 7
It's still here takes 1, 2 & 3
I will be true take 1
Until it's time for you to go takes 5 & 6
It's only love take 7
I'm leavin' take 3
Love me, love the life I lead take 4
Padre take 2
Seeing is believing take 7
A thing called love take 1
Put your hand in the hand take 1
Johnny B Goode incomplete
I'll be home on Christmas Day take 3
Holly leaves and Christmas trees take 4
If I get home on Christmas Day take 1
I't won't seem like Christmas take 3
I'll be home on Christmas Day remake take 2

Thanks. Is there also a tracklist available for ROR deluxe?
There goes half of XMAS FTD people said there was no material for!