All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:20 pm

Cryogenic wrote:
BIGREDG wrote:I have kinda come 'round to Cryo's Karen Carpenter Solitaire idea now :shock:

Could be nice.

Seriously? That's cool.

P.S. BIGREDG. I'm sorry about the word "glib" in that other thread. I did incorrectly read Tony as saying he only had such and such total storage capacity, when he actually said he had that much remaining. You were right and I was wrong.

Yes, seriously!! Especially as it could incorporate the "missing" verse into the song. I have the 4 CD Carpenters set, and enjoy playing it from time to time.

Appreciate the apology Cryo - at the end of the day I did give him a duff steer, but I genuinely thought he'd be ok!!!

Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:20 pm

Hello John,

I agree on what you said, and throug Elvis music as well I discover and learned through listening to blues, gospel an all the great artists. I respect them, their work in fact this helped me to expand my love for music of all kinds. I am just disapointed when fans cannot discuss things openly but also recognize facts for what they are when it comes to music history.

I may dislike Celine Dion and this is an opininion and I am not asking anyone to follow my judgment, but I dont deny his mega star status. I may also disagree and not liking rap but it would be stupid not to aknowledge its importance in todays world as it marks an important shif in society, socialy, economicaly and culturaly speaking.
I also critize some of Elvis production for he was recording Harum Scarum when Beatles were revolutionazing everything with albums like Rubber soul and Revolver.

Wha't is interresting and my main point was bringin people to discuss music history with great respect for those men and women who made it possible.

Liking someone music is a matter of opininion. History is facts. This is History with a capital H and this, no one can deny cause we are being carried away with it in our very day life wether we like it or not.

:wink:

Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:47 pm

Just a note, this has been a great push for EP, just check out the amount of people who have viewed his videos on youtube since American Idol, especially If I Can Dream.

Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:57 pm

Elvis_Priestly wrote:I think it was picked because it is a "charitable" power ballad for one but also its a video of Elvis where it would have been relatively easy to isolate him from the background it being a mostly simple black background. The difficult bit would have been his black hair, isolating it from the background, and you can see the evidence of this as his hair "thickness" isn't consistent throughout the edit. That's the minutiae of the visuals though - the whole thing though I think is superb given the stir it has caused and the fact it brings Elvis to a new generation without the usual caricature.

Interestingly enough, the film editors apparently worked with an HD master to mask the softer image of the original video footage. For a side-by-side comparison with the original performance: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8zR2nDdzYM
Last edited by thenexte on Tue May 01, 2007 1:00 am, edited 3 times in total.

fanatical fans

Tue May 01, 2007 12:52 am

woodleyjohn wrote:As for being fanatical and narrow minded, there are many Elvis fans in this league who believe that the sun shone out of his backside and cannot accept that he was not the be all and end all.

:lol: :lol:

?

Wed May 02, 2007 12:46 am

Your comment made me laugh John...

Thu May 03, 2007 2:30 am

I don't know if this has been mentioned in this long topic, but i have been told that if you look at the credits for the americian idol gives back , the executive producer might know a certain person connected to Elvis, very well, and that's was how they got permission to use the elvis performance.
Also, the original line up to duet with Elvis would have been amazing,although they agreed when it was first talked about, she then changed her mind.