Official Announcement: Warner and Paramount DVDs

All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
MysteryTrain
Registered for: 21 years

Official Announcement: Warner and Paramount DVDs

Post by MysteryTrain »

EPE just announced the Warner and Paramount DVD releases for August 7, 2007. Go to: http://www.elvis.com/news/full_story.asp?id=1245

Mystery Train

TJ
Registered for: 19 years 10 months

Post by TJ »

A couple of things that caught my attention....

The TTWII 2 disc set includes both versions of the film, but on the disc with the original there will also be "Twelve never-before seen outtake song/nonmusical sequences"

Kissin' Cousins is a "New digital transfer of complete original theatrical version with Smokey Mountain Boy song sequence now back in the film."

TJ

Post by TJ »

woodleyjohn wrote:Superb. This will just about complete the collection. The only one missing in R2 is Follow That Dream.
Just looking and it says nothing about a Region 2 release. Fingers crossed there will be.

Elvis' Babe
Registered for: 20 years
Mood:

Post by Elvis' Babe »

wow. dominic the impotent bull has been renamed "dominique". it's a french cow now, apparently. lol

otherwise, can't wait to get live a little, stay away and charro.

even though i really want the original ttwii, i'm almost tempted to wait for mgm to wizen up and give us completist sets of ttwii and eot. even if it doesn't happen until i'm a grandma.

is the extended jailhouse rock whipping going to be restored? they mentioned a few songs being restored in kissin' cousins and girl happy, but not the whipping.

though, i am guessing charro probably won't ever get the nude scene reedited into it, or even as an easter egg. :lol:

"Thank you very much. Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. Welcome to the big, freaky International Hotel. Those little weirdo dolls on the walls. And those little funky angels on the ceiling. Uh, this is my first live appearance in 9 years. H-uhh! Thank you. I've appeared dead a few times, but this is my first live appearance. Before the evening is up, I will have made a complete and total fool of myself, and I hope you get a kick out of watching it." --EP

omnipresence
Registered for: 16 years 11 months

Post by omnipresence »

I'm happy with this news, but at the same time, dissapointed that Elvis On Tour isnt being released. There's always next year.

KevinK
Registered for: 20 years 8 months

Post by KevinK »

This is great news..
Can't wait to get my hands on these!

K.

Bodie

Post by Bodie »

This is great news.

Doesnt say if this new version of TTWII has the 1970 version restored.

12 extra clips as well. :lol: :lol:

Justin

Post by Justin »

The 12 extra songs...

Would these 12 songs mirror the exact number of songs they originally planned in the special edition from 2001? Perhaps someone can repost the scan of the original intended artwork of the DVD to show the original chapter listings from that release.

jeanno
Registered for: 20 years 4 months

Post by jeanno »

Perhaps someone can repost the scan of the original intended artwork of the DVD to show the original chapter listings from that release.
"Dont/Baby Let's Play House/Cattle Call/Eating Burgers/Farther Along/Hey Jude/I Just Can't Help Believin'/I've Lost You/Little Sister - Get Back (alternate)/Oh Happy Day/Party Sequence/Poem - Walk A Mile In My Shoes/Something/Stranger In The Crowd/Sweet Caroline/Yesterday/You Don't Have To Say You Love Me."

Justin

Post by Justin »

jeanno wrote:
Perhaps someone can repost the scan of the original intended artwork of the DVD to show the original chapter listings from that release.
"Dont/Baby Let's Play House/Cattle Call/Eating Burgers/Farther Along/Hey Jude/I Just Can't Help Believin'/I've Lost You/Little Sister - Get Back (alternate)/Oh Happy Day/Party Sequence/Poem - Walk A Mile In My Shoes/Something/Stranger In The Crowd/Sweet Caroline/Yesterday/You Don't Have To Say You Love Me."

Thanks!

Hmm interesting....looks like we might be getting it all. Because the original film is being released also, that already eliminates "I Just Can't Help Believin," "I've Lost you," and "Sweet Caroline" as "Bonus features."
Whatever is left over would hopefully be the extra songs we get.

I guess there's still some from "The Lost Performances" that they should include: "I Washed My Hands In Muddy Water," "Money Honey"

Is there anything else out there from the TTWII outtakes that isn't on the list but should be included?

ChrisM

Post by ChrisM »

Elvis' Babe wrote:i am guessing charro probably won't ever get the nude scene reedited into it
There is no need to do any re-editing. The "nude" scene already exists in some prints, as seen on UK TV broadcasts.

Chris

Richard Grant

Post by Richard Grant »

KISSIN COUSINS INCLUDES "TENDER FEELING" GREAT

HOLD ON IT ALSO INCLUDES "LONG LONELY HIGHWAY"

IUS THIS A SLIP UP

Bodie

Post by Bodie »

I dont see why not.

Its not exactly a full frontal.

Topic author
MysteryTrain

Post by MysteryTrain »

This appeared in the entertainment section of the weekend edition of USA Today:

DVD
The King shakes it up in new collections.

To honor the 30th anniversary of the death of Elvis Presley, Warner Home Video and Paramount will release a King's ransom of DVDs on Aug. 7. The Hollywood Collection ($50), contains six films making their DVD debuts: Charro, Girl Happy, Kissin' Cousins, Stay Away, Joe, Tickle Me and Live A Little, Love A Little. Also expect deluxe editions of Viva Las Vegas and Jailhouse Rock.

Paramount's Light! Action! Elvis! Collection ($77 in a blue suede case) will include King Creole, G. I. Blues, Blue Hawaii, Roustabout, Girls! Girls! Girls!, Fun In Alcapulco, Paradise, Hawaiian Style and Easy Come, Easy Go. In other festivities, Warner will sponsor showings of Viva Las Vegas (Aug. 13) and Elvis: That's The Way It Is (Aug. 14) at Graceland

Jim Cheng

Mystery Train

jbgude
Registered for: 20 years 9 months

Post by jbgude »

Now that really makes my day; reading about the cut tracks being re-incorporated into the Kissin Cousins- Girl Happy prints.
Too bad, it looks like the TTWII- SE will not be re-worked to include the 4 missing tracks. or that shoulder shaking ending to Suspicious minds. I just hope thy include "Yesterday" and " Stranger in the crowd" in the bonus section....

JerryNodak

Post by JerryNodak »

You'll be able to watch the 4 missing tracks in the original TTWII.

Rich_TCB

Post by Rich_TCB »

I have a feeling that Elvis On Tour was once part of these releases, but something came up and they had to pull it back.

Maybe we'll finally see it next year.

And I really hope those outtakes from TTWII include Stranger In the Crowd and Little Sister/Get Back (live). That would be terrific.

Rich

ImageImageImage

JonRomanovich

Post by JonRomanovich »

I would like to see outtakes filmed upstairs at Graceland on TIE.

iF iT'S tOO lOUD, yOU ARE tOO oLD

I'm on facebook!! Jon Romanovich

steve in SC

Post by steve in SC »

In regards to the extras on TTWII remember it says 12 songs/nonmusical.
How many will be non-musical? Also it will be good to finally have This Is Elvis on dvd but disapointed that there is no extras here and it looks like we will just get the theatrical and video versions. Is there really any point to this? Isn't everything in the theatrical version in the video version. Why do we need both?

Delboy

Post by Delboy »

Great news! They always have to spoil it though! :evil: :evil:
Voted the Third Greatest Rock ‘n’ Roll Artist of All Time by Rolling Stone Magazine (after the Beatles and Bob Dylan)

rocknroller
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by rocknroller »

Delboy wrote:Great news! They always have to spoil it though! :evil: :evil:
Voted the Third Greatest Rock ‘n’ Roll Artist of All Time by Rolling Stone Magazine (after the Beatles and Bob Dylan)

yep that pissed me off too.

DarrylMac

Post by DarrylMac »

Isn't everything in the theatrical version in the video version. Why do we need both?
No, there are differences. In the theatrical version, we hear Elvis talk about being buried in a beaver, and the story about the girl who gave great head. In the video version, you hear abou the girl who could raide the dead, as it's been dubbed.

Also, Are You Lonesome Tonight from EIC is in the theatrical version, whereas it's replaced by an awful Love Me in the video version. I'm sure there are other differenced, but they are the ones that spring to mind.

Brian Quinn

Post by Brian Quinn »

This is really good news and I will be buying them all.

However, I cannot blieve that EPE would include the following statement in their online advertisement:

"Voted the Third Greatest Rock ‘n’ Roll Artist of All Time by Rolling Stone Magazine (after the Beatles and Bob Dylan), Elvis Presley (1935 – 1977) was also one of Hollywood’s top box-office draws, starring in 31 feature films and two theatrically released concert documentaries over the course of his career. ‘The King’s’ music was as much a part of his box-office success as his good looks and charisma. In fact, some of his top-selling songs were from the movie soundtracks. Eleven of his soundtrack albums made it into the top ten on the Billboard Album charts and of those, four became number one hits."

Forget what 'Rolling Stone' or any other magazine states - Elvis WAS and IS The Greatest Rock 'n' Roll Artist Of All-Time.

EPE should be pushing Elvis and not highlighting The Beatles or Bob Dylan. These artists have their own websites to further their cause.

Brian :roll:

TJ

Post by TJ »

Brian Quinn wrote:This is really good news and I will be buying them all.

However, I cannot blieve that EPE would include the following statement in their online advertisement:

"Voted the Third Greatest Rock ‘n’ Roll Artist of All Time by Rolling Stone Magazine (after the Beatles and Bob Dylan), Elvis Presley (1935 – 1977) was also one of Hollywood’s top box-office draws, starring in 31 feature films and two theatrically released concert documentaries over the course of his career. ‘The King’s’ music was as much a part of his box-office success as his good looks and charisma. In fact, some of his top-selling songs were from the movie soundtracks. Eleven of his soundtrack albums made it into the top ten on the Billboard Album charts and of those, four became number one hits."

Forget what 'Rolling Stone' or any other magazine states - Elvis WAS and IS The Greatest Rock 'n' Roll Artist Of All-Time.

EPE should be pushing Elvis and not highlighting The Beatles or Bob Dylan. These artists have their own websites to further their cause.

Exactly what I thought Brian. There have been plenty of instances where Elvis was placed number one by a high profile publication or public vote. Why choose one where he was third??

rocknroller

Post by rocknroller »

Brian Quinn wrote:This is really good news and I will be buying them all.

"Voted the Third Greatest Rock ‘n’ Roll Artist of All Time by Rolling Stone Magazine (after the Beatles and Bob Dylan), Elvis Presley (1935 – 1977)

i could not agree more. i am f*cking sick of reading things about the beatles on this mb they have enough of there own fans to support there overrated music without reading about it on an elvis mb.