All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

July FTD Releases CONFIRMED

Wed May 30, 2007 11:10 am

Just got the June edition of The Man And His Music where they advertise three FTD titles for July release:

I Sing All Kinds: (Nashville '71)
Raised On Rock
Easy Come Easy Go......both of these last in the Deluxe 7'' format.

Great news indeed and you heard it here first!

Wed May 30, 2007 11:12 am

FANTASTIC. Thank You.

Wed May 30, 2007 11:15 am

Nashville 71? That's fantastic news - i'm sure there'll be lots of people really pleased with this news.

Raised On Rock might be a good one too, depending on quality, and which outtakes are on there. Although some of the material is sub par, as were Elvis's performances in some cases, but it'll be interesting to hear.

As for Easy Come Easy Go, I'll probably stick with my doubles features soundtracks for the time being. Shelling out £15 for the soundtracks isn't a priority for the time being, when the double features are out there for £4 each.

Re: July FTD Releases CONFIRMED

Wed May 30, 2007 11:17 am

[quote="Mike S"]Just got the June edition of The Man And His Music where they advertise three FTD titles for July release:
Raised On Rock ...............................That will be something!

Wed May 30, 2007 11:19 am

DarrylMac wrote:Raised On Rock might be a good one too, depending on quality, and which outtakes are on there. Although some of the material is sub par, as were Elvis's performances in some cases, but it'll be interesting to hear.

Which is the same as was said for "The Jungle Room Sessions" when it first was announced. It has been the top selling FTD for years now.

Wed May 30, 2007 11:23 am

"Raised On Rock" is a double CD.

Wed May 30, 2007 11:25 am

Rob - you're absolutely right. I think it could surpise a few people.

Wed May 30, 2007 11:58 am

Oh Boy Oh Boy - THAT IS WHAT I AM TALKIN' 'BOUT :D :D :D :D

:smt023 :smt040 :smt041

Wed May 30, 2007 12:00 pm

Thanks Mike!

"Raised On Rock" is an underrated album. I like that LP a lot. I wonder if this new deluxe CD will have outtakes of "Sweet Angeline" on it? I remember an old article in The Man And His Music where Ger Rijff said he and Ernst had found outtakes of this particular song (they were searching the vaults in Indianapolis together), but as far as I know, they have never been released. I love that song. One of the most beautiful ballads Elvis ever recorded.

I'm gonna buy all three releases this time!

Keith Richards, Jr.

Wed May 30, 2007 12:04 pm

Well,i'm not disappointed,but i expected a little more special. I like both Raised On Rock and Easy Come Easy Go but considering that now is the 30 th anniversary,i expected something more special in this july.
The Nashville '71 CD will be fantastic,but probably i won't buy that because they will re-release those outtakes on the deluxe editions of albums like Elvis Now and Fool.
Let's hope that Raised On Rock will be a double CD. There aren't too many outtakes after all,because many of the outtakes are just short fals starts or incomplete takes. For example,I've Got A Thing About You Baby was recorded in 15 takes,but only 5 takes are complete (including the master). I'd like to hear those instrumental tracks (Color My Rainbow, The Wonders You Perform,Good Bad But Beautiful) but i doubt that they will release them.
However,i will like these FTD's. Keep them coming!

Wed May 30, 2007 12:07 pm

Fantastic! Thank you FTD! :D

I've been silently praying for Nashville 71 ever since Nashville Marathon. For me this is the best or most anticipated FTD release in 5 years, truly awesome!

It's also great they stick with studio outtakes this time around, nothing against soundboards but this is a welcomed change in agenda.

Wed May 30, 2007 12:10 pm

Johanesson wrote:Let's hope that Raised On Rock will be a double CD. There aren't too many outtakes after all,because many of the outtakes are just short fals starts or incomplete takes. For example,I've Got A Thing About You Baby was recorded in 15 takes,but only 5 takes are complete (including the master). I'd like to hear those instrumental tracks (Color My Rainbow, The Wonders You Perform,Good Bad But Beautiful) but i doubt that they will release them.
!

In one interview Ernst said there are no plans to release those instrumentals, but that was few years ago and this might be the perfect opportunity to include those. I personally would love to hear em.

Wed May 30, 2007 12:16 pm

GREAT news about the '71 CD. It will be good to hear alternate versions of "I'm leavin'" and "Love me, love the life I lead". It looks like the x rated alternate version of "Winter wonderland" isn't included. The title of the CD is "I sing all kinds" which is much better than the usual song title they give them. Looking forward to all three releases and an overdraft!!!

Re: 71

Wed May 30, 2007 12:22 pm

TONY wrote: and an overdraft!!!

Tony, fork the overdraft :lol:!

Wed May 30, 2007 12:25 pm

Johanesson wrote:
i expected something more special in this july.

First negative comment received 10 posts in and within an hour....is this a record?

The Nashville '71 CD will be fantastic,but probably i won't buy that because they will re-release those outtakes on the deluxe editions of albums like Elvis Now and Fool.

How do you know these albums will get the deluxe 7'' treatment as they were largely made up of leftover material.

Let's hope that Raised On Rock will be a double CD

It is, as Spellbinder has previously advised.

Wed May 30, 2007 12:30 pm

To NOT be excited about Nashville 1971 finally about to be released is unthinkable for me as this has been my number 1 FTD request from day one. Let's see what the track-list will be.

Like i said i have a feeling this will be one of their greatest releases ever.
Just a personal opinion, mind. 8)

Wed May 30, 2007 12:46 pm

VOC wrote:To NOT be excited about Nashville 1971 finally about to be released is unthinkable for me as this has been my number 1 FTD request from day one. Let's see what the track-list will be.

I hope you get your wish..and then some.

Wed May 30, 2007 12:53 pm

VOC wrote:
In one interview Ernst said there are no plans to release those instrumentals, but that was few years ago and this might be the perfect opportunity to include those. I personally would love to hear em.

Yeah,that interview was 9 years ago so hopefully he has changed his mind since then. Otherwise,where are the outtakes of Raised On Rock? Were those outtakes lost or erased?

Wed May 30, 2007 1:08 pm

VOC wrote:To NOT be excited about Nashville 1971 finally about to be released is unthinkable for me as this has been my number 1 FTD request from day one. Let's see what the track-list will be.

Bosom of Abraham take 4
I've got confidence take 1
An evening prayer take 5
For lovin' me take 10
Early morning rain take 11
Fools rush in take 14
Help me make it through the night takes 6 & 7
It's still here takes 1, 2 & 3
I will be true take 1
Until it's time for you to go takes 5 & 6
It's only love take 7
I'm leavin' take 3
Love me, love the life I lead take 4
Padre take 2
Seeing is believing take 7
A thing called love take 1
Put your hand in the hand take 1
Johnny B Goode incomplete
I'll be home on Christmas Day take 3
Holly leaves and Christmas trees take 4
If I get home on Christmas Day take 1
I't won't seem like Christmas take 3
I'll be home on Christmas Day remake take 2

Wed May 30, 2007 2:00 pm

Great news. All upcoming FTD´s will be welcome.

Wed May 30, 2007 2:09 pm

Spellbinder wrote:

Bosom of Abraham take 4
I've got confidence take 1
An evening prayer take 5
For lovin' me take 10
Early morning rain take 11
Fools rush in take 14
Help me make it through the night takes 6 & 7
It's still here takes 1, 2 & 3
I will be true take 1
Until it's time for you to go takes 5 & 6
It's only love take 7
I'm leavin' take 3
Love me, love the life I lead take 4
Padre take 2
Seeing is believing take 7
A thing called love take 1
Put your hand in the hand take 1
Johnny B Goode incomplete
I'll be home on Christmas Day take 3
Holly leaves and Christmas trees take 4
If I get home on Christmas Day take 1
I't won't seem like Christmas take 3
I'll be home on Christmas Day remake take 2

That looks really interesting, is that a final, confirmed track-listing??

I didn't even know there are multiple takes available of "It's Still Here " and "I Will Be True" - thought those were one-off performances..wow my interest got up one notch more - if possible! :wink:

Wed May 30, 2007 2:18 pm

For lovin' me take 10

Didn't we get this one on Today, Tomorrow and Forever?

Wed May 30, 2007 2:18 pm

Never quite understood the clamour for Nashville 71. Nashville Marathon is one of the very finest FTDs, but that's because the songs and performances were of such good quality. By comparison, with few exceptions, Nashville 71 featured weak material and an uninspired Elvis. Or am I missing something?

Re: July FTD Releases CONFIRMED

Wed May 30, 2007 2:25 pm

Mike S wrote:Just got the June edition of The Man And His Music where they advertise three FTD titles for July release:

I Sing All Kinds: (Nashville '71)
Raised On Rock
Easy Come Easy Go......both of these last in the Deluxe 7'' format.

Great news indeed and you heard it here first!

Cool thanks for the info Mike S :wink:

PEP 8)

Wed May 30, 2007 2:28 pm

BRAVO

:smt038

Wow - very exciting indeed. Not only did we get the Feb '72 Vegas FTD this year, NOW we're also finally getting the Nashvile '71 FTD!

VOC wrote:I didn't even know there are multiple takes available of "It's Still Here " and "I Will Be True" - thought those were one-off performances..wow my interest got up one notch more - if possible! :wink:

I didn't know this either - this is definately a surprise to me.

There's one track missing on this that I was hoping would be included (that runs 10+ minutes) :wink:

Raised On Rock is another release I was really looking forward to. I can't wait to hear more unreleased material from these sessions.

Thank You Ernst

This is Christmas in July :smt111

Rich

(p.s. - and yes I'll be buying "Easy Come, Easy Go", too :-) )