Elvis and Celine?

I hope it won't happen :roll:

Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:25 am

Ha, we're pretty harsh on Celine.

Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:02 pm

It looks like the impersonator who really isn't a
impersonator, but an actor shall we say.... named
Martin Fontaine from "The Elvis Story" has performed
with Celine on stage in Las Vegas seen here...
So it looks like this is something Celine has wanted to do
for some time.....

This I'm sure is going to be some kind of dream for her I'm sure
if she does end up singing with the real Elvis via video or audio...

This may not be something I would really care about, but I'm sure
it is something that will have people take notice of Elvis, if done right...

Let's hope anyway... :wink:

PEP 8)

Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:50 am

I've never heard of this song until now. It's great publicity for Celine and Elvis. I am looking forward to Wednesday. Don't worry guys, you won't be disappointed! People that were at the taping said she sounded awesome and it's probably going to be a virtual Elvis on the screen.

Here's the correct link to the thread:

http://www.celinedionforum.com/index.ph ... opic=22459

Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:11 am

"If I Can Dream" really doesn't lend itself to a duet arrangement, but beggars cannot be choosers.

anewday wrote:I've never heard of this song until now.

You must be a very, very new Elvis Presley fan! Welcome.

My first suggestion -- get these BMG CDs immediately, and enjoy the magic:

1) Elvis At Sun
2) The King Of Rock And Roll (5 CD box set)
3) Elvis Is Back!
4) Memories - The 68 Comeback (2 CD set)
5) Suspicious Minds - The Memphis Anthology (2 CD set)
6) On Stage

Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:37 am

Ok, I checked out that link above and I am totally PISSED!!

Apparently, they're going to CG Elvis' face on some impersonators head'! What the hell ever, dudes.

That is just so ****ing stupid! I don't know what to say other than that. I'm so mad.

Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:04 am

"it is better to have one's body be seen with anothers head then not having your body seen at all"

...........................................................................Aplogies GBS

Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:08 am

:smt044

I guess the impersonator is in good shape then!

Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:12 am

Sackofnachos wrote:Ok, I checked out that link above and I am totally PISSED!!

Apparently, they're going to CG Elvis' face on some impersonators head'! What the hell ever, dudes.

That is just so ****ing stupid! I don't know what to say other than that. I'm so mad.

Relax, no one knows for sure how it's gonna happen yet! Ryan says "something spectacular tomorrow"

I hope not

Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:52 am

:evil: But only from a purely selfish point of view. Yes she might like Elvis (good on her for that) but I can't satnd her despite what Sonny West said recently on Original 106 about the fact that Elvis would have liked her if he was still alive.

Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:38 am

the used a guy from behind and elvis in front. didnt see guys face it was like kissin cousins.

Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:41 am

Yeah, it was well done. My fears were unfounded, and I'm so glad.

Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:00 am

Indeed. See the other Elvis/Celine thread, folks...

KiwiAlan wrote:"it is better to have one's body be seen with anothers head then not having your body seen at all"

...........................................................................Aplogies GBS

:lol: :lol:

Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:21 pm

I've not really seen this yet....a friend called maybe 20 seconds before it was over so I barely caught a glimpse; I will comment however that I have always thought that Aerosmith could do an incredible cover version of "If I Can Dream".

Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:11 pm

here it is.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQZXlCDZ ... 26st%3D720

marcel :wink:

Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:37 pm

Very well done I would say 8)

Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:51 pm

I have to say I enjoyed the performance. Celine did not appear nor sound to try and upstage Elvis or the performance and their voices blended quite well. It sounds as though EPE used some alternate material near the end to capture the true feel of the duet... which I think they did quite well. I thought it was quite moving and Ryan hit the nail on the head... "the man who is and always will be the world's greatest idol".

Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:38 pm

Yes, it was good visually. The black leather suit might have been nice.
Too bad it had to have Celine in there, although i must admit she wasn't quite as bad as I expected.
Rick

Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:40 pm

Todays technology is becoming more and more astounding, we cant be far away from creating entire digital concerts to put to some of the recordings we have in audio.

Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:13 pm

I can only add that it was so much better than I feared and is very very well done.
I know that some people have been complaining about Celine Dion but the reality is that having a film of Elvis on his own singing would have been a non starter in this particular case, they needed a gimmick and that meant a duet. Whatever singer they chose would have been critisized by one board member or another.
Very positive for Elvis given the number of viewers watching the program. In this day and age it should be enough that millions of people saw Elvis in tremendous voice and shape, without a 70's jumpsuit or singing Hound Dog on a fifties TV show, which unfortunately for many non fans is just about what they know him for.

Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:38 pm

Is it going tobe a single

Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:35 pm

Sorry this is maybe silly but when the camera was behind them, it looked pretty real becuase there was areal person as Elvis right? :oops:

Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:55 pm

InTheGhetto wrote:Sorry this is maybe silly but when the camera was behind them, it looked pretty real becuase there was areal person as Elvis right? :oops:

Yes, Celine appeared with an impersonator and we saw him in some shots.

Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:13 pm

The guy (Elvis) standing next to Celine Dion on the stage is Ryan Pelton

Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:21 pm

ColinB wrote:
InTheGhetto wrote:Sorry this is maybe silly but when the camera was behind them, it looked pretty real becuase there was areal person as Elvis right? :oops:

Yes, Celine appeared with an impersonator and we saw him in some shots.

Thanks Colin. I guess people who were sitting there saw only the impersonator doing who knows what ....