All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Sat May 19, 2007 7:25 pm

It's diffently also high on my wish-list :D I also hope that he will work on a double-disc edition of G. I Blues and Blue Hawaii.

JR

Sat May 19, 2007 7:58 pm

I feel almost certain we will get "Jailhouse rock". I will be happy with this alone!

Sat May 19, 2007 8:53 pm

According to Elvis Unlimited "rumor has it" one of the July FTD releases will be Cincinnati and Indianapolis - Elvis' last two concerts. Add to that the "Pot Luck Sessions" and I will be one happy fan! I think we'll see the "Jailhouse Rock Sessions" in October - the 50th anniversary of the premier. With a deluxe edition DVD of the movie in August and HD DVD and Blu-ray editons in September, the "Jailhouse Rock Sessions" this year is a no-brainer!

Mystery Train

Sat May 19, 2007 9:12 pm

MysteryTrain wrote:According to Elvis Unlimited "rumor has it" one of the July FTD releases will be Cincinnati and Indianapolis - Elvis' last two concerts.

Hav-A-Tampa wrote:Still no news on what the July FTD releases will be, but now at least we know for certain it won't be the Indianapolis 77 show... from Elvisnews.com:
Several sites mention that rumour has it that the July 1 release from the FTD label will contain Elvis’ last two concerts from Cincinnati and Indianapolis from June 25th and 26th, 1977.

We asked Ernst Jorgensen for confirmation, his reaction: "the rumour is not true - not at all!!!".
Source: Ernst Jørgensen / Updated: May 19, 2007

Sat May 19, 2007 10:23 pm

Hav-A-Tampa, how do you know one of the July releases won’t be the Indy concert? Ernst has neither denied nor confirmed this.

Per

Sat May 19, 2007 10:52 pm

thekingisalive wrote:Hav-A-Tampa, how do you know one of the July releases won’t be the Indy concert? Ernst has neither denied nor confirmed this.

Per

"the rumour is not true - not at all!!!". sounds like a denial to me.

Sat May 19, 2007 10:54 pm

No, he has not. Read the entire statement again.

Per

Sat May 19, 2007 10:57 pm

ale wrote:IMO we'll get these:
* 1976 concert (johnson city?)
* A 70's album on the classic series (ftd released 7....only one is from the 70's).
* movie soundtrack

In your opinion...? Does it really count...?

Sincerely MB280E

Sat May 19, 2007 10:58 pm

:smt017

Per, please enlighten me.

Sat May 19, 2007 11:02 pm

We asked Ernst Jorgensen for confirmation, his reaction: "the rumour is not true - not at all!!!".

Happy?

Sincerely MB280E

Sat May 19, 2007 11:03 pm

The rumor is that we will get both the June 25 and June 26 shows. Ernst denies this rumor. He never said we won’t get ONE of them. This is the way he operates. I’ll give you another example. People have repeatedly asked him if they/he have/has any July 1975 soundboards. He has always said no, that they/he don’t/doesn’t, which is true. The only known July 1975 soundboard in existence is in the hands of EPE, so Ernst is telling the truth. He does have access to that show, though, and it may very well be released on FTD one of these days. Unfortunately, the show is incomplete, as so many other from that era.

Per

Sat May 19, 2007 11:09 pm

Hmm - "Not true at all" would imply that it is not even partly true.

But that EJ is a sneaky SOB :lol: :wink:

Sat May 19, 2007 11:09 pm

To put it in other words; EPE doesen´t mean FTD...so whatever is in EPE´s archives...he sure has a very irritating way of answering direct questions. Makes me wanna explode! :lol:

Sincerely MB280E

Sat May 19, 2007 11:12 pm

Just don’t explode in your pants, son. :lol:

Per

Sat May 19, 2007 11:14 pm

Too late ...! :lol:

Sincerely MB280E

Sun May 20, 2007 2:20 am

I would be AMAZED of a 70s album "SE" with lots of takes ...

I would be ABSOLUTELY THRILLED of one of the Cincinniati/Indianapolis shows.

Wouldn't the 30th anniversary of Elvis' passing be the right occasion to release an "Adios" soundboard.

Sun May 20, 2007 2:28 am

I thought whatever was in EPE's archives pertaining to audio was sent to RCA... unless they are in the record business! so the soundboards that were part of the Colonel's collection bought by EPE are still in the EPE archives? Etc.

Sun May 20, 2007 2:37 am

Juan, this particular soundboard is stored in a building owned by EPE. I no longer remember the story or the reason for it, but RCA have all other soundboards safely locked away in their vaults. Well, safely … they are in the vaults anyway. Except the Cleveland show. Chances are good we’ll see it on FTD next year or sometime soon. It will feature some rare audience recorded songs as bonus tracks, among others "You’ll Never Walk Alone" and "Pieces of My Life".

Per

Sun May 20, 2007 2:48 am

thekingisalive wrote:Juan, this particular soundboard is stored in a building owned by EPE. I no longer remember the story or the reason for it, but RCA have all other soundboards safely locked away in their vaults. Well, safely … they are in the vaults anyway. Except the Cleveland show. Chances are good we’ll see it on FTD next year or sometime soon. It will feature some rare audience recorded songs as bonus tracks, among others "You’ll Never Walk Alone" and "Pieces of My Life".

Per
Thanks!

Sun May 20, 2007 10:28 am

thekingisalive wrote:The rumor is that we will get both the June 25 and June 26 shows. Ernst denies this rumor. He never said we won’t get ONE of them. This is the way he operates.
Per

Well, that could be the case here, I guess. But I wouldn't bet on it. Also, what are the chances Lene Reidel won't f*** up the sound? There is a great sounding bootleg of this show, I'm quite happy with that.

Sun May 20, 2007 2:34 pm

Well, it would be just stupid to release the well-known audience recording of Indianapolis today and further down the line put out a soundboard of the same show if they own it already. It wouldn´t surprise me though...

Sincerely MB280E

Sun May 20, 2007 4:08 pm

Hi Gang,
In EIN's Roger Semon interview from a few months ago he said that 'Jailhouse Rock' was planned .
.... and with the 50 year old copyright laws slipping away they need to get onto both 'J Rock' and 'King Creole' pretty soon.
http://www.elvisinfonet.com/interview_rogersemon.html

I'd bank on 'Jailhouse Rock' this time around.
and let's not forget the possibility of a deluxe Hawaii 1961 release too. . .

Cheers
Piers

Sun May 20, 2007 8:09 pm

thekingisalive wrote:Juan, this particular soundboard is stored in a building owned by EPE. I no longer remember the story or the reason for it, but RCA have all other soundboards safely locked away in their vaults. Well, safely … they are in the vaults anyway. Except the Cleveland show. Chances are good we’ll see it on FTD next year or sometime soon. It will feature some rare audience recorded songs as bonus tracks, among others "You’ll Never Walk Alone" and "Pieces of My Life".

Per

According to my damn reliable information, Cleveland'75 soundboard is missing:

CC rider
I got a woman
Love
If you love me
Polk salad
Mystery train
Closing..

If true, I kinda lost interest in this so called exciting soundboard.

Sun May 20, 2007 8:32 pm

I tend to agree Robert. If those songs are missing it seems like the recorder must have been switched on/off serveral times during the show...

Sincerely MB280E

Sun May 20, 2007 10:13 pm

My wish tend to go for Piers' predictions! I sure hope Jailhouse Rock and the remaining 50's recordings will be given priority in the near future!