All this materials EXIST but Not To Be Found !!

All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

CHRISTIAN M

Post by CHRISTIAN M »

DJL wrote:Christian wrote:
"I have hear that concerning Atlanta and pittsburgh dec 1976
but at this time for me this is rumor
i don t have listed rumors or wish in this"

Christian,
Is this professional footage or 8mm footage you have heard rumored?
DJL
HI DJL
We are on professional footage topic
do think i have a brain trouble,i m fan and Elvis collector since 1977
they are not confusion between super 8 fans and pro shoot
how can you aske if i have heard rumor of fans footage from Atlanta or Pittsburg dec 1976 :shock:

Christian M

BUY TOP PRICE , AND TRADE ALL UNEDITED OR RARE ELVIS FOOTAGE SEND ME PM !!!

Topic author

Post by Guest »

Thats what I was going to say. Everybody knows about the 8mm footage. :D

DJL

Post by DJL »

My apologizes Christian, I was confused man. I was thinking there is a lot of 8mm footage already of both of these shows.

Even though it's a rumor, that would be really impressive to see professional footage from either of these shows.

Thanks for the clarification man.
DJL

CHRISTIAN M

Post by CHRISTIAN M »

DJL wrote:My apologizes Christian, I was confused man. I was thinking there is a lot of 8mm footage already of both of these shows.

Even though it's a rumor, that would be really impressive to see professional footage from either of these shows.

Thanks for the clarification man.
DJL
YOU R WELCOME :wink:

Christian M

BUY TOP PRICE , AND TRADE ALL UNEDITED OR RARE ELVIS FOOTAGE SEND ME PM !!!

Topic author
MattC

Post by MattC »

The last screenshots are all on the the king masters vol. 1 and 2 I believe. I have those and they are taken directly from the master tapes...

Spanish_Eyes

Post by Spanish_Eyes »

I think we're dealing here with a matter more of wishful thinking than of reality. To support this, is the fact that most of the alleged pro footage covers some of the peaks in Elvis career (1969k, Feb 1970, Sept 1970, MSG, Memphis '74, Dec '76). Not to descredit you guys, but most of the prooves you have shown is "a reliable source told me". As an Elvis gospel number says "Seeing is believing", so that's my point here.

londonflash

Post by londonflash »

Spanish_Eyes wrote:I think we're dealing here with a matter more of wishful thinking than of reality. To support this, is the fact that most of the alleged pro footage covers some of the peaks in Elvis career (1969k, Feb 1970, Sept 1970, MSG, Memphis '74, Dec '76). Not to descredit you guys, but most of the prooves you have shown is "a reliable source told me". As an Elvis gospel number says "Seeing is believing", so that's my point here.
I tend to agree. A couple of collectors have told me that pro footage from Boston '71 does exist, but that is not confirmation as I have not seen it personally. Unless you've seen this footage, it's just a myth, an unsubstantiated rumour. I mean, all one has to do is say "this concert was filmed professionally" and there are gullible people who will believe it and spread the "news". Just check out the response to Keith Richards Jr's earlier post! Soon these rumours become "fact" in the eyes of many!

Regarding the Feb '70 film; why was this filmed? I've heard people say it was done by MGM as a test for their return in August, but was "That's The Way It Is" even in the planning stages then? I always thought the film only came about when a closed-circuit performance deal fell through. On George Klein's video, there's a few seconds of Elvis in one of the Feb '70 suits, presumably from Vegas or the Astrodome, but it could be high quality audience film.

Christian, perhaps if you could clarify what is rumour and what you know is fact (ie from having seen the footage), your claims might hold more water. For example, what organisations filmed certain shows and why? As we say in England, the proof of the pudding is in the taste. You've brought the cake to the table, but that's about it.

I admit that some are quite plausible; MGM were certainly filming at the Hilton in August '72, so you might think they shot some live action, although nothing appeared with all the other "On Tour" outtakes. I've heard the claim that Japanese TV filmed Elvis in November '72, as we all have, but where is the film? Why hasn't this, or any of the other material mentioned, ever surfaced? You'd think after all this time, such film would have snuck out from somewhere, like all the audio that's been bootlegged.

I can see why they might have filmed Memphis '74and Jackson '75, but I can see why they might've filmed Memphis and Hawaii '61 and they did neither.

Another query is I've never heard fans saying they saw unseen live footage on the TV during this period - are you saying all this was filmed, yet no one recalls seeing any of it?

Re: Memphis '74 - why film an entire show with two cameras if the results were not intended for broadcast?

I hope my ramblings make some sort of sense. I guess what I'm trying to say is it's all very well to say x and x and x might exist, but where's the evidence?

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

Topic author
thekingisalive

Post by thekingisalive »

Just one comment to what you just wrote, londonflash. There is footage from Hawaii ’61, although it may just be the arrival that was filmed.

Per

londonflash

Post by londonflash »

You're quite right, Per, there is film of Elvis getting off the plane and walking away with all the leis piling up around his neck, although I was thinking more about the concert.

It's a shame that Paramount didn't use one of their cameras!

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

DarrylMac

Post by DarrylMac »

Londonflash - the Hawaii Nov 72 footage has surfaced, and been seen. It's been on youtube from time to time, although with it being on the internet, in less sharp quality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWLBML1HkP8&mode=related&search=

Also, the Aug 72 vegas footage has been shown in a news item from the time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeP3h1FnHqQ

It's there if you look for it!
Last edited by DarrylMac on Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Topic author

Post by Guest »

The set I'm offering has all 5 songs recorded in the best quality - that you can get really. So anybody who wants those get in touch :D

Topic author

Post by Guest »

Here are some screen shots.

londonflash

Post by londonflash »

Daryl,

Great stuff! Thanks for the links. Definitely something to investigate.

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

Topic author

Post by Guest »

Great,

Topic author

Post by Guest »

I just wish they filmed more than five songs :(. However we still have the footage on the Blue Hawaii 72 DVD. :D

karlos

Post by karlos »

omnipresence wrote:I just wish they filmed more than five songs :(. However we still have the footage on the Blue Hawaii 72 DVD. :D

you are absolutely right omnipresence - this is a great dvd aint it , with Hawaiian footage - i have this in my collection - one of my fav,. years from the 70s . :wink:

Topic author

Post by Guest »

Topic author

Post by Guest »

That isnt the DVD were talking about. The cover you posted is from a different DVD. Allthough it is the same footage, I've heard its in worse quality, with inferior sound on that DVD. :P However that DVD has the pro footage on it which could be a redeeming factor. :wink:

Rich_TCB

Post by Rich_TCB »

Wow - I've never seen this clip before ... MSG.

Rich

ImageImageImage

DJL

Post by DJL »

Wow awesome clip Rich. I'm wondering is this actually pro footage or shot by 8mm cameras? If it's professional, why is it so grainy like 8mm?

Thanks,
DJL

Susan

Post by Susan »

x- generation copy + during making the files size smaller for youtube you loose a big amout of quality, too

Topic author

Post by Guest »

I hope EPE will do an anthology at some point, it’s long overdue!

midnightx

Post by midnightx »

Rockin Rebel wrote:I hope EPE will do an anthology at some point, it’s long overdue!
They have been working on it.

Topic author

Post by Guest »

That is 8mm footage. Theres about 3 angles of footage from that show :wink:

Susan

Post by Susan »

the footage has been taken by NBC back in 1972 for their news.