All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Thu May 31, 2007 5:03 pm

Keith Richards, Jr. wrote:
Seriously, you are 100% correct. Some fans don't seem to know how incredibly lucky we are. In fact, I am surprised that FTD is still alive. Most major record companies couldn't care less about these kind of releases. We should be grateful not only to Ernst and Roger, but to the their bosses as well.

Keith Richards, Jr.

That is way off. Most record companies recognize that the real value of their assets -- they are 1) Publishing and 2) catalogue. Labels know the current model is on the way out as they desperately hold on to it for dear life. But Sony Legacy, Rhino Handmade, Hip-O Select, Universal's Deluxe Edition series are in place for catalogue releases. BMG/Sony has one of Rock's greatest catalogues in Elvis Presley. While BMG's release philosophy of hits packages and compilations for the mainstream market remains in place, they also know there are loads of hardcore fans that are willing to pay for catalogue releases. They continue to service these market needs through FTD. FTD makes some money and that is good enough for Sony/BMG. It isn't some miracle that the label continues to thrive....

Thu May 31, 2007 5:58 pm

midnightx wrote:
Keith Richards, Jr. wrote: FTD makes some money and that is good enough for Sony/BMG. It isn't some miracle that the label continues to thrive....
Some people make it seem as if we are getting charity!

Thu May 31, 2007 6:04 pm

midnightx wrote:
Keith Richards, Jr. wrote:
Seriously, you are 100% correct. Some fans don't seem to know how incredibly lucky we are. In fact, I am surprised that FTD is still alive. Most major record companies couldn't care less about these kind of releases. We should be grateful not only to Ernst and Roger, but to the their bosses as well.

Keith Richards, Jr.

That is way off. Most record companies recognize that the real value of their assets -- they are 1) Publishing and 2) catalogue. Labels know the current model is on the way out as they desperately hold on to it for dear life. But Sony Legacy, Rhino Handmade, Hip-O Select, Universal's Deluxe Edition series are in place for catalogue releases. BMG/Sony has one of Rock's greatest catalogues in Elvis Presley. While BMG's release philosophy of hits packages and compilations for the mainstream market remains in place, they also know there are loads of hardcore fans that are willing to pay for catalogue releases. They continue to service these market needs through FTD. FTD makes some money and that is good enough for Sony/BMG. It isn't some miracle that the label continues to thrive....

Yet it is. Trust me, I have friends in this business... :D

Keith Richards, Jr.

Thu May 31, 2007 6:26 pm

Juan Luis wrote:
midnightx wrote: FTD makes some money and that is good enough for Sony/BMG. It isn't some miracle that the label continues to thrive....
Some people make it seem as if we are getting charity!

I know FTD isn't a charity thing, but it isn't some multi million dollar success with 197 employees either. I am going to stay thankful to Ernst and his team -- no matter how stupid it makes me look -- because they obviously care about THE MUSIC. It's not 100% about money, and that makes me feel good. Maybe there's still hope for mankind after all...

Let me put it this way:

No Ernst => no FTD label => :smt022

Keith Richards, Jr.

Thu May 31, 2007 6:38 pm

you people who criticize FTD are rediculous! I assure you, no other artist' fans get spoiled with such a bountiful supply of riches as we do. Sometimes I can't believe how much stuff we get and have the opportunity to purchase. I mean it really is stunning.

Thu May 31, 2007 6:46 pm

Kylan wrote:you people who criticize FTD are rediculous! I assure you, no other artist' fans get spoiled with such a bountiful supply of riches as we do. Sometimes I can't believe how much stuff we get and have the opportunity to purchase. I mean it really is stunning.

Yeah, just ask fans of Jerry Lee Lewis, Charlie Rich, Suede, Whisperin' Bill Anderson, Jesus And Mary Chain, Wanda Jackson, Webb Pierce, Laura Lee, Ben E King, Willy DeVille, George Jones and about one million other legendary artists...

Keith Richards, Jr.

Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:02 am

don't stick with double features of easy come easy go,orignal stereo mixes aren't on that they are remixes.plus unreleased alt tks are gonna be on the easy come easy go.

Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:42 am

ritchie valens wrote:don't stick with double features of easy come easy go,orignal stereo mixes aren't on that they are remixes.plus unreleased alt tks are gonna be on the easy come easy go.

But the unreleased alt tks are going to be dubbed for the ones not there and alternate will be to. If we take unreleased alt tks and not go to be easycomeeasygo for the one time.

Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:50 am

if easy come easy go was released on a mono EP in 1967, does it means at the same time the stereo mixes were made just in case they were needed?

Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:54 pm

The "Easy Come, Easy Go" soundtrack was released on LP in STEREO in New Zealand and Australia (with "bonus" tracks); thus, stereo masters had to be prepared then. Perhaps the stereo masters were found "Down Under"?

Also, the song "Viva Las Vegas" was released in STEREO in Australia on an EP titled "See the U.S.A. the Elvis Way" long before it was released in STEREO anywhere else. The EP was a take off on the Chevrolet commerial "See the U.S.A. in a Chevrolet."

Mystery Train
Last edited by MysteryTrain on Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:59 pm

MysteryTrain, I own an original Australian stereo LP of 'Easy Come, Easy Go'! I've never played it :lol:!