Give me some facts about "Aloha From Hawaii"

All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Mike S
Registered for: 17 years

Post by Mike S »

Last edited by Mike S on Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
Justin
Registered for: 21 years 1 month

Post by Justin »

And in conclusion (ha!), although this proposal was, I will agree, ambitious and daring to even attempt--it was definitely worth mentioning. The only reason I found it worth exploring is because it would have been in complete cooperation with FECC and its boardmembers which seemed like an exciting and eccentric feature that many of the sites "out there" don't have. This board experiences many moments when facts are proven and disproven...but they exist only to the people who are involved in the thread and passer-byers who happen to stumble on it. Then it is lost, amongs hundreds of threads. My goal was to capture and house those "A-ha!" moments in a library that would beat out any other site. Doing that, would be a job not just for one person..no way...but many many people.

Although, I, fyi am a guy not a girl as mistaken above, have been around since the board started and very much am aware of the personalities and presence of many here. I will admit that this is the most noticeable of posts I've ever made. I usually make posts that don't cause any of the "higher classmen" of the board to pick apart and throw back at me for fear of a confrontation (much like this one!) so I posts stuff like "I love that song!" or "Polk Salad Annie is a great live song!" or some BS like that. Comments like that do not provoke situations where I might have to face someone who might talk down to me.

Because of the discrepency of knowledge on Elvis compared to the "historians" (choice of word "historian" has no negative connotation) on this board, my ignorance will shine through and that I cannot help. Perhaps this Library was going to help that? I dunno. But either way, live and learn, right.

So, in following with what the original intent of this thread was...lemme end with a fact from Aloha From Hawaii:

Aloha From Hawaii was a TV concert broadcast taped on January 14, 1973 where a total of 7 billion people watched while Elvis used cue cards for every song in the set. After the show, he did a pool side interview for which to be saved for a CBS special 4 years later. :wink:

The End.

Eddie
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by Eddie »

This is great, so much swearing, its like an episode of Deadwood!

:lol:

I got you melancholy baby, built like a melon face like a collie.

Steve_M

Post by Steve_M »

Last edited by Steve_M on Sun May 13, 2007 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GERRY
BANNED FOR LIFE!
BANNED FOR LIFE!
Registered for: 20 years 3 months

Post by GERRY »

NBC themselves started all that 1.5 Billion rumour

Matthew

Post by Matthew »

GERRY wrote:NBC themselves started all that 1.5 Billion rumour
Source?

Juan Luis

Post by Juan Luis »

I was suspended once for using a word. :lol:

John Coctostan
On Suspension Until Further Notice...
On Suspension Until Further Notice...
Registered for: 2 years 7 months

Re:

Post by John Coctostan »

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Sat May 05, 2007 3:13 am
No. The only photo evidence of cue cards is for "I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry," as seen at the January 13 soundcheck.
Even medical professionals are fallible.

drjohncarpenter
Registered for: 21 years 1 month

Re: Re:

Post by drjohncarpenter »

John Coctostan wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:33 am
drjohncarpenter wrote:
Sat May 05, 2007 3:13 am
No. The only photo evidence of cue cards is for "I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry," as seen at the January 13 soundcheck.

Even medical professionals are fallible.

Next time you rudely reply to an archival post, can you find something from 2003?

:smt023

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!