All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Thu May 10, 2007 3:22 pm

GERRY wrote:
They do say "never-before-seen performance material", so whatever that means...

Regarding TTWII That can only mean those 60 mins.

So the 2 ttwii dvd disc set would comprise of

Disc one:- ttwii se plus the 60mins.

Disc two:- ttwii original plus extras.

But dont you think that a dvd release like this containing 60 minutes of live 1970 unseen footage warranted full promotion all of it's own?

I really hope that the previously (officially) unreleased footage will be included, but somehow I doubt it.

I prefer to be positively surprised if it is going to be included! :lol:

And yes, strange if there's not going to be a big promotion of this - if it's so..!

Br
Kristian

Thu May 10, 2007 5:29 pm

Sorta like letting someone put a gun to your head and if they dont pull the trigger then this is a positive surprise.

Thu May 10, 2007 7:01 pm

"only "Bridge Over Troubled Water" from the original theatrical release is missing."

I believe 'I Just Cant Help Believing' is also amiss?

Thu May 10, 2007 9:41 pm

No, Eddie, "I Just Can't Help Believin'" was slated to be included. Here's the list again of the "bonus" songs not included (but listed on the original cover):

"Don't/Baby Let's Play House/Cattle Call/Eating Burgers/Farther Along/Hey Jude/I Just Can't Help Believin'/I've Lost You/Little Sister - Get Back (alternate)/Oh Happy Day/Party Sequence/Poem - Walk A Mile In My Shoes/Something/Stranger In The Crowd/Sweet Caroline/Yesterday/You Don't Have To Say You Love Me."

Some of the songs actually included,
e.g. "Suspicious Minds" and "Patch It Up," were difference performances.

Mystery Train

Fri May 11, 2007 3:35 am

If they're not going to give us the promised extra footage on the upcoming TTWII set, what would be so difficult for them to just include the August '70 material from the Lost Perfomances? If they did that we'd get: Walk a Mile In My Shoes; Twenty Days and Twenty Nights; Make The World Go Away; There Goes My Everything; Don't Cry Daddy; Love Me; and the rehearsal segment. I could live with that.

Fri May 11, 2007 3:48 am

Hello,

Amen Brother Pete. "The Lost Performances" was way better than "That's The Way It Is: Special Edition." I for one would also like to have the colorized version of "Jailhouse Rock" on DVD that came out many years ago on VHS. (I want to say around 1992)
I definitely look forward to the remastered version of "Viva Las Vegas" as I've always felt previous DVD versions were inferior in picture quality.

Daryl

Fri May 11, 2007 3:52 am

Of course both Lost Performances and TTWII se had great sound-better sound than some here can ever imagine-but then they dont own or have access to a top audiophile system. :wink:

Fri May 11, 2007 7:01 am

Although I hope it's not true, do you think the extra footage that will be released on TTWII DVD set will be The Lost Performances video now put to DVD?

DJL

Fri May 11, 2007 8:06 am

DJL,

Nice avatar-turquoise or powder blue? the dome?

Fri May 11, 2007 8:29 am

"No, Eddie, "I Just Can't Help Believin'" was slated to be included. Here's the list again of the "bonus" songs not included (but listed on the original cover):"

I must have missread the statement, I thought we were talking about the missing numbers from the actual disc. My bad.

Fri May 11, 2007 9:46 am

no colorizedversion only the fully restored uncensored version in b&w.

Fri May 11, 2007 11:18 am

Pete Dube wrote:what would be so difficult for them to just include the August '70 material from the Lost Perfomances?

One word - money.

Every additional song included means extra money from the profit line going to whoever holds the rights. Haven't you learned anything on this Board?

Chris

Tue May 22, 2007 10:18 pm

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

This is an update news from the Spanish dvd website http://www.ZONADVD.com 8). There are some good and bad news, but also some confusing news :roll:. The best news is that we will have these editions here in Spain on July 31st. The bad news is that we are missing: Kissin´Cousins, Tickle Me, Live a Little, Love a Little and Stay Away Joe :cry:. The confusing news is that on That´s The Way It Is we will have the 2001 edition on disc one plus deleted scenes and on disc two we will have a 47 minutes of extra material. Also we will have 6 already released dvd´s with new covers. I think we will have to wait a bit longer, and see what will happen with the rest that are going to be released worlwide. Bye for now :wink:.

Mike Windgren.

Viva el vino, viva el dinero, viva, viva el amor!!.

Wed May 23, 2007 9:16 am

Mike Windgren wrote:Hi there!! :D :D :D.

This is an update news from the Spanish dvd website http://www.ZONADVD.com 8). There are some good and bad news, but also some confusing news :roll:. The best news is that we will have these editions here in Spain on July 31st. The bad news is that we are missing: Kissin´Cousins, Tickle Me, Live a Little, Love a Little and Stay Away Joe :cry:. The confusing news is that on That´s The Way It Is we will have the 2001 edition on disc one plus deleted scenes and on disc two we will have a 47 minutes of extra material. Also we will have 6 already released dvd´s with new covers. I think we will have to wait a bit longer, and see what will happen with the rest that are going to be released worlwide. Bye for now :wink:.

Mike Windgren.

Viva el vino, viva el dinero, viva, viva el amor!!.

Interesting information, thanks!

Not least: Audio: Dolby Digital 5.1

If Dolby Digital 5.1 is true also for the original TTWII, splendid!

The link (TTWII) is here:

http://www.zonadvd.com/modules.php?name ... &sid=10280

Jan

Wed May 23, 2007 5:26 pm

Isn't it lame how they always use that same shot for TTWII, I love that shot, but come on, it was also used for THE LOST PERFORMACES. At least the performace will actually be in the package (in the original). At least this time we will have the complete PATCH IT UP from Aug 11, but you will have to change disks to see it.

Wed May 23, 2007 5:48 pm

It's the image of EAP and you know what that means :wink: :lol:

People who see this i.e the public, they are gonna think...oh gee is this the same as before?

Anyway if disc one is 5.1 then this will be great, but how could this have been done? they would have to have used different tapes i.e the original 16 track masters and this would be a costly , so what gives?

Sat May 26, 2007 12:24 am

Hello,

The HD and Blu-ray versions of "Viva Las Vegas" (Deluxe Edition) and "Jailhouse Rock" (Deluxe Edition) are now available for pre-order from Amazon.com. The other six movies that are coming out with new packaging are also available for pre-order. Has anyone seen the individual cover artwork for the 8 Paramount films. I've seen the artwork for the 8 DVD packaged set but I've yet to see the individual artwork. Will it be different than the previous DVD reissue.

Daryl

Sat May 26, 2007 12:41 am

Does anybody know what's really on these two DVD's?
I've tried to find out, but I can't find any, so far. The only think I've managed to come across is the following details regarding the sound:

SDDS (special edition)
DTS (special edition)
Dolby Digital (special edition)
4-Track Stereo (original version)

Sat May 26, 2007 1:53 am

If you look closely at the info. on the Japanese site, Elvis World, and the Spanish site, there is some indication that they will NOT be getting the 1970 version of TTWII. It looks like disc 1 is the special edition and disc 2 is the extra 47 minutes. I don't read either Japanese or Spanish, so I can't be sure.

It is clear that region 1 (U.S.A. and Canada) is getting the 1970 version of TTWII from the promotional material Warner has released.

Also, at 47 minutes and 12 songs, there is nearly 4 minutes per song. This is rather long considering most of the songs are "rehearsal" versions. Of course, there is the "Eating Burgers" and "Party Sequence," but still it's hard to believe there isn't something more, unless, of course, the time (47 minutes) is wrong. Maybe the Beatles' songs will be on the region 1 editons after all?

Mystery Train