All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Sun May 20, 2007 10:53 pm

Well, we just got 50.000.000 Elvis Fans Can´t Be Wrong, didn´t we. I say it´s about time we got a great live recording from a tour show. A few ideas seem obvious. Jailhouse Rock would be great of course but we will surely get that one later... :wink:


Sincerely MB280E

Sun May 20, 2007 11:00 pm

Thomas wrote:I would be ABSOLUTELY THRILLED of one of the Cincinniati/Indianapolis shows.

Don't think for a minute that I don't know what you're doing.

Mon May 21, 2007 11:04 pm

Personally, i would love to have an upgrade honolulu March 1961 show
as a FTD but provided only if they have a better quality source tape
of it , or if no, then if they can go back to the original tapes and try
and achieve better hi fi sound.

It's just the historical perspective. El's last concert for over 8 years.

Another option: if they have found source of the memphis feb 1961 show that
would be just as good!

Tue May 22, 2007 1:24 am

Rob wrote:
Thomas wrote:I would be ABSOLUTELY THRILLED of one of the Cincinniati/Indianapolis shows.

Don't think for a minute that I don't know what you're doing.

What, you mean pray the rosary?

Wed May 23, 2007 11:24 am

hey Thomo,

My friend what on earth are you talking about?! I'm missing something!

So are you saying that there maybe a soundboard of either Cincinnatti
25 june 1977 and/or Indy 26 june 77 coming out in August?!?!

Honset to Almighty God I want these two shows, THE WHOLE THING !!!

But from where have they come from and on which label will they
be issued on?
Last edited by Robt on Wed May 23, 2007 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed May 23, 2007 11:33 am

Robt wrote:Cincinnatti

Where is this place?

Wed May 23, 2007 2:05 pm

hey Rob,

thanks for bringing this to my attention. It should be Cincinnati.

hey Rob, Thomas has been slow to respond to my question so i am
go to throw the ball to you: Has there been some talk in the Elvis
world that the two shows are going to be coming out in AUG?

If so, can this be substantiated, or is it all a hoax?
Last edited by Robt on Wed May 23, 2007 5:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Wed May 23, 2007 3:36 pm

There has been talk of our very own FTD label releasing this two shows in July.

Wed May 23, 2007 3:50 pm

Thomas wrote:There has been talk of our very own FTD label releasing this two shows in July.

.....which was immediately followed by a categoric denial from the head of the production team.

Wed May 23, 2007 3:58 pm

The April FTD CDs were announced on February 19th [see http://www.elvis.com/news/ftd.asp ]. Seems somebody is holding back the news on what, if anything, will be released on July 1!

Mystery Train

Thu May 24, 2007 4:05 am

Mike S wrote:
Thomas wrote:There has been talk of our very own FTD label releasing this two shows in July.

.....which was immediately followed by a categoric denial from the head of the production team.

They have only denied that they are gonna release BOTH of the shows. They didn't deny that they would release only one of them :wink: .

Thu May 24, 2007 5:58 am

MysteryTrain wrote:The April FTD CDs were announced on February 19th [see http://www.elvis.com/news/ftd.asp ]. Seems somebody is holding back the news on what, if anything, will be released on July 1!

Mystery Train

You can bet there will be a regular release and a Classic Album Series release.

Thu May 24, 2007 11:27 am

Robt wrote:hey Rob, Thomas has been slow to respond to my question so i am go to throw the ball to you: Has there been some talk in the Elvis world that the two shows are going to be coming out in AUG?

Yes, there's been talk. Unfortunately, none of the talk is true. Enjoy your audience recordings. Both are very good.

Thu May 24, 2007 11:47 am

Thomas wrote:
Mike S wrote:
Thomas wrote:There has been talk of our very own FTD label releasing this two shows in July.

.....which was immediately followed by a categoric denial from the head of the production team.

They have only denied that they are gonna release BOTH of the shows. They didn't deny that they would release only one of them :wink: .

From Elvis News: We asked Ernst Jorgensen for confirmation, his reaction: "the rumour is not true - not at all!!!".

Now that's what I call a categoric denial
(note the: 'not at all' qualification)

Thu May 24, 2007 12:35 pm

Hey Thomo,

the ball is in your court, and you are down match point my friend!!!!

You hurt me bad, as i was getting all excited by the prospect of
a soundboard on either CINCY or INDY. It's turned out to be a hoax!

I'm going to call, GAME, SET, MATCH, Mike S.

Thu May 24, 2007 12:38 pm

I'd rather have the Nashville 71 outtakes than any concert right now, but then again that's just me. :D

Thu May 24, 2007 12:43 pm

have you ever considered that if a soundboard of Indy eventually appears it would be quite incomplete? I guess that will be better than nothing...

Thu May 24, 2007 12:55 pm

huhhhh!!!


Are you saying that there is an incomplete soundboard of El's
last stand!!!!

If so, it should be put out even in incompleted form because
of
it's historical perspective!

So tell me, what is missing from this Indy soundboard you talk about?

Thu May 24, 2007 5:11 pm

Anyone thought about what the October release will be yet? lol

I demand they release one of the following:

Tahoe 71
Indy 77
Tampa 70
3rd Sit Down Show from 68
Memphis show from 61
July 75 tour
57 soundboard

Or else i am going to call for their release every 3 months when we start discussing the next FTD release - and i will not be silenced ...

ok I'll go quietly ...

Thu May 24, 2007 8:53 pm

Robt wrote:huhhhh!!!


Are you saying that there is an incomplete soundboard of El's
last stand!!!!

If so, it should be put out even in incompleted form because
of
it's historical perspective!

So tell me, what is missing from this Indy soundboard you talk about?


Of course I have no idea about the existence of soundboard recording of Indy 77. But in 1977 all shows we have are severely cut. No intros (so maybe no I really don't want to know, no see see rider-i got a woman- love me).

Better half than nothing though...

Fri May 25, 2007 5:55 am

shanebrown wrote:As far we know Indy 77 wasn't recorded on soundboard...do you want them to release what isn't there?

According to various sources, the Indy 77 soundboard does exist and is in the possession of a collector who prefers to hoard the tape instead of share it. Ernst has the well-known audience source for Adios in his possession and hopefully will officially release the historic show like he did with the audience source based FTD title New Years Eve.

Fri May 25, 2007 10:36 am

shanebrown wrote:
AndrewJ wrote:Anyone thought about what the October release will be yet? lol

I demand they release one of the following:

Tahoe 71
Indy 77
Tampa 70
3rd Sit Down Show from 68
Memphis show from 61
July 75 tour
57 soundboard

Or else i am going to call for their release every 3 months when we start discussing the next FTD release - and i will not be silenced ...

ok I'll go quietly ...


Well, I would have thought the idea of doing soundboards in 57 would be unlikely, not sure, tho. There was no 3rd sit down show. As far we know Indy 77 wasn't recorded on soundboard...do you want them to release what isn't there?


I think he was joking, Shane.

I hear the next releases on FTD will be "Easy Come, Easy Go" and "Pot Luck".

Fri May 25, 2007 10:40 am

londonflash wrote:I hear the next releases on FTD will be "Easy Come, Easy Go" and "Pot Luck".


You sure, buddy? Sounds cool! I doubt they've made an effort to improve the sound on "Easy Come, Easy Go" but "Pot Luck" should be a killer release. Of course, I'll buy and enjoy them both.

Keith Richards, Jr.

Fri May 25, 2007 11:45 am

londonflash wrote:I hear the next releases on FTD will be "Easy Come, Easy Go" and "Pot Luck".


Easy Come, Easy Go? Sh#t !!!!!

Was hoping for Nashville '71 or Raised on Rock/GoodTimes.

FTD

Fri May 25, 2007 11:51 am

This is just speculation. Nothing has been announced officially yet. When I was in a major record shop the other day, it was noticeable that you can no longer buy any classic Elvis albums as they are nearly all on FTD these days. All you can buy in store are greatest hits sets, gospel and love song compilations, plus there may be one or two leftover copies of Madison Square Garden or the out-dated original 68 Special TV CD. This is not a good situation.