All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Fri May 25, 2007 2:39 pm

Good or not, that's the situation and I don't look for it to change anytime soon. Main label=Comps and occasional "historic" releases like Elvis At Sun and Million Dollar Quartet. FTD= Everything else.

Fri May 25, 2007 4:09 pm

I seriously doubt we'll get both "Easy Come, Easy Go" and "Pot Luck" at the same time. My guess is we'll get "Pot Luck" in July and "Jailhouse Rock" in October. If so, that'd likely push "Easy Come, Easy Go" to next year. I assume these are all in the "classic series."

Mystery Train

Fri May 25, 2007 4:18 pm

MysteryTrain wrote:I seriously doubt we'll get both "Easy Come, Easy Go" and "Pot Luck" at the same time.

Well, they did release "Elvis" and "Clambake" at the same time, didn't they? In my opinion, FTD could take a break from the soundboards and release 12 original albums a year instead...

Keith Richards, Jr.

Fri May 25, 2007 4:29 pm

JerryNodak wrote:Good or not, that's the situation and I don't look for it to change anytime soon. Main label=Comps and occasional "historic" releases like Elvis At Sun and Million Dollar Quartet. FTD= Everything else.

For the main label, double or even n-fold repackaged CDs are also an option, like Elvis Presley + Elvis, 68 Special + Aloha ...

Thinking about it, maybe FTD is not so much intended for the fans than for the motivation of the BMG staff. "Ok, we expect you to permute the song list of last year's Christmas With Elvis for this year's Elvis' Christmas Songs, but on the other hand you can do whatever you feel like doing with your itsy-bitsy collectors' label Follow Your Nose or whatsitcalled." Not that I would complain, of course.

Sun May 27, 2007 9:38 pm

OOOHHHHH!

Will one of ya all tell me why you don't want to settle for
an upgrade of Pearl Harbour March 1961 show that i
alluded to (much) earlier in this thread!

Now if a better quality source has been found or E.J. can
still achieve better sound reproduction from the same
masters that were prepared for Elvis Aron Presley box
set 1n 1980 then surely this would be a more ideal release
than yet another August 1969 show!
Last edited by Robt on Mon May 28, 2007 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun May 27, 2007 9:43 pm

Hello,

I don't have any problem with them putting out the '61 Hawaii show. However, I do think that they should package it together with an Classic Album version of the "Blue Hawaii" Soundtrack.

Sun May 27, 2007 9:47 pm

I thought Blue Hawaii was released on the main label 10 years ago!

Anyway in what configuration: As a double FTD (stocked with alternate
takes) or a single FTD with a minimal alternates?

Sun May 27, 2007 9:55 pm

Hello,

I would make the "Blue Hawaii" soundtrack a 2 CD set, as this definitely is a "classic" LP for Elvis despite the fact that it is a movie soundtrack. I would make the '61 Hawaii show a stand-alone digipak released at the same time as the "Blue Hawaii" 2 CD set.

Daryl

Mon May 28, 2007 1:14 am

Daryl wrote:Hello,

I would make the "Blue Hawaii" soundtrack a 2 CD set, as this definitely is a "classic" LP for Elvis despite the fact that it is a movie soundtrack. I would make the '61 Hawaii show a stand-alone digipak released at the same time as the "Blue Hawaii" 2 CD set.

Daryl

I think Blue Hawaii may either have to be a 3 disc, along with G.I. Blues As we have loads of outtakes from these sessions, released officially. Another idea could be to release the 1961 concert and use the remainder of that disc for some "Blue Hawaii" outtakes.

Also "Easy come, Easy go" would be a welcomed addition. Looking forward to all 22 takes of "Yoga is as Yoga does" :wink:

Mon May 28, 2007 1:42 am

Hello,

I just wonder if we'll get the track of "Leave My Woman Alone" on the "Easy Come, Easy Go" FTD?

I have heard that it's going to be "Pot Luck", "Easy Come, Easy Go" and "Raised On Rock" for July but who knows.

Doesn't "The Man And His Music" usually get the lowdown on this before anyone else?

Daryl

Mon May 28, 2007 10:23 am

Probably i'm in the minority,but i like the "Easy Come, Easy Go" soundtrack very much :twisted: The songs are all very lively,amusing pop songs. Maybe the only Elvis soundtrack which doesn't contain sentimental ballads.
Otherwise i don't care what they will relese in july. I like almost all FTD's (even "Double Trouble" and "Clambake"),so it's a win-win situation (to me,at least).

Mon May 28, 2007 11:12 am

Daryl wrote:Doesn't "The Man And His Music" usually get the lowdown on this before anyone else?

Hopefully, we'll get the next issue of EMM this week. I'm pretty sure they'll include all the details in there.

Keith Richards, Jr.

Mon May 28, 2007 10:23 pm

londonflash wrote:
shanebrown wrote:
AndrewJ wrote:Anyone thought about what the October release will be yet? lol

I demand they release one of the following:

Tahoe 71
Indy 77
Tampa 70
3rd Sit Down Show from 68
Memphis show from 61
July 75 tour
57 soundboard

Or else i am going to call for their release every 3 months when we start discussing the next FTD release - and i will not be silenced ...

ok I'll go quietly ...

Well, I would have thought the idea of doing soundboards in 57 would be unlikely, not sure, tho. There was no 3rd sit down show. As far we know Indy 77 wasn't recorded on soundboard...do you want them to release what isn't there?

I think he was joking, Shane.

I hear the next releases on FTD will be "Easy Come, Easy Go" and "Pot Luck".

Of course I was joking. I was parodying the frequent demands for these recordings despite the fact they are either not available or do not exist.