All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:40 am

You are the one who insists pigheadly on labeling people as incapable of reason and uneducated. Those are fighting words and I could easily get into the gutter with you, but I respect the guidelines. You think you're being high-minded and insist that I concede your point, but it's your point was long ago lost to all but the most-obsessed.

Tell us all again what it is you could possibly have proved in your earlier point. Did it by any chance have anything to do with "Elvis In Concert"?

I'm the dumb one, here: spell it out for me and the other plebians on the board. Who on earth besides yourself either remembers what it was or is willing to wade back to your oh-so-important and vital point?
Last edited by Gregory Nolan Jr. on Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:41 am

With all due Respect to The Pair of You..

Please Rap it in.

Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:44 am

I appreciate your attempt to be the peace-maker, L.D, but I'm the one who insists this N8 fellow stop calling names (that's what is boils down to, regardless of his intellecutal pretenses) and get back at the topic at hand, if need be.

Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:47 am

I Am not trying to be a Peacemaker Greg...

I am trying to stop it Getting out of Hand before FECC is Shut again.

Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:49 am

Fair enough. I think I will leave for that reason alone, as alluded to earlier.

Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:24 am

And why would you leave because I asked for Peace?

As we have both said on this thread Greg...we are Happy with what we have got, but for the sake of the other's and at the risk of EPE seeing this thread (which we know they do from time to time)...if ''Fellow'' fans can't agree what chance has anyone got to have their dream come true?

If it makes You feel any better Greg, I wont post anymore.....I am a NEWBIE here after all, but if it means the rest of the Members get what they want...so be it.

Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:46 am

One thing that comes to mind is that this TV special, will come out at one of the anniversary's. Which one? Not the 30th!
Probably not the 40th, since there is better stuff to release before that.
My guess is, and I stated this the last time this thread took place, is that more than likely it will come out on the 50th anniversary.
I hope it comes out on the 40th though, but if you have seen how slowly stuff gets released, you never know.

Gregory, you can't reason with N8. I have tried, and when you point blank correct him of his errors, it doesn't take, or sink in.

He is under the illusion that he "knows" things, but I have not seen evidence of this as of yet.

Everyone has a different opinion of this footage as can be seen. Once it is out, its out, so all the members that don't want to see it, then don't buy it. Do I think it will help ELvis' musical legacy? Perhaps not, but not everything ELvis ever did, did that........... now did it? There is some nostalgic feel to this footage and his charisma is still alive and well on that special. And has been pointed out, on some songs he is downright excellant. Even in his last tour, Elvis still had them eating out of his hands. Can you imagine if they had filmed the final show in INDY?
That would have been cool.
And I still think if they had filmed and aired the new years show in PA, there would not have been this worry of Elvis's image in the general public. This last special was ill-concieved and not very well planned, but Elvis did have lots of distractions going on back then.
We have what we have and there isn't much we can do about it.
The bootleg will hold us til they come out with it proper.

In the mean time, I am waiting for a deluxe set of "Elvis on tour".

Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:55 am

Thanks for the comments, Ekenee. This subject is inherently contentious and has been forever. I wish it wasn't...

LD, I meant that in the name of the peace you have called for (rightfully), I will bow out so as not to subject you or others to it. I mean, I could go on forever, and so could he, but I'll bow out of this particular EIC thread. Reviving old ones I haven't read? Now that's a different story. :lol:

Take care, folks.

Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:09 am

ekenee wrote:Gregory, you can't reason with N8. I have tried, and when you point blank correct him of his errors, it doesn't take, or sink in.

He is under the illusion that he "knows" things, but I have not seen evidence of this as of yet.


Hilarious.

----------------

Moe & Larry, ......... all we need is Curly now (I'm sure he's here somewhere, though).

(Tongue firmly planted in cheek, ...................... wink!)

"Moe, Larry, Cheese, ........... Moe, Larry, Cheese, ............ Moe, Larry, Cheese, .................... "

(Oh there he is now .................)


N8

Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:46 am

To all those who suggest there is more important footage to be released, (eg Elvis On Tour).........we already know that........question is, how much of this more important footage do EPE own???
Sweet FA.
However, they do own the only historic 1977 footage, shot by CBS.

Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:29 am

Just a small reminder, just because there is pro-shot and historic footage for a legendary artist, it doesn't mean that the footage should be released. Many Rolling Stones fans would love a remastered deluxe DVD of the long lost Cocksucker Blues documentary, but the chances of that every happening is slim. Most have resigned themselves to the fact that they will have to enjoy the insane film from underground sources. Same thing with Clapton, his Rolling Hotel documentary is of great interest to fans and contains some great performances and insight to the artist, but the chances of him every allowing an official release of this documentary (which includes footage of him traveling around Europe on a Nazi train) is also slim. Just because footage exists, it doesn't justify an official release. The Elvis In Concert footage is along the same lines as the other two documentaries mentioned. There is historic footage of a legacy artist, but the damage to the artistic credibility and legacy is greater than any potential positive aspect of an official release. Keep dreaming because EIC is not coming any time soon.

Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:36 am

N8, just curious...did you go to college?

Did you study "double-talk"?

And did you get your degree in "double talk"?

The only reason I ask, is because you are very very good at it.

Maybe you are self taught. I don't know, but I am in awe at your ability.

N8, remember this is a fan site.

It's not a competition. It 's about fun and appreciation of the music and life of ELvis Presley.

Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:47 am

ekenee wrote:N8, remember this is a fan site.

It's not a competition.


It ain't a boxing ring, either.

(Though it's often a circus).

Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:47 pm

ekenee wrote:N8, remember this is a fan site.

It's not a competition. It 's about fun and appreciation of the music and life of ELvis Presley.


I don't view it as anything of the sort (a competition).

In fact, that's stupid.

There are different kinds of "fan sites."

You can find "Elvis-Lite" just about anywhere and "Elvis-Ultra-Lite" would be TCB-World.

All one has to do is choose whichever poison best suits them.

Enjoy.


N8
... just a simple fan, trying to help wherever he can ....

PS - Send me your address & I'll send you my resume (do you want it on disc?, because it's too much to print out, to be honest).

Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:57 pm

N8, ok, I agree not all Elvis sites are alike and I was only referring to this one, since this is the one I most often visit.

Kind Of a "one-stop-fan-site" as far as I'm concerned.

Still there are opinions to be considered and repected. I can see why some people want EIC released but at the same time I can see the valid reasons not to release it.

It's not exactly a cut and dry issue.

I wish they'd release its if for no other reason than to stop these debates.

PS. You will not need to send me your book....uhherrr....resume.
You are not qualified for the position.

Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:29 pm

ekenee wrote:It's not exactly a cut and dry issue.


Which is why those opposed should never say "never".

Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:32 pm

oops - error
Last edited by Johnny 99 on Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:33 pm

Oooops, someones in the wrong thread. :wink:

Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:53 pm

Eddie wrote:Oooops, someones in the wrong thread. :wink:


oops - sure was :wink:

Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:15 am

Eddie wrote:Oooops, someones in the wrong thread. :wink:


Eddie

Your Avatar is Beautiful....But The Headline on the Paper?

Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:41 am

Yes indeed Eddie!

Your Avatar is interesting and even spooky. It's thought provoking as if to say in the eyes of the general public and casual fan, Which one is the
real ELVIS?

If this is what you created you should be proud!

Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:14 am

Cryogenic wrote:
ekenee wrote:It's not exactly a cut and dry issue.


Which is why those opposed should never say "never".


Indeed, we can only hope for the best! :wink: