All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Tue May 08, 2007 2:18 am

Here's the cover art:

Image

Pretty damn good cover art, in my opinion; I'll be buying all of the releases except for the deluxe editions of Jailhouse Rock and Viva Las Vegas; I have both dvd's and the only thing extra in these deluxe editions are documentaries, according to ElvisNews, and I can live without those documentaries :D

Hopefully Sony/BMG will release the soundtrack to This Is Elvis :smt020 ...a mighty fine job from Warner Bros :smt023

Tue May 08, 2007 2:58 am

Fantastic news tonight from Elvis news


Here are the details on the 2007 DVD releases from Warner Bros. The company will release 10 DVDs:

One disc editions: "Charro!", "Kissin' Cousins", "Girl Happy", "Live a Little, Love a Little" and "Stay Away, Joe".

Two disk editions: "Elvis: That's the Way It Is" and "This is Elvis".

Deluxe editions: "Jailhouse Rock" and "Viva Las Vegas".

The editions of "Jailhouse Rock" and "Viva Las Vegas" include a documentary, "TTWII" includes both the original and SE editions while "This Is Elvis" includes the theatrical version and much longer TV version plus other material. The single disc releases probably don't include any extras.

Also mentioned is "Tickle Me", but no details were given.Source: Elvis Movie Guide / Updated: May 7, 2007

Tue May 08, 2007 3:09 am

Little Darlin wrote:Fantastic news tonight from Elvis news


Here are the details on the 2007 DVD releases from Warner Bros. The company will release 10 DVDs:

One disc editions: "Charro!", "Kissin' Cousins", "Girl Happy", "Live a Little, Love a Little" and "Stay Away, Joe".

Two disk editions: "Elvis: That's the Way It Is" and "This is Elvis".

Deluxe editions: "Jailhouse Rock" and "Viva Las Vegas".

The editions of "Jailhouse Rock" and "Viva Las Vegas" include a documentary, "TTWII" includes both the original and SE editions while "This Is Elvis" includes the theatrical version and much longer TV version plus other material. The single disc releases probably don't include any extras.

Also mentioned is "Tickle Me", but no details were given.Source: Elvis Movie Guide / Updated: May 7, 2007


Awesome news!

Tue May 08, 2007 3:12 am

I hate to be skeptical but I look for the TTWII release to be the original and the SE with no extras.

Tue May 08, 2007 4:39 am

No Elvis On Tour.... :roll:

Tue May 08, 2007 4:43 am

Great news indeed! :D :D :D

Tue May 08, 2007 6:14 am

steve in SC wrote:I hate to be skeptical but I look for the TTWII release to be the original and the SE with no extras.


I pretty much expect the same. But that's okay with me as long as the original IS the ORIGINAL.

I'm not going to be the first one to buy any of these. I'm going to want to read a lot of feedback first.

Tue May 08, 2007 8:42 am

Little Darlin wrote:Also mentioned is "Tickle Me", but no details were given.Source: Elvis Movie Guide


It seems that Tickle Me is coming out as a R1 release, see my earlier post.
I wonder if the covers will be different..

Tue May 08, 2007 8:55 am

Sumthin' must be up for Elvis On Tour not to be included in this mega release of Elvis films on DVD, especially surrounding the whole 30th anniversary of his passing ...

They must have sumthin' planned. that material is just to good just to let it slip, sit and rot away in the vaults for noone to see and own. it's an absolute disgrace.

Tue May 08, 2007 8:56 am

i read somewhere jailhouse rock is a restored version, i hope so the print on previous releases is edited and quality looks poor.

Tue May 08, 2007 8:59 am

ritchie valens wrote:i read somewhere jailhouse rock is a restored version, i hope so the print on previous releases is edited and quality looks poor.


I truly hope so ...

The sound on the original Mono is so flat and dull and echo-y, it just ruins the film for me everytime I try and watch it.

I sure hope they remastered the soundtrack so the songs sound real good, crystal clear and with punch.

Tue May 08, 2007 9:20 am

JerryNodak wrote:I'm not going to be the first one to buy any of these. I'm going to want to read a lot of feedback first.


Me too. If songs are left out, I ain't buying. Definitely not. But if these DVD:s feature the original, unedited movies in good quality, I'll pick up Viva Las Vegas, Jailhouse Rock, Kissin' Cousins, TTWII and Live A Little, Love A Litte. Let's hope the TTWII DVD includes the original movie.

Keith Richards, Jr.

Tue May 08, 2007 10:20 am

Still no On Tour !

Tue May 08, 2007 10:51 am

Looking forward to having these movies (especially Tickle Me) in my DVD collection! I just hope it's just not a straight video transfer like those arseholes did with Girls Girls Girls! Anyway, there is a night time scene (as you all know) in Tickle Me where the corrupt Deputy Sherrif is high tailing (driving) it through the desert! As an Elvis movie buff, I hope there is extreme high clarity of it in the new dvd!

Tue May 08, 2007 11:28 am

Great news indeed!

Nice to finally have Charro and This is Elvis in crisp quality and hopefully the TTWII extra material. Hopefully they are planning somthing for EOT also.

Tue May 08, 2007 11:37 am

Keith Richards, Jr. wrote:
JerryNodak wrote:I'm not going to be the first one to buy any of these. I'm going to want to read a lot of feedback first.


Me too. Let's hope the TTWII DVD includes the original movie.

I certainly hope so too. The two women and the cat who is an Elvis fan will be great to see in such fantastic quality. Also, how about the dork in the glasses who will tell them what they can do with their film? Won't that be neat?

Hopefully, there will be a few edits.

Tue May 08, 2007 1:25 pm

It would be nice to have the original version in the same picture and sound quality as the SE version.

But it would've been even better if they edited out those infamous and plain STUPID fan remarks/ comments/ interviews or whatever they wanna call it!!!

I guess we shouldn't even dream of added material (i.e the material that was axed in the last minute for the SE DVD issue)...

Br
Kristian

Tue May 08, 2007 3:21 pm

LOL i smell a money spinner EEEZZIEE MONEY.


LOL i dont get it WHY get excited about TTWII (Original and recent Se) 2 dvd set? the original ttwii is available right now as single disc and ttwii Se is on sale at a discount price.

So you gonna give them your cash for the new cover art?

Hey i can print off a new cover in 5 mins-you gonna give me your cash?

Tue May 08, 2007 3:41 pm

Gerry wrote:-

the original ttwii is available right now as single disc


And where is this available?

Andy

Tue May 08, 2007 3:52 pm

I have it on double sided dvd

side one widescreen

side two 4.3

I also have it on Laserdisc.

Tue May 08, 2007 4:00 pm

While it's probably unrealistic to hope for the TTWII release to include the promised extra footage of the SE, maybe the powers-that-be will at least see fit to include the August '70 material featured in the Lost Performances.

Tue May 08, 2007 4:05 pm

Kristian Hjelmaas wrote:I guess we shouldn't even dream of added material (i.e the material that was axed in the last minute for the SE DVD issue)...


They do say "never-before-seen performance material", so whatever that means...

Tue May 08, 2007 6:19 pm

They do say "never-before-seen performance material", so whatever that means...


Regarding TTWII That can only mean those 60 mins.

So the 2 ttwii dvd disc set would comprise of

Disc one:- ttwii se plus the 60mins.

Disc two:- ttwii original plus extras.

But dont you think that a dvd release like this containing 60 minutes of live 1970 unseen footage warranted full promotion all of it's own?

Tue May 08, 2007 7:04 pm

there is plenty of unseen footage from ttwii and eot to do a 2 dvd set of just the unseen footage.
hope the whipping scene is restored not the same edited camera view that just shows his head and arms they might as well have stuck it up his nose. lol.

Tue May 08, 2007 7:10 pm

Rob wrote:
Keith Richards, Jr. wrote:
JerryNodak wrote:I'm not going to be the first one to buy any of these. I'm going to want to read a lot of feedback first.


Me too. Let's hope the TTWII DVD includes the original movie.

I certainly hope so too. The two women and the cat who is an Elvis fan will be great to see in such fantastic quality. Also, how about the dork in the glasses who will tell them what they can do with their film? Won't that be neat?

Hopefully, there will be a few edits.


Cheer up Rob or "I'll write you a dirty little letter..." :) As embarrassing as some of those clips are, I think they should be included, especially as the SE allows us a fan-free experience already. I'd kinda miss Todd's "who's got 350?" moment :)