All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

July FTD Release?

Wed May 02, 2007 4:16 am

Does anyone venture to say what the July release will be?

TCB

Randall

Wed May 02, 2007 4:32 am

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't FTD just release a double disc Classic album title, a cd/book and a regular quarterly release about 2 weeks ago :?:

Wed May 02, 2007 4:50 am

minkahed wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't FTD just release a double disc Classic album title, a cd/book and a regular quarterly release about 2 weeks ago :?:

More like a month ago, but...yeah? So?? ;-)

What WILL the July releases be?

Axe

Wed May 02, 2007 5:07 am

lets hope its the sun book,a soundboard and jailhouse rock soundtrack 2 cd set.

Wed May 02, 2007 5:19 am

ritchie valens wrote:lets hope its the sun book,a soundboard and jailhouse rock soundtrack 2 cd set.

The Sun book probably won't see the light of day until the last quarter of the year or possibly early 08. Ernst is taking a lot of time to make sure it is as perfect as possible by continuously trying to obtain rare photos and recordings. Who knows.

You have to assume at least one Classic Album release will be part of the release schedule. A 70's album could be next....

Wed May 02, 2007 5:23 am

doesn't the 'information' generally become 'available' with each issue of 'THE MAN & HIS MUSIC' and if next issue comes out on June 1st...then presumably we'll know by then? :roll: :wink:

Wed May 02, 2007 5:28 am

Pot Luck 2CD 'Classic Series', Jailhouse Rock 'CS', 1976 March soundboard or Elvis (second album) 2CD 'CS'. Any of these would be great. :D

Wed May 02, 2007 6:28 am

only two outtakes exist for the elvis 2nd album the rip it up session and old shep alt. take. make the march 17,1976 show on ftd.

Wed May 02, 2007 2:24 pm

Randall, if you had bothered to search for it, you would have seen that at least one such thread exists already, so there was no need for you to open another one, especially when the answer to your question can be found in the original thread. I think you have set a very good example here, so I will follow it by not revealing the answer to you; I simply cannot be bothered.

Have a nice day!

Per

Wed May 02, 2007 3:08 pm

thekingisalive wrote:Randall, if you had bothered to search for it, you would have seen that at least one such thread exists already, so there was no need for you to open another one, especially when the answer to your question can be found in the original thread. I think you have set a very good example here, so I will follow it by not revealing the answer to you; I simply cannot be bothered.

Have a nice day!

Per

Come on, man. Last time I checked, we had 815 different threads about the Celine Dion duet. No wonder Mr. Randall didn't see the FTD thread that you claim is buried in there somewhere! And as far as I'm concerned we can never have too many FTD threads on this message board anyway.

Keith Richards, Jr.

Wed May 02, 2007 3:13 pm

Having that many threads about Elvis and the Canadian chick pollute this otherwise great messageboard, making it look like a mess. I think the moderators should delete some of the most recent threads to keep things nice and tidy, including this one.

Besides, it’s not "July release" but July releases (plural).

Per

Wed May 02, 2007 3:58 pm

IMO we'll get these:
* 1976 concert (johnson city?)
* A 70's album on the classic series (ftd released 7....only one is from the 70's).
* movie soundtrack

Wed May 02, 2007 5:17 pm

The Elvis World - Japan site predict these for FTD release in 2007:

FTD] Louisiana Hayride Farewell Concert 1956
[FTD] The Sun Era 1954-55 (Photo Book with CD)
[FTD] Live In Hawaii 1961
[FTD] Good Times
[FTD] Promised Land
[FTD] Raised On Rock
[FTD] How Great Thou Art
[FTD] Pot Luck

Wed May 02, 2007 5:25 pm

shane...i don't think ftd released the memphis concert as part of the classic albums series....i think they did just for representing the march tour as they want to do with each tour.
On the other hand I think the classic album series focuses only on studio material...but that is just my opinion :wink:
cheers!

Wed May 02, 2007 6:00 pm

thekingisalive wrote:Randall, if you had bothered to search for it, you would have seen that at least one such thread exists already, so there was no need for you to open another one, especially when the answer to your question can be found in the original thread. I think you have set a very good example here, so I will follow it by not revealing the answer to you; I simply cannot be bothered.

Have a nice day!

Per

So let's recap...the July titles have been announced? You can't be bothered posting anything of value here, but you CAN be bothered posting your snotty little reply?
Why are you here?

Axe

Thu May 03, 2007 2:24 am

thekingisalive wrote:Besides, it’s not "July release" but July releases (plural).

We hope.

Thu May 03, 2007 2:31 am

come on and 'surprise me Ernst' with a fantastic 'best of' the Las Vegas February 1973 soundboard recordings.....in similar style as the Excellent Summer Festival August 1972? :roll: :wink:

Thu May 03, 2007 2:45 am

Why are some people so anal retentive about an alleged duplicate post, especially when the "old" post is days or even weeks old? I, for one, welcome any discussion on upcoming releases and when someone has a question or new information, please post it and don't worry about a search of old posts that may render a post that is weeks, months, even years old!

Mystery Train

Thu May 03, 2007 11:16 am

MysteryTrain wrote:Why are some people so anal retentive about an alleged duplicate post

Because we don't want to get Greg angry at us.

Thu May 03, 2007 12:49 pm

MysteryTrain wrote:Why are some people so anal retentive about an alleged duplicate post, especially when the "old" post is days or even weeks old? I, for one, welcome any discussion on upcoming releases and when someone has a question or new information, please post it and don't worry about a search of old posts that may render a post that is weeks, months, even years old!

Mystery Train

I largely agree MT, although the plethora of Celine duet threads is a bit irksome :wink:

Sat May 19, 2007 4:35 pm

Still no news on what the July FTD releases will be, but now at least we know for certain it won't be the Indianapolis 77 show... from Elvisnews.com:
Several sites mention that rumour has it that the July 1 release from the FTD label will contain Elvis’ last two concerts from Cincinnati and Indianapolis from June 25th and 26th, 1977.

We asked Ernst Jorgensen for confirmation, his reaction: "the rumour is not true - not at all!!!".
Source: Ernst Jørgensen / Updated: May 19, 2007

Sat May 19, 2007 4:45 pm

I guess we will all have to take "Pot Luck" :lol: :wink:

Sat May 19, 2007 4:56 pm

I'd be quite pleased if the July release(s) were a "Pot Luck" 2-cd "Classic" release.

Sat May 19, 2007 5:29 pm

JerryNodak wrote:I'd be quite pleased if the July release(s) were a "Pot Luck" 2-cd "Classic" release.

Then you are gonna be a happy chappy :wink:

Sat May 19, 2007 5:37 pm

I hope that's true. Having Sebastian complete his work on the early '60s album sequence is high on my wish list. I wonder whether he'll move on to Blue Hawaii and G.I. Blues after that.