All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:04 am

Robt wrote:thank you for your response and I appreciate your comments.

You are so polite.

When do you plan to show your appreciation by absorbing some -- or any -- of what I've written?

Robt wrote:What makes you feel i do not posses the best of Elvis Presley's music? ... just out of interest how many times did he say in 1976 ...or words to the affect... that the show was being recorded, just like he did during the july 5th memphis gig?! ... Who's to say that in due time Tunzi won't come out with volume four? ... A fever about the CBS june 77 period?!?! ... Is there anyone else other than Ray Charles who cut a version ... Incidentily, do other American's feel that way about the song as you do?

Another half-dozen queries, so little time.

Robt wrote:Finally Doc, it is our ANZAC day today ...

Mel Gibson and Peter Weir must be pleased.

Robt wrote:Is there anyone else other than Ray Charles who cut a version. I don't particularly like him. Name me a woman artist. I'm keen to hear the lyrics you say Elvis omited.

A woman artist? Kate Bush may have a rendition to your liking.

Do you know her music?

Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:13 am

Gregory Nolan Jr. wrote:We could show off our respective reasoning skills until the cows come home, but until then, ....

The operative word should be singular, not plural (bolded).

I welcome the day that you even begin to show any reasoning skills; for it would be substantive progress.

-----------------

As you say, however, ..... "rationality" will "never" rule ........ especially in your case (again, please refer back to my original post regarding perennial natural fallacious tendencies, which you took issue with, in the first place - starting all of this.)

----------------

"Gregory", ...... it isn't about "winning or losing", ........ it's how you play the game (or, in this case, HOW you think). (wink!)

N8

Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:16 am

N880: what part of the guidelines below do you want to continue to ignore as you attack my reasoning skills and education? Take your intellectual bullying elsewhere, please. They actually do enforce the guidelines now, you know.

FECC GUIDELINES:
NO:
3- Personal attacks

5- Do not fight any personal wars on this board.

6- Complete irrelevant threads or posts which may offend.
Last edited by Gregory Nolan Jr. on Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:21 am

Gregory Nolan Jr. wrote:N880: what part of the guidelines below do you want to continue to ignore as you attack my reasoning skills and education? Take it elsewhere, please.

FECC GUIDELINES:
NO:
3- Personal attacks

5- Do not fight any personal wars on this board.

6- Complete irrelevant threads or posts which may offend.

Your reasoning skills (& by default, your education) are indeed related to the topic at hand.

Not surprising that you cannot see it.

-------------------------------------

Go cry to the Mods, when you can't handle being caught out. (It's the only recourse you have, isn't it?)

All my best, "Gregory."

N8

Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:23 am

Same old nastiness from "N880EP." I see fine and I see an unpleasant person on this thread. We were supposed to be done with your type after what the forum went through. And most agree that's a good thing we've cleaned house. No tears are shed when such people are shown the door.

Finally, to get caught out posting "bad" shots of ELVIS '77? Get a grip on your priorities.

Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:35 am

Gregory Nolan Jr. wrote:Finally, to get caught out posting "bad" shots of ELVIS '77? Get a grip on your priorities.

Sadly, and so it goes, indeed.

N8

Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:40 am

Back ON-TOPIC:

EIC has an immense following and the material is already out there.

It's now just a matter of a waiting game (when EPE has a need to release the stuff).

Until then, ............ enjoy the boot footage - for it is serving its purpose, too.

N8

Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:06 am

Gregory Nolan Jr. wrote: I also hardly think the STAR set is "rubbish," not compared to the many (often entertaining) audience-shot bootleg live shows in our collections.

You seem to think we all have these sub standard bootlegs from audience recordings. Well I don't. I'm used to good quality except for EIC which was professionally shot. This is something we should be able to have in decent quality. It wasn't shot by the audience so we shouldn't have to accept this. I mean we should be able to view it on the loungeroom tele big screen. :wink:

8)

Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:40 pm

sam wrote:
Gregory Nolan Jr. wrote: I also hardly think the STAR set is "rubbish," not compared to the many (often entertaining) audience-shot bootleg live shows in our collections.

You seem to think we all have these sub standard bootlegs from audience recordings. Well I don't. I'm used to good quality except for EIC which was professionally shot. This is something we should be able to have in decent quality. It wasn't shot by the audience so we shouldn't have to accept this. I mean we should be able to view it on the loungeroom tele big screen. :wink:

8)

WHEW!! Almost missed this topic..........that was CLOSE!!!

Atta boy Sam.........I see you're defending the right as a crusader of Truth.

Anyone unaware of MY position?? Anyone?? Beuller..........Beuller??

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:45 pm

Hey scatter, nice to see you drop in!!!! :D

8)

Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:25 pm

Cryogenic wrote:I also object to Greg calling N8 the "Aristotle" of the MB (now .... Newton, Einstein or Sagan, I could possibly handle). N8 clearly knows that an applied force doesn't maintain a body's velocity, but casues a change in a body's acceleration. Tsk. :wink:

Cryo,

Agreed.

It's pretty obvious that he doesn't even know the difference between any of those fellows - otherwise, ....... he wouldn't have (yet again) erroneously applied the lame "Aristotle" label to me.

-------------------

Robt.,

Do you have any feelings / opinions on Tupelo & statues (monuments of worship to EP) ?

Just curious.

-------------------

Scatter,

If I remember correctly, ... you were a mild supporter of an EIC release?

N8

Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:00 pm

Scatter wrote:Anyone unaware of MY position?? Anyone?? Beuller..........Beuller??

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Scatter wrote:
The odd thing to me is that this footage is being treated as if we are the only ones who have seen it, and therefore we must guard it lest the general public see it.

The public has already seen it.........which renders the argument that we must protect Elvis to the level of the argument a drooling imbecile might proffer in regards to protecting his brain with a tin foil hat from the aliens.

Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:01 pm

Aristotle was good enough, but where conflict and uncertainty reigns Aquinas's via media is always a handy tool.

And where EIC is concerned thats exactly what I would like, a nicely polished, resampled and cleaned up special edition dvd, but not a general release.

I'd love to see it in excellent quality with extra features like the, rumoured, 20 minutes from Indianapolis that CBS (might have) filmed, and the interview in the garden. With a limited circulation, for the true fans - something so precious shouldn't be freely available for others to sneer and laugh at.

And cut out the fan comments: the next generation are , evidently, capable of making their own.

(But enough from me, the turkey grease is melting off my tin foil hat n staining my shirt.)

Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:47 pm

Hello Mr priestly, welcome aboard!!!
You know the only place I hear any negative things said about Elvis is on Elvis message boards by Elvis fans. I think the rest of the world has grown up and knows what's what.

:wink:

Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:04 pm

You know there is an answer to the problem of expenditure on a dvd release from FTD or whoever, it could be released as a download only. Its certainly going to be the way ahead in the industry, imo.

Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:22 pm

Would indeed, already spent about £40 getting "The CBS Tapes" and "Love Coming Down." For good cleaned up, well edited version with those extras I'd be willing to pay the equivalent of AfH and '68 with a limited edition surcharge.

Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:55 pm

N880EP wrote:
Gregory Nolan Jr. wrote:Finally, to get caught out posting "bad" shots of ELVIS '77? Get a grip on your priorities.

Sadly, and so it goes, indeed.

N8

There's nothing sad about it except for your obnoxious demeanor.

You were the one who dragged this into the personal realm by your insults.

Sam and Scatter, I honor you for your ability to use persuasion (I'm not there yet but I get what you're saying) and basic respect for a fellow fan who is merely less excited about the prospects of this being "on the streets" officially. I will be happy for those who want this set in top-quality, should it ever see fruition officially in our lifetimes.

Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:46 pm

Gregory Nolan Jr. wrote:I will be happy for those who want this set in top-quality, should it ever see fruition officially in our lifetimes.

If I were to fall asleep today and sleep for the next 100 years, upon awakening I would ask three questions.

1. Did all troops finally get out of Iraq?

2. Did my children live long, healthy and propserous lives?

3. Did they ever release the the "Elvis In Concert" footage officially?

Hopefully, I'd get a "yes" on at least the first two questions.

Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:19 am

Gregory Nolan Jr. wrote:There's nothing sad about it except for your obnoxious demeanor.

You were the one who dragged this into the personal realm by your insults.

As usual, you are missing the critical pieces to this discussion:

What is sad is the fact that your continued fallaciousness is one reason this innane discussion has continued for 16+ pages.

------------------

Enjoy.

N8

Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:00 am

Suggestion to FECC...

Since EIC debates occur monthly here at the board, perhaps all the EIC posts are stickied on top to remind future posters that the issue has been brought up from every single angle and point of view known to man-before they post.

Maybe just even have a seperate section for EIC debates? :wink:

Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:03 am

Steve_M wrote:Oh dear, then I'm unsure as to whether your answer is the same at the end as what it was at the beginning of your reply...

Oh I get ripped off all the time - its an occupational hazard of being an Elvis Fan - just spent about £40 each on some FTD books and each one of them is full of flaws, but hey its worth it to have them.
£100 was the figure I was going to pluck out of my head in my reply to your initial enquiry - but I was being cunning thinking you were a kind soul about to offer me exactly what I wanted, so didn't want to bargain myself into penury too quickly.
I'm not going to enter the "train wreck" or "triumph" debate, but personally I enjoy pathos - its so cathartic don't you find? As a fan of the aesthetic of tragedy the CBS Special in question reminds me of Balthasar's fine insight: Beauty is rarely soft or consolatory. Quite the contrary. Genuine beauty is often quite alarming.

And they can save a fortune on marketing - just a few brief posts in a few forums and I'm sure it will be a "hit." I'd buy it and so would many others, some perhaps would do so quietly and only watch it behind closed doors, but that’s ok.

Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:55 am

Rob wrote:
Gregory Nolan Jr. wrote:I will be happy for those who want this set in top-quality, should it ever see fruition officially in our lifetimes.

If I were to fall asleep today and sleep for the next 100 years, upon awakening I would ask three questions.

1. Did all troops finally get out of Iraq?

2. Did my children live long, healthy and propserous lives?

3. Did they ever release the the "Elvis In Concert" footage officially?

Hopefully, I'd get a "yes" on at least the first two questions.

Rob, there's a good chance that if you fell asleep for 100 years you would wake to find this thread still going on.

But at least you can go into that long slumber knowing Rosie O'Donnell is off The View!

Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:06 am

is this a new board record for responses?
Certainly no topic has the power and attraction to get so much discussion and debate
Rick

Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:27 am

It's getting close to the ELVIS ON TOUR petition one, as well as at least one of the Bendeth threads and a few others. But part of it is padded by all those sterling photos I put up earlier...What is the "record" 22? 23 pages?

N880EP wrote: As usual, you are missing the critical pieces to this discussion:

What is sad is the fact that your continued fallaciousness is one reason this innane discussion has continued for 16+ pages.

------------------

Enjoy.

On the contrary, it's your one-tracked obsession with declarations about an alleged"fallacy" that prolongs the conversation. Everyone else is attempting to discuss either the facts at hand about 1977's "Elvis in Concert" or their feelings toward such a project, and yet you are the one who wants to pin labels on those you disagree with, specifically me, for some odd reason.

I really wonder how such an apparent elitist (hurling conclusions about intelligence and education of fellow fans) ever came around to dig a man of the people like Elvis Presley.

It takes all kinds and it's apparent a big tent. Even William F. Buckley is said to be a latter-day Elvis fan of sorts. :D

Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:35 am

Gregory Nolan Jr. wrote:On the contrary, it's your one-tracked obsession with declarations about an alleged"fallacy" that prolongs the conversation.

Not "alleged", "Gregory."

Gregory Nolan Jr. wrote:Everyone else is attempting to discuss either the facts at hand about 1977's "Elvis in Concert" or their feelings toward such a project, and yet you are the one who wants to pin labels on those you disagree with.

My position has already been stated earlier in this thread; no more is needed.

As usual, you are still missing the point. It's got nothing to do with disagreeing or labels.

Gregory Nolan Jr. wrote:I really wonder how such an apparent elitist (hurling conclusions about intelligence and education of fellow fans) ever came around to dig a man of the people like Elvis Presley.

More fallaciousness entirely unrelated to the topic at hand.

Gregory Nolan Jr. wrote:It takes all kinds and it's apparent a big tent. Even William F. Buckley is said to be a latter-day Elvis fan of sorts.

N8....this line was removed by the administrator. No personal attacks are allowed...keep this in mind before making such comments.
--------------------

N8