All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Tue May 08, 2007 10:57 pm

Does anyone have the list of the ekstra footage that should have been on the TTWII SE
the first time around

Tue May 08, 2007 11:52 pm

Rob wrote:
Keith Richards, Jr. wrote:
JerryNodak wrote:I'm not going to be the first one to buy any of these. I'm going to want to read a lot of feedback first.


Me too. Let's hope the TTWII DVD includes the original movie.

I certainly hope so too. The two women and the cat who is an Elvis fan will be great to see in such fantastic quality. Also, how about the dork in the glasses who will tell them what they can do with their film? Won't that be neat?

Hopefully, there will be a few edits.



Rob, you have me laffin' my butt off loudly dude ... :lol:

I just remembered that other dorky glassed eyed guy at the Elvis convention trying to sing Tiger Man ... :cry:

ugh ... :wink:

Wed May 09, 2007 12:25 am

R.R.D wrote:Does anyone have the list of the ekstra footage that should have been on the TTWII SE
the first time around


Yes - it is printed on the cover of my copy!

Chris

Wed May 09, 2007 12:32 am

Who here believes that Warner Bros would finally deliver those magical ttwii 60 minutes and not have:-

1:- Announced it.
2.:-Given it it's own promotion and separate release date.

If the above is true then the day has arrived when Elvis is well and truly became irrelevant in the eyes of these big corporate film companies.

And i need to rethink my opinions of EPE as far as they at least have made an effort to get Elvis some respect and some number ones in the DVD charts.

Wed May 09, 2007 12:43 am

GERRY wrote:Who here believes that Warner Bros would finally deliver those magical ttwii 60 minutes and not have:-

1:- Announced it.
2.:-Given it it's own promotion and separate release date.


As far as I can tell, Warner haven't announced anything regarding these releases yet. Everything we have seen so far seems to have leaked ahead of the official press release.

Chris

Wed May 09, 2007 1:09 am

Couldn't agree more, Chris.

Wed May 09, 2007 4:08 am

Here are the extras as stated on the cover of "That's The Way It Is" (Special Edition) before the cover was recalled:

"Dont/Baby Let's Play House/Cattle Call/Eating Burgers/Farther Along/Hey Jude/I Just Can't Help Believin'/I've Lost You/Little Sister - Get Back (alternate)/Oh Happy Day/Party Sequence/Poem - Walk A Mile In My Shoes/Something/Stranger In The Crowd/Sweet Caroline/Yesterday/You Don't Have To Say You Love Me.

As near as I can tell, only "Bridge Over Troubled Water" from the original theatrical release is missing.

Mystery Train

Wed May 09, 2007 4:20 am

Holy cow that's amazing. What was the reason this material was never released?

DJL

Wed May 09, 2007 4:25 am

I think we are gonna be getting some unreleased performances for sure Warner have stated that to be the case.

Bring it on :lol:
Last edited by GERRY on Wed May 09, 2007 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed May 09, 2007 4:29 am

Here's a thought. Maybe just maybe they are holding EOT, hopefully a multi-disc set for later in the year as a Christmas release?

Wed May 09, 2007 5:05 am

Rob -
Let's hope that there's a scene access menu so we can skip Cricket, Sue, the cat, the dork, and the old lady who likes Elvis to move around.

On the other hand, the original did have a shot or 2 of an attractive blonde in the audience who looked a bit like Jayne Mansfield.

Wed May 09, 2007 10:18 am

GERRY wrote:I think we are gonna be getting some unreleased performances for sure Warner have stated that to be the case.


I refer you to my earlier comment.

Chris

Wed May 09, 2007 1:31 pm

Thanks mystery train

Wed May 09, 2007 2:24 pm

Warner Brothers has just listed its (U.S.A.) DVD releases for August 7th and there is NO Elvis listed!!!!

Mystery Train

Wed May 09, 2007 2:25 pm

ChrisM

As far as I can tell, Warner haven't announced anything regarding these releases yet. Everything we have seen so far seems to have leaked ahead of the official press release


Yeah but i read this:-

30th Anniversary Warners DVD are releasing 6 Elvis titles in a box set called "Elvis Film Collection". The titles are "Kissin' Cousins", "Tickle Me", "Girl Happy", "Stay Away Joe", "Live A Little, Love A Little" and "Charro".

Also being released is a newly restored and remastered editions of "Jailhouse Rock" and "Viva Las Vegas" and a double disc special edition of "Elvis, That's The Way It Is" with never before seen performance footage and the DVD Debut "This Is Elvis", in a double disc edition that includes both the theatrical and extended TV cuts.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Intersesting point is regarding This Is Elvis 2 disc set they can fit both versions on 2 dvd's one of the is 240 minutes long-so this suggests that those 60 minutes plus a truckload more could fit onto the TTWII discs.

Wed May 09, 2007 2:47 pm

minkahed wrote:
Rob wrote:
Keith Richards, Jr. wrote:
JerryNodak wrote:I'm not going to be the first one to buy any of these. I'm going to want to read a lot of feedback first.


Me too. Let's hope the TTWII DVD includes the original movie.

I certainly hope so too. The two women and the cat who is an Elvis fan will be great to see in such fantastic quality. Also, how about the dork in the glasses who will tell them what they can do with their film? Won't that be neat?

Hopefully, there will be a few edits.



Rob, you have me laffin' my butt off loudly dude ... :lol:

I just remembered that other dorky glassed eyed guy at the Elvis convention trying to sing Tiger Man ... :cry:

ugh ... :wink:


I believe it was a British convention. :)

Wed May 09, 2007 2:57 pm

MysteryTrain wrote:Here are the extras as stated on the cover of "That's The Way It Is" (Special Edition) before the cover was recalled:

"Dont/Baby Let's Play House/Cattle Call/Eating Burgers/Farther Along/Hey Jude/I Just Can't Help Believin'/I've Lost You/Little Sister - Get Back (alternate)/Oh Happy Day/Party Sequence/Poem - Walk A Mile In My Shoes/Something/Stranger In The Crowd/Sweet Caroline/Yesterday/You Don't Have To Say You Love Me.

As near as I can tell, only "Bridge Over Troubled Water" from the original theatrical release is missing.

Mystery Train


If memory serves, Don't; Baby Let's Play House; and Walk a Mile In My Shoes were in the Lost Performances correct?

Wed May 09, 2007 3:06 pm

GERRY wrote:

Intersesting point is regarding This Is Elvis 2 disc set they can fit both versions on 2 dvd's one of the is 240 minutes long-so this suggests that those 60 minutes plus a truckload more could fit onto the TTWII discs.



I think you must have seen a different extended version than me, by some 100 minutes [approx] :wink:

I much prefer the theatrical cut, tighter and better viewing, especialy the editing of My Way at the end.

Wed May 09, 2007 4:13 pm

GERRY wrote:Yeah but i read this:-

never before seen performance footage


I know what you read, but it didn't come directly from Warner. I would guess that there is a pretty good chance that the missing Extras from the SE will be included on this version, but I think I will wait for the official details before I get too excited.

Chris

Wed May 09, 2007 4:36 pm

Eddie

I have a 3 disc Laserdisc edition-it's averagely ok but i would much prefer a e Anthology release that is same high quality as the Beatles Anthology-and 100% Elvis.

Including San diago nov 70 footage-Houstan 70 press etc etc there is enough interview footage to let Elvis tell his story.

Also Released in Australia in August

Thu May 10, 2007 5:23 am

Warner Home Video will release the same titles in Australia in August. Except 'Tickle Me' is not listed.

Two disc editions: 'Elvis: That's the Way It Is' and 'This is Elvis'. One disc editions: 'Charro!', 'Kissin' Cousins', 'Girl Happy', 'Live a Little, Love a Little' and 'Stay Away, Joe'. Deluxe editions: 'Jailhouse Rock' and 'Viva Las Vegas'.

The editions of 'Jailhouse Rock' and 'Viva Las Vegas' include a documentary, 'Elvis: That's the Way It Is' includes both the original and Special Edition while 'This Is Elvis' includes the theatrical version and much longer TV version plus other material. The single disc releases probably don't include any extras.

Thu May 10, 2007 6:38 am

MysteryTrain wrote:only "Bridge Over Troubled Water" from the original theatrical release is missing.

Mystery Train
A GEM.

Thu May 10, 2007 7:36 am

I just remembered that other dorky glassed eyed guy at the Elvis convention trying to sing Tiger Man ...


Heck, that was Bob Dylan in disguise up there :D

Thu May 10, 2007 7:51 am

are these going to be avail in the usa? can somone send me the link to read about these please.........

Thu May 10, 2007 10:54 am

ChrisM wrote:
GERRY wrote:Yeah but i read this:-

never before seen performance footage


I know what you read, but it didn't come directly from Warner. I would guess that there is a pretty good chance that the missing Extras from the SE will be included on this version, but I think I will wait for the official details before I get too excited.

Chris


Incidentally, this text originates from Movies Unlimited and their DVD news section, which, if all the rest of the news on that site are anything to go by, looks quite legit to me.

See for yourself: http://www.moviesunlimited.com/musite/cornstor_05_050607.asp
and scroll down to Elvis...