All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Big Warner Bros. Elvis DVD News!!.

Wed May 02, 2007 10:43 pm

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

It has been just announced on a very reliable Spanish dvd website called ZONADVD.COM :!:, you can check it if you want. On August 6, 2007 Warner will release on the 30th Anniversary, Special editions on DVD of the next movies 8): Viva Las Vegas, Jailhouse Rock, documentary That´s The Way It Is and Biopic movie This Is Elvis plus more Elvis dvd releases. I understand we will not have Elvis On Tour DVD :cry:. Soon this website will have more information on these releases. I thought this news would make us all happy :lol:. Bye for now :wink:.

Mike Windgren.

Viva el vino, viva el dinero, viva, viva el amor!!.
Last edited by Mike Windgren on Thu May 03, 2007 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed May 02, 2007 10:46 pm

sounds good Mike! Wonder what extra features these 'special editions' will contain!

Wed May 02, 2007 10:49 pm

If this is correct the only new item is This Is Elvis.

Which is good news PROVIDING that the original soundtrack is intact and substitutes have not been made...as is happening with other DVD releases of late.

Remember This Is Elvis had unique mixes.

Wed May 02, 2007 11:11 pm

ooohh no!!!!

I was hoping for an upgraded edit on THIS IS ELVIS, say
for example, editing out actors portraying Elvis in some
scenes and also Ral Donner narration.

I for one WILL NOT be buying it if this is not done!

Wed May 02, 2007 11:12 pm

Maybe TTWII is a new version, with footage from the outtakes in crisp quality :twisted:

Wed May 02, 2007 11:24 pm

Thats the way it it hmmm is this just a re-release of the SE

1. is this the SE plus the ekstra footage that was promised the first time around

2. maybe the original movie plus the SE on a double dvd

3.original plus SE plus ekstra footage that was promised on the first edition of the SE

Until a box set containing all of the TTWII footage like aloha and 68 special dvd sets come out :wink:
I would be happy with number 3

Thu May 03, 2007 2:37 am

Early every Wednesday Warner Brothers announces it's upcoming DVDs (adding a week and deleting a week). Today, Wednesday, May 2, they announced their DVD releases for July 31. Go to
http://whv.warnerbros.com/WHVPORTAL/Por ... tionmode=2

Next week, on May 9, Warner Brothers will announce their DVD releases for August 7th - I suspect then we will know exactly what their plans are for Elvis' DVDs.

Mystery Train

Thu May 03, 2007 8:22 am

MysteryTrain wrote:Early every Wednesday Warner Brothers announces it's upcoming DVDs (adding a week and deleting a week). Today, Wednesday, May 2, they announced their DVD releases for July 31.

Actually, they've already announced some releases beyond that date, as for example a William Powell/Myrna Loy box set will be released early August.

I'm sure we will get a separate press release beforehand concerning the Elvis releases for R1.

The releases mentioned at the start of this thread don't necessarily have anything to do with the initial Warner announcement.

Thu May 03, 2007 4:55 pm

Here's the exact link from zonadvd.com:

http://www.zonadvd.com/modules.php?name ... e&sid=9972

Here's the translated version via Babelfish.com:

http://www.babelfish.altavista.com/babe ... sid%3D9972

Thu May 03, 2007 5:14 pm

It's 2007 and still no one knows what happened to all the outtake film rolls from Elvis' movies.Would be nice to know if they have been destroyed or not.

Thu May 03, 2007 5:16 pm

Sillerman could track down the film and then he could release 10 second sample on YouTube of unseen film-then EPE could work with the film studio to get the stuff released in a DVD series.

Thu May 03, 2007 6:35 pm

Yeaaaaaaah! A dream would come true!!! Give me more, more, more, more of that news...

O.S.

Thu May 03, 2007 7:23 pm

I just hope that at least the movies will have the complete soundtracks - for e.g " Somokey Mountain Boy" on Kissin Cousins. It has been ommited for so long the guys working on the movies may not even be aware that such a song exists.

Tom ( in NC) have you told your source at WB to tell those guys working on the DVD transfers to ask us if anything is left out ? :wink: ....
or is it already too late ?

Thu May 03, 2007 9:00 pm

THis goes under the catagory:

I'll believe it when I see it. So far the Elvis DVD industry is far from pleasing except for the 2 TV specials and even those had deletions.

Thu May 03, 2007 10:05 pm

Robt wrote:ooohh no!!!!

Well guess what, not all Elvis fans have actor/impersonator phobia. I'd love to get the dvd. The narration did not annoy mea bit. David Scott was quite ok.

This is actually good news, This is Elvis is very dear to me cos it was among the first releases about Elvis I've seen

Thu May 03, 2007 10:12 pm

Great news, besides TTWII, I don't have these movies yet on DVD... :wink:

Thu May 03, 2007 10:59 pm

Narek wrote:
Robt wrote:ooohh no!!!!

Well guess what, not all Elvis fans have actor/impersonator phobia. I'd love to get the dvd. The narration did not annoy mea bit. David Scott was quite ok.

This is actually good news, This is Elvis is very dear to me cos it was among the first releases about Elvis I've seen

I agree with you, Narek.

If they edit out actors portraying Elvis or the Ral Donner narration then you no longer have a docudrama. Which is what the original "This Is Elvis" was.

Fri May 04, 2007 6:06 am

they could have used a little bit of elvis from aug 1969 talking about his career on this is elvis before they showed clips from 56 or something to that effect.

Fri May 04, 2007 6:08 am

someone on the imdb board said they hope the whipping scene isn't censored on the new dvd. it shouldn't be. show the movies as they were shown in 1950s and 60s nothing edited.

Fri May 04, 2007 9:04 am

I hope that got a critic or historian to do an audio commentary in addition to or instead of an MM member. It's great to hear Jerry Schilling reminisce about Elvis but I'd like some historical context about each work and also some reminisces from folks who were actually there. It'd be interesting if George Sidney did Viva Las Vegas commentary as he didn't particularly care for Elvis. It would be awesome if they got A/M.

Fri May 04, 2007 9:26 am

ritchie valens wrote:someone on the imdb board said they hope the whipping scene isn't censored on the new dvd. it shouldn't be. show the movies as they were shown in 1950s and 60s nothing edited.

Yeah !

Flaming Star, anyone ?

Mon May 07, 2007 7:45 pm

From the Hometheather Forum: (note the TTWII comment!)

Warner has the Elvis Film Collection, six hunka-hunka burning discs of Elvis flicks: Kissin’ Cousins (1964), with Elvis is dual roles as an Air Force flyer and his hillbilly cousin; Tickle Me (1965), in which he’s a crooner who takes a job at a health ranch; Girl Happy (1965), with Presley getting down at spring break in Ft. Lauderdale and watching mobster daughter Shelley Fabares—a little too closely; Stay Away, Joe (1968) with the King as a Native-American trying to get government aid for his people; Live A Little, Love A Little (1968), in which photographer Elvis juggles jobs at a girlie magazine and a conservative newspaper; and Charro! (1969), a western with Presley as a reformed gunslinger framed by outlaws for stealing a cannon from the Mexican government.

Toss in newly restored and remastered editions of Jailhouse Rock (1957) and Viva Las Vegas (1964), a double-disc special edition of Elvis: That's The Way It Is (1970) with never-before-seen performance footage, and the DVD debut of This Is Elvis (1981) in a double-disc edition that includes both the theatrical and extended TV cuts, and you'll be saying "Thank y' verrimush!"

No On Tour, though! :cry: Oh well, I am very (if not very very) happy about these releases, especially as all the missing features will now be available on DVD. :)

Mon May 07, 2007 8:41 pm

it's long overdue the restored jailhouse rock,vlv and this is elvis.
ttwii i hope has lots of unseen footage in better quality than the outtakes going around.
will these be released in aug or earlier?

Mon May 07, 2007 9:12 pm

a double-disc special edition of Elvis: That's The Way It Is (1970) with never-before-seen performance footage

Wow! just hope WB gets it right - and hopefully we will have all the music out takes :my doubt is that we may only get the original movie(s) with the 1 extra hour that was supposed to be on the 2001 S.E version - the proposed contents were put on this board - leaving out performances of Stranger in the crowd/ Yesterday/Words ...

Just hope WB proves me wrong... and let us also hope the movies will contain the complete soundtracks - especially Girl Happy and Kissin Cousins. My fear is the publishers just may cut their nose to spite their faces..and prevent WB from including songs like " Smokey Mountain Boy"

Mon May 07, 2007 10:37 pm

No On tour.
Good news?

Only reason I can think of is EOT deserves a special treatment right....?