All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

how's the sound on new american trilogy FTD?

Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:50 pm

how's the sound on new american trilogy FTD?

thanks!

Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:29 pm

It’s great, like a multitrack recording.

Wait a minute, it IS a multitrack recording. :lol:

Per

Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:45 pm

but you know on WFTK the songs from feb 72 (indeed all the songs on the elvis cd) sounded horrible, but on the other releases (WAMIMS, etc) they sounded great....

Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:50 pm

I wouldn’t say they sounded horrible on Writing for the King. They did, however, sound less than optimal. Lene Reidel …

Per

Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:26 am

thekingisalive wrote:I wouldn’t say they sounded horrible on Writing for the King. They did, however, sound less than optimal. Lene Reidel …

Per

So how does the sound on this new release compare to the masters we've had since 1995?

Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:08 am

frus75 wrote:
on WFTK the songs from feb 72 (indeed all the songs on the elvis cd) sounded horrible

The only SERIOUS mistake FTD have to correct is Lene Reidel. :?

Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:44 am

Nobody has this yet?

JEFF d
EAP fan

Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:58 am

Mine shipped two days ago. They should be here when I get home from work today. Unfortunately, I probably will not have a chance to listen to them until the weekend.

The first one that I'll listen to will be this one.

Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:06 am

Mine should be here today or tomorrow and, as with Rob, Golden Records II will be getting most of my attention.

Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:18 am

Mine should arrive today (tomorrow at the latest). As much as I would love to listen to both concerts right away, it’s Golden Records Vol. 2 for me too. I just love Elvis in the ’50s, especially when the King has been Buddweised. This is coming from a guy whose favorite period is Elvis in the ’70s. After listening to that golden ’50s album at least twice (both CDs), I’ll play An American Trilogy, then finally listen to the soundboard.

Per

Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:46 pm

Got my copy today. I guess the sound is good. Compared to the masters we had before...really can't say it's better or worse...

Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:58 pm

Just as long as its not worse. :oops:

JEFF d
EAP fan

Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:11 pm

It isn't worse. Didn't know by the way that Elvis had a false start when he sings "It's Impossible". He stops at 1.10 and starts over again, because he messes up the lyrics. "Ho,ho,ho, blew it, blew it, blew it, go back, go back, start over again", Elvis reacts...

Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:17 pm

No didn't know that...! That will be interesting to hear!

JEFF d
EAP fan

Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:26 pm

If it sounds the same as Burning Love CD I will be happy. I'm really looking forward to a new version of CC Rider and Proud Mary from this era. I don't know when Essential Elvis will ship but I hope I get them for the weekend - I'm off on Friday so a good opportunity to blast out the music whilst my wifes out!

Jamie

Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:28 pm

Very motivated version of "You Gave Me A Mountain". Sounds good ! I think this song was new on the tracklist that Vegas season, wasn't it ? Sound on the soundboard bonus songs is not that good...

Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:38 pm

Ton Bruins wrote:Very motivated version of "You Gave Me A Mountain". Sounds good ! I think this song was new on the tracklist that Vegas season, wasn't it ?

Yes it was.

Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:53 pm

How will you guys listen to these new releases :?:

Headphones :?:

Home stereo system :?:

or in the car/truck ... etc etc ... :?:

I'm opting for Headphones ... :wink:

Also, will some of you be playing the sound comparison game :?:

Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:00 pm

Headphones first, then home stereo system, then headphones again, and again, and again … :D

Per

Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:02 pm

I don't drive. So, I never listen in car/truck.

50,000,000 Million Elvis Fans is the only one I'm buying of this bunch. It needs to be played LOUD. Therefore, I won't be wearing headphones. Unless I'm listening late nite/early morning. Wouldn't want to disturb the neighbors.

Generally speaking I don't use headphones a lot when listening to music at home because I have to wear them so much at work.
Last edited by JerryNodak on Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

SOUND

Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:38 pm

I presume the sound of the complete sessions is superior to the many bootlegs of this material?!

Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:07 pm

"You Gave Me a Mountain" and "American Trilogy" are the highlights ! Elvis seems highly motivated to give his best here. Fantastic versions ! Those songs were new on the tracklist during this Vegas season and it shows..
On the other hand, when I count the songs that are "new" or "previously unreleased" for me: See See Rider, Proud Mary, Never Been To Spain, You Gave Me a Mountain, An American Trilogy. (5 songs) And of course the usual "throw away" versions of some great hits: Love Me, All Shook Up, Teddy Bear/Don't Be Cruel, Hound Dog and Can't Help Falling In Love. (another 5 songs) What's left are the ones we allready knew and have on several CD's: Little Sister/Get Back, It's Impossible (false start is new), It's Over, The Impossible Dream, A Big Hunk O' Love. Also the bonustracks from january 26, 1972 I allready have on the bootleg "Opening Night 1972"....I guess I am too critical again...lol.

Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:10 pm

I'm still waiting fpr my copy .... what I'm curious to know is: is there more dialogue between songs or are the tracks mixed together like they were on the 70's box!?

And WHO MASTERED THIS CD!? :shock:

Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:27 pm

On the other hand, when I count the songs that are "new" or "previously unreleased" for me: See See Rider, Proud Mary, Never Been To Spain, You Gave Me a Mountain, An American Trilogy. (5 songs) And of course the usual "throw away" versions of some great hits: Love Me, All Shook Up, Teddy Bear/Don't Be Cruel, Hound Dog and Can't Help Falling In Love. (another 5 songs) What's left are the ones we allready knew and have on several CD's: Little Sister/Get Back, It's Impossible (false start is new), It's Over, The Impossible Dream, A Big Hunk O' Love. Also the bonustracks from january 26, 1972 I allready have on the bootleg "Opening Night 1972"....I guess I am too critical again

I'm not sure about "Big Hunk" this version sounds different and the master is from 16th and the alternate master from 17th. This one supossed to be from 14th.

Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:51 pm

etp wrote:I'm still waiting fpr my copy .... what I'm curious to know is: is there more dialogue between songs or are the tracks mixed together like they were on the 70's box!?

And WHO MASTERED THIS CD!? :shock:

Almost no dialogue. Mastered by Lene Reidel.