All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Wed May 16, 2007 12:33 am

A Paramount collection without Loving You is like a Blackadder without a Baldrick :!:

Wed May 16, 2007 12:35 am

What??

Wed May 16, 2007 12:39 am

JerryNodak wrote:What??

I would rather eat Balricks nose droppings with a sauce made with Percy's intestinal track to buy a Paramount collection without Loving You

Wed May 16, 2007 12:39 am

Here actually is the cover art:

Chris

Wed May 16, 2007 1:26 am

TJ wrote:There have been plenty of instances where Elvis was placed number one by a high profile publication or public vote. Why choose one where he was third??

Because "Rolling Stone" is one of the top ten periodicals in the USA, and perhaps the only one in that group covering rock and pop music. Warners is attempting to legitimize "Elvis Presley" for those consumers who really have no knowledge of the subject, but have heard of "Rolling Stone."

GERRY wrote:Ernst is the biggest culprit - i suspect that he hated every single second that David Bendeth got to work with the Mastertapes-Next thing you know David Bendeth is gone.

Hey, "GERRY," you can wish as hard as you can, but you will never in a million lifetimes have Ernst's job at BMG.

Wed May 16, 2007 1:47 am

A couple errors on "Elvis News" - the release dates are not June 26 (for the Paramount set) and July 3 (for the Warners set). These dates, as shown on EPE, are the dealer order dates. The release dates are August 7, as reported on EPE.

Mystery Train

Wed May 16, 2007 1:52 am

Thing is, Kiwi Paramount no longer owns the rights to "Loving You."
Hasn't for a long time. If memory serves, NBC owns the rights (or used to).

Wed May 16, 2007 1:54 am

ChrisM wrote:Here actually is the cover art:

Chris

Thanks for posting the artwork Chris, featured on the upcoming DVD release of the Hollywood Collection.

The artwork, IMHO, is beautiful.

Wed May 16, 2007 2:02 am

minkahed wrote:
ChrisM wrote:Here actually is the cover art:

Chris

Thanks for posting the artwork Chris, featured on the upcoming DVD release of the Hollywood Collection.

The artwork, IMHO, is beautiful.

It certainly is a stunning cover!

Wed May 16, 2007 9:42 am

ChrisM wrote:Here actually is the cover art

Just to make things clear for myself: these boxes only come out in R1, as Tickle Me hasn't been announced for R2? Anyone?

Wed May 16, 2007 10:17 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
GERRY wrote:Ernst is the biggest culprit - i suspect that he hated every single second that David Bendeth got to work with the Mastertapes-Next thing you know David Bendeth is gone.

Hey, "GERRY," you can wish as hard as you can, but you will never in a million lifetimes have Ernst's job at BMG.

Thank God...

Keith Richards, Jr.

Thu May 17, 2007 5:06 pm

On the "Elvis Insider's" site, EPE has posted the front and back covers of several of the Warner DVDs. On the back cover of "Kissin' Cousins" it lists "(It's A) Long Lonely Highway" as one of the songs in the movie. Until I saw this, I assumed the listing of this song was simply an error in the publicity material.

Mystery Train

Fri May 18, 2007 1:46 am

MysteryTrain wrote:On the "Elvis Insider's" site, EPE has posted the front and back covers of several of the Warner DVDs. On the back cover of "Kissin' Cousins" it lists "(It's A) Long Lonely Highway" as one of the songs in the movie. Until I saw this, I assumed the listing of this song was simply an error in the publicity material.

Mystery Train

It's a info/printing error. (It's A) Long Lonely Highway is not in Kissin' Cousins. It's in Tickle Me.

Over the years I've seen several instances where certain "bonus" songs were wrongfully listed as part of the movie soundtrack because they were on the LP.

Fri May 18, 2007 3:50 am

Jerrynordak wrote: Over the years I've seen several instances where certain "bonus" songs were wrongfully listed as part of the movie soundtrack because they were on the LP.

I have seen the same instances as you mention. This is obviously because the person in charge of the liner notes had no idea what they were talking about, and should not have been qualified to write those notes or advertising whatever the case may be.

Fri May 18, 2007 8:02 am

I've seen TOO MUCH MONKEY BUSINESS listed as being in STAY AWAY JOE.
Any chance the Paramount films will have the missing trailers (EASY COME EASY GO, GIRLS GIRLS GIRLS, FUN IN AUCULPO, PARADISE HAWAIIAN STYE) I hate not having those.
LOVING YOU is the only Paramount movie not owned by Paramount, the rights are owned by NBC. The DVD was release by Trimark.

I just checked out the back of the DVD and Paramount still ownes it, but have leased it to NBC. So untill that runs out they cannot release it. NBC have had the rights to LOVING YOU for a long time.

Sat May 19, 2007 4:35 pm

hey Mystery Train,

Re Kissin Cousins upgrade: Where's "Anyone could fall in love"?

Surely this was filmed but for whatever reason, remains missing?
However, i stand corrected and perhaps it may not have been?

I can just visualize the context of it: Elvis singing it to the very
sexy Yvonne Craig in a repeat of "Relax" from their other film
together, "It happened at the world's fair".

Me thinks they should've hold off releasing "Kissin" until
such time as "Anyone" was recovered.

can Anyone provide an answer?
Last edited by Robt on Mon May 21, 2007 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat May 19, 2007 11:38 pm

Hello,

Just thought I'd let people know that "The Hollywood Collection", "This Is Elvis" and "That's The Way It Is - Special Editon" are available for pre-order from Amazon.com

"The Hollywood Collection" is listed at $34.99 and "This Is Elvis - Special Edition" and "That's The Way It Is - Special Edition" are listed at $14.99 The "Viva Las Vegas" and the "Jailhouse Rock" Deluxe Editions are also available for $13.99

The individual movie releases from Warner are listed as unavailable at this time, which indicates to me that they soon will be available for pre-order. The Paramount set as well as the individual discs are not listed yet. The Blu-Ray and HD-DVD sets for "Jailhouse Rock" and "Viva Las Vegas" aren't listed yet either.

Daryl

Mon May 21, 2007 1:24 pm

I have never seen ANYONE in KISSIN COUSINS It has never been in the movie as far as I know.

Mon May 21, 2007 1:49 pm

no, but that's not to say that this wasn't filmed as a production number
but then cancelled from the final edit of "Kissin" for whatever reason.

Same thing applies to "Danny" "It won't be long" possibly "let's forget
about the stars" too.

Hey Funky Angel. Got any photographic shots of Elvis' doing
these numbers in your collection?

Mon May 21, 2007 2:41 pm

Robt, unfortunately I don't! One only has to study the dialoque to find out where songs were to be placed! For example, in Double Trouble, 'It Wont Be Long' if you listen to the dialoque, was mentioned at the start of the movie, in the London nightclub scene! So, in all probability the 'It Wont Be Long' production number was slated in place of/ or alongside 'Baby, If You Give Me All Of Your Love'! Also, this photographic evidence MAY show a rehearsal (note the white/ cream jacket - black shirt!!!!) for 'Scratch My Back (Then I'll Scratch Yours)' or it may not! I still believe the third image pertains to the cut 'Sand Castles' number! Note the same attire in image # four! I'll have another run through my database and see what else I may of missed!