Walk A Mile In My Shoes;
I've Lost You;
Sweet Caroline;
Little Sister;
Stranger In The Crowd;
Party Sequence

Mystery Train

Sun May 20, 2007 5:02 am

Guess they couldnt get clearence for Are You Lonesome Tonight.

Sun May 20, 2007 5:04 am

Is the 'eating burgers' running at normal speed?

Sun May 20, 2007 5:27 am

Hello,

It would seem that they knocked off from the original hour the alternate "Mystery Train/Tiger Man" performance as well as the four Beatles songs ("Something", "Yesterday", "Hey Jude" and the "Get Back" portion of the alternate "Little Sister/Get Back" medley. I am glad that I will finally get to see the opening night version of "You Don't Have To Say You Love Me" in all it's glory. I do wish we would have gotten "Bridge Over Troubled Water" from the original film in 5.1 as well.

Daryl

Re: Bonus Tracks TTWII (Deluxe Edition)

Sun May 20, 2007 10:42 am

MysteryTrain wrote:From "Elvis World Japan" here are the bonus tracks on TTWII (Deluxe Edition):

(Never-before Seen Outtakes) 47 min.

You Don't Have To Say You Love Me;
Eating Burgers;
Cattle Call;
Baby Let's Play House;
Don't;
Farther Along;
Oh Happy Day;
I Just Can't Help Believin';
Walk A Mile In My Shoes;
I've Lost You;
Sweet Caroline;
Little Sister;
Stranger In The Crowd;
Party Sequence

Mystery Train

this looks more and more like a crap release to me....a lot of missing songs that should have been included.
Sorry but I cant get exited about this upcoming release.
Little sister without get back part sounds stupid.....it cant be true.
It has to be a printing error :roll:

Sun May 20, 2007 11:05 am

Last edited by Steve_M on Sun May 20, 2007 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun May 20, 2007 11:05 am

Wow, so they haven't moved their asses. They just throw the songs in planned for the 2001 release :roll:

Sun May 20, 2007 11:17 am

Spanish_Eyes wrote:Wow, so they haven't moved their asses. They just throw the songs in planned for the 2001 release :roll:

well if they had done that I would be a lot more happier.....It would have been great getting yesterday,something etc for the first time officially......im sure the next generation will get them eventually :evil:

Sun May 20, 2007 1:26 pm

Unreleased:

Cattle Call;
Baby Let's Play House;
Don't;

If these are the same as on the "Lost Performances" video then they are not unreleased.

I Just Can't Help Believin';
I've Lost You;
Sweet Caroline;

Are these from the original movie or alternate versions?

Surely they must be alternate versions because the originals will be in the original movie.

I'm not too excited about this release. I will most likely buy it, though it's not one that I just "can't wait to get".

RKS

Sun May 20, 2007 2:03 pm

Everyone is complaining but i think we all missing the big picture.

I mean, of course it will be great to have the material we know is avaliable but its still nice to have.

I actually thought Warner were not gonna do anything remotely like this.

So im pleased with this release.

Sun May 20, 2007 5:56 pm

So a 5.1 of "Bridge Over Trouble Water" is not in the 2001 edit or extras on this new set?

Amazing. What were the producers thinking. Elvis really nails the song during this Aug. 70 engagement.

The producers include footage of Elvis eating burgers, but no Bridge?

Sun May 20, 2007 6:04 pm

Hey Monkboughtlunch dont you now that Elvis is way off key on bridge
just ask schmidlin :wink:

what I really want to now is the eating burgers sequence in
2453649575635.1 sound?

Sun May 20, 2007 6:47 pm

Some comments / observations / questions:

At 47 minutes, that means nearly 3 minutes per song / sequence.

Yes, it is curious that the 4 Beatles' songs were eliminated. When exactly were "Yesterday" and "Hey Jude" performed in August 1970? I assume these were performed during the rehearsals?

The version of "Little Sister" without "Get Back" is likely the version that was available on the TCM webside when the special edition was released. It didn't have "Get Back" then either, I don't believe.

When the special edition was released it was discovered that footage of "Are You Lonesome Tonight" could not be released on the DVD. It was shown at the premier of the special edition in Memphis, but replaced with the party sequence on the DVD. I don't think there are release issues any more, but it looks like Warner just opted for an edited version of what was planned as bonus material on the special edition DVD.

It is a shame "Bridge Over Troubled Water" is missing; however, it is available in 5.1 surround sound on Graceland's "The Ultimate Film Performances."

If I'm correct, "One Night" and "Suspicious Minds" used in the special edition were alternate performances from the versions used in the original release. It would be nice to have these in 5.1 surround sound someday.

Many of the performances for August 1970 are only available on "The Lost Performances."

Mystery Train

Sun May 20, 2007 6:57 pm

Speaking of the "Lost Performances", it would be nice to have it on DVD with remastered sound and video. Is the "Little Sister" the one with EP sitting down on stage with guitar?

Sun May 20, 2007 8:36 pm

Was Lost Performances ever issued on DVD? Why didn't they just add it as bonus tracks to this so-called Deluxe Edition.

What about Make The World Go Away? Is that going to be included in this new set?

Sun May 20, 2007 8:43 pm

R.R.D wrote:Hey Monkboughtlunch dont you now that Elvis is way off key on bridge
just ask schmidlin :wink:

what I really want to now is the eating burgers sequence in
2453649575635.1 sound?

Wow. Did the producer of the 2001 edit really think that Bridge was off key and expunge it, and at the same time include ridiculous burger eating footage that offers Elvis up for needless ridicule considering his later weight problem? What a moron.

Listen to the emotion Elvis puts into this song during Aug. 70 shows. For example on the Aug. 12 version he screams "Yeah Baby" at the end of the song shows his absolute commitment and how much he loves the song.

Sun May 20, 2007 8:47 pm

There are several songs on "Lost Performances" that will not be on TTWII (Deluxe Edition) including:

Don't Cry Daddy;
Make The World Go Away;
Twenty Days & Twenty Nights and
There Goes My Everything.

Also, I believe there are some alternate versions on "Lost Performances" like "Love Me."

Mystery Train

CLEARANCE

Sun May 20, 2007 9:26 pm

Looks like they "can't get clearance" on any of the Beatles-penned numbers!?

Re: CLEARANCE

Sun May 20, 2007 9:29 pm

Last edited by Steve_M on Sun May 27, 2007 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun May 20, 2007 9:54 pm

Daryl wrote:Hello,

It would seem that they knocked off from the original hour the alternate "Mystery Train/Tiger Man" performance as well as the four Beatles songs ("Something", "Yesterday", "Hey Jude" and the "Get Back" portion of the alternate "Little Sister/Get Back" medley.

Daryl

THAT'S WHY!!!!???

Sun May 20, 2007 9:59 pm

Last edited by Steve_M on Sun May 27, 2007 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun May 20, 2007 10:01 pm

Does anybody really know for sure what's going to be bonus on these releases?
Maybe it would be a good idea to save some moaning till we can explore what's really on there? Content, picture quality and sound??

Mon May 21, 2007 12:32 am

[quote="monkboughtlunch"]
Wow. Did the producer of the 2001 edit really think that Bridge was off key and expunge it, and at the same time include ridiculous burger eating footage that offers Elvis up for needless ridicule considering his later weight problem? What a moron.

(YEP something like that :roll: )

Listen to the emotion Elvis puts into this song during Aug. 70 shows. For example on the Aug. 12 version he screams "Yeah Baby" at the end of the song shows his absolute commitment and how much he loves the song.[/quote]

Yeah its a great version pure gospel/soul from start to finish

Mon May 21, 2007 12:47 am

Shocking. All these complaints for material you want yet because its not packed to the rafters its not worth getting excited about?

Please.

Mon May 21, 2007 12:53 am

Last edited by Steve_M on Sun May 27, 2007 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.