All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Ekenee

Sun May 20, 2007 9:37 pm

Would prefer to not break rules.
Last edited by David Bendeth on Mon May 21, 2007 2:42 am, edited 4 times in total.

Sun May 20, 2007 9:51 pm

:)
Last edited by Juan Luis on Mon May 21, 2007 12:49 am, edited 3 times in total.

Sun May 20, 2007 11:05 pm

Stan

Well said, Thank You.

Sun May 20, 2007 11:06 pm

You haven't posted a complaint Stan, merely an observation.

I too am surprised, but I'll bet it's gone in the next 24 hours.

Too many people are actively demonstrating they no longer wish this MB to remain and so I think that all these resepctive members should either be removed permanently or the MB be shut down permanently.

Sun May 20, 2007 11:08 pm

Well I for one hope it doesn't shut down.

Sun May 20, 2007 11:59 pm

And that's all I have to say about that!

Mon May 21, 2007 12:06 am

Little Darlin wrote:Well I for one hope it doesn't shut down.

So do I LD for many reasons, but it's impossible to crack the whip and say that the rules must be obeyed or else the MB closes and then to not enforce the rules and keep it open.

People will just see it as a hollow threat and ignore it. Well they've already started.

Mon May 21, 2007 12:13 am

Well I think Some People need to step back a little bit and remember when the Board was closed the last time.

This Board has been invaluable to Me lately in regards of getting My FTD's up to date as well as My other Albums.

Mon May 21, 2007 2:21 am

David Bendith Wrote:

Ekenee to me doesnt even have a country

I do have a country, but you have no country listed either, so were even. I am from the USA.

David Bendith Wrote:

At thsi point in my life I could really care less what you think, go back to FTD

I understand you don't care what the fans think. That is obvious.
I still buy BMG and FTD.... Nearly all of them. I only find out about the flaws after I have bought and listened to them. And to correct you, its not what I think, its what I know. The flaws were stood out period.

David Bendith Wrote:

You are righ ECKENEE my goal was to sell reords surgically. Since you heve the maket cornered on quality, where is all your ideas? WHERE IS ALL YOUR FORWARD THINKING? I just see blanks .
My solution is an equlibrium of FTD nd commercial releases that allwow the process to contune, to have the successful records pay for the more high quality ones. Everyone here is an armchair critic with no plan, start the process of soliditarity in numbers.

I agree, not everyone agrees. But its a business, its not about quality. There is that thin line. That middle ground that seems to be tough to find.
I have had tons of ideas thru the years, and coincidently some have already been used. I am just a fan. I have written to Ernst for years with some of my ideas. Who knows if he read them or not? For one, I have asked for complete sessions for years. over the last year or so, they are starting to pop up on releases.

David Bendith Wrote:
I ahad no desire to do E2, I thought it sucked and was a pale comparison of quality and a mediocre follum up done through desperation. A big step down.

A big step down?? A step sideways maybe.
There was some of the same problems on E2 just as there were on E1. Not quite as many though.

David Bendith Wrote:
It really realy SUCKED,

Yeah I know.

I don't blame you for the artistic failure of E1, since as you explain there is political things that happen within a company. But that doesn't change the facts of the end product. It kind of reminds me of an old married couple analogy. The husband wants a green carpet. The wife wants a tan carpet. So they end up getting stripes. Something no one likes.

Hi Everyone

Mon May 21, 2007 2:53 am

Hope everyone is having a great Elvis Sunday!

GONE!!

Mon May 21, 2007 2:55 am

PFFFT!

Steve_M wrote:You haven't posted a complaint Stan, merely an observation.

I too am surprised, but I'll bet it's gone in the next 24 hours.

Too many people are actively demonstrating they no longer wish this MB to remain and so I think that all these resepctive members should either be removed permanently or the MB be shut down permanently.

Mon May 21, 2007 3:38 am

To David Bendith:

I wanted to clearify something I wrote.

It's not that the idea was a bad one. It was a good marketing plan.

It was the execution of the idea that went wrong somewhere.

It is a very simple idea. Put all of Elvis' number one hits in one package for the first time. It seems simple, but it didn't quite come off that way, now did it.

1. There were 2 or 3 versions of songs that shouldn't be there.
2. The sound "achieved" on several of the songs was below average.
3. The cover was done with no pre-thought at all.

The thing is, this was marketed to the general public, and few of those general fans wouldn't know Take 8 for take 9 for "fool such as I" anyway.
This is a colloctors site, so the opinions of this differ than those of general fans.

well

Mon May 21, 2007 5:22 am

Everything that has ever been said on here has been said 100 different ways by a 100 people. It has either been misquoted, misunderstood, or mismanaged, even edited out. Once in a while the truth is briefly understood or an opinion might be accepted openly.

Stop trying to win battles and try starting to win wars. There is no need to restate the obvious, Its like trying to re write the Battle Of Britain. I respect the collectors, they are the lifeblood of the artist. Maybe they should make the records? I think they are now anyways.
Soundboards and bootlegs are also a big part of it, which is ironic in a way as that certainly has nothing to do with sound quality and everything to do with historical Importance and commitment to collection. I mean does it really matter anymore what the cover of E1 really looked like in the big scheme of life 4 years ago?
Someone would have hated it no matter what it was.

I came to this thread with ideas, new ideas. That will not be happening again. I hink you guys have this covered. Its fun to visit here and speak to some old friends, thanks for all the private PM'S

See you next year!!!

ekenee wrote:To David Bendith:

I wanted to clearify something I wrote.

It's not that the idea was a bad one. It was a good marketing plan.

It was the execution of the idea that went wrong somewhere.

It is a very simple idea. Put all of Elvis' number one hits in one package for the first time. It seems simple, but it didn't quite come off that way, now did it.

1. There were 2 or 3 versions of songs that shouldn't be there.
2. The sound "achieved" on several of the songs was below average.
3. The cover was done with no pre-thought at all.

The thing is, this was marketed to the general public, and few of those general fans wouldn't know Take 8 for take 9 for "fool such as I" anyway.
This is a colloctors site, so the opinions of this differ than those of general fans.

Mon May 21, 2007 5:45 am

David Bendith wrote: Everything that has ever been said on here has been said 100 different ways by a 100 people. It has either been misquoted, misunderstood, or mismanaged, even edited out. Once in a while the truth is briefly understood or an opinion might be accepted openly.

Stop trying to win battles and try starting to win wars. There is no need to restate the obvious, Its like trying to re write the Battle Of Britain. I respect the collectors, they are the lifeblood of the artist. Maybe they should make the records? I think they are now anyways.
Soundboards and bootlegs are also a big part of it, which is ironic in a way as that certainly has nothing to do with sound quality and everything to do with historical Importance and commitment to collection. I mean does it really matter anymore what the cover of E1 really looked like in the big scheme of life 4 years ago?
Someone would have hated it no matter what it was.

Actually I agree with everything here. You can't please everyone all the time, but you increase your odds with good planning.
I mean how many people don't like the cover of gold records volume 2?
It's a classic.
Only one flaw there that a picky guy like me would notice.
Check out how they edited Elvis' thumb.

Mon May 21, 2007 6:14 am

Ekenee, I think you need to start a thread:
"Collecting with OCD"

Actually I agree with everything here. You can't please everyone all the time, but you increase your odds with good planning.
I mean how many people don't like the cover of gold records volume 2?
It's a classic.
Only one flaw there that a picky guy like me would notice.
Check out how they edited Elvis' thumb.[/quote]

Mon May 21, 2007 7:08 am

David Bendeth wrote:Check out how they edited Elvis' thumb.

Wow -- nice find. I've looked at the cover 1,000 times and never noticed the poor retouching job. FTD's reissue faithfully reproduces the image, too. What in the heck did he have in his hand, Dottie Harmony's ...?

Mon May 21, 2007 8:08 am

Actually Doc you misquoted Bendith. That quote about ELvis' thumb is mine. I noticed this 25 years ago or so, and I keep hoping with every repressing someone would fix it.

I would have thought with the new 2 disc set this would be corrected, but alas it wasn't. It actually looks like they went crazy with the white-out on the original design, and they whited-out part of his thumb, leaving it half its size, and it has been used ever since giving Elvis that deformed look.

David Bendith wrote:
"Collecting with OCD"

I'm not obsessive, I just pay attention to details when it comes to Elvis' musical legacy. Judging by all of your defensive replies, it is evident that you are still in a serious state of denial about your beloved E1 project.
Facts are facts and history can't be changed.

Mon May 21, 2007 8:33 am

ekenee wrote:Actually Doc you misquoted Bendith.

What happened was he didn't properly use the Quote function, so it looked like it was all his writing. Sorry I didn't catch that on my own.

Anyway, thank you for the clarification. It's an interesting flaw, and since it's been there for almost 50 years, it's now a part of history and shouldn't be changed.

Does anyone have the unfettered image?

MEDS

Mon May 21, 2007 8:39 am

John, I guess we all make mistakes on the threads paying attention to detail. Good to see we are all human! And I am not the only one with ADD. LOL

drjohncarpenter wrote:
David Bendeth wrote:Check out how they edited Elvis' thumb.

Wow -- nice find. I've looked at the cover 1,000 times and never noticed the poor retouching job. FTD's reissue faithfully reproduces the image, too. What in the heck did he have in his hand, Dottie Harmony's ...?

Mon May 21, 2007 8:50 am

The only thing I am in a serious state about is the session I am doing tommorow, And moving on from the negativity you preach.
Bendeth has an e not an i, speaking of the Elvis legacy, I thought you were paying attention. Oh never mind, lets all try to get along.

ekenee wrote:Actually Doc you misquoted Bendith. That quote about ELvis' thumb is mine. I noticed this 25 years ago or so, and I keep hoping with every repressing someone would fix it.

I would have thought with the new 2 disc set this would be corrected, but alas it wasn't. It actually looks like they went crazy with the white-out on the original design, and they whited-out part of his thumb, leaving it half its size, and it has been used ever since giving Elvis that deformed look.

David Bendith wrote:
"Collecting with OCD"

I'm not obsessive, I just pay attention to details when it comes to Elvis' musical legacy. Judging by all of your defensive replies, it is evident that you are still in a serious state of denial about your beloved E1 project.
Facts are facts and history can't be changed.

Mon May 21, 2007 6:11 pm

ekenee

E1 is a steady selling Elvis release, it is also unique almost 15 Million worldwide.

What does that make you??

Mon May 21, 2007 6:29 pm

In denial?

GERRY wrote:ekenee

E1 is a steady selling Elvis release, it is also unique almost 15 Million worldwide.

What does that make you??

Mon May 21, 2007 6:45 pm

I'm a bit slower on the uptake than I was.

So tell me.......

Which pic has this 'edited' thumb in it ?

Mon May 21, 2007 7:41 pm

Colin wrote: Which pic has this 'edited' thumb in it ?

To Gerry: Try to follow here. I was not talking about quantity, I was talking about quality.

30 number one songs on one cd. Its gonna sell alot inspite of the flaws.
But just because it sells alot doesn't erase the flaws.

After thought.......Are you saying the CD would have sold less with the correct versions of songs on it, and less, if "hound dog" didn't have the pop in it? come on!

Mon May 21, 2007 7:57 pm

FTD is quantity not quality.

one of the many reasons that i say this is:-

Dennis Ferrante and Lene reidel have mixed and mastered a lot of 1969/1970 stuff ,some of it hasnt even been released yet.

Aug 10th Opening Show between them they ruined this too , plus all the other releases that i havent named.

this is totally unforgivable.