All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Re: All this materials EXIST but Not To Be Found !!

Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:49 pm

Ciscoking wrote:
alstrada wrote:
-JULY 31 1969 "LAS VEGAS" APPROXIMATELY 12 TO 15 MINUTED OF THIS PERFORMANCE WAS FILMED BY NBC. ALTHOUGH IT IS RUMOURED THAT THE BOOTLEG RELEASE OF THIS SHOW IS TAKEN FROM FILM FOOTAGE WHICH WOULD INDICATE THE WHOLE SHOW WAS FILMED (UNCOMFIRMED)



Which bootleg are we talking about..??


Don't want to offend anyone, but he's talking bullsh#t. Does anyone really believes that pro footage of 1969 - filmed by NBC - would'nt have seen the light by now? Or at least it would have been confirmed that it was filmed?

Joern

Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:56 pm

That’s right, Joern. That show has never been out on bootleg.

Per

Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:56 pm

I wouldnt be too quick to criticize. I've seen 2 of the things on his list... Madison and Opening night 1972. Its definatelly possible that others on the list are out there.
As for the 1969 footage the 12-15 minutes of footage has supposadly been confirmed but weather or not the whole show was hasnt been confirmed.
I didnt think there was a bootleg either. Theres one that is entitled opening night 69 but isnt in fact from that night. So if we're to believe that there is footage of the opening night 1969 it must only be 12-15 mins.
Last edited by Guest on Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:57 pm

Keep in mind stuff can be in private hands..
I don't really care about these kind of rumours though.

Seeing is believing.

Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:58 pm

The problem with this list is that it is a wish list, not a list of stuff that actually exists...

This list was posted about a year ago over at Jordan's Elvis World, I have copied Jordan's excellent response and paste it here, hope that is alright with him.

Link to the post on Jordan's Elvis World is: http://jordans-elvis-world.com/forum/index.php?topic=388.0

(Note from Jordan: I decided to go thru this "author's" list. And add factual comments next to each of his/her entries. And as you will see, virtually NONE of it exists!)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

March 05 1955, The Louisiana Hayride TV Show ----- (Definitely Does Not Exist)

March 14 1955, The Town & Country Jubilee ----- (Definitely Does Not Exist)

March 19 1955, The Grand Prize Saturday Night Jamboree ----- (Definitely Does Not Exist)

May 25 1955, The Meridian Mississippi Parade ----- (Doesn't exist, no way, no how)

May 31 1955, The Roy Orbison Show ----- (Rumored to exist, but said owner of this footage now claims he never had it)

June ? 1955, Lubbock Fair Park (Colour) ----- (Highly Unlikely)

October 20 1955, Cleveland Brooklyn High School (Colour) ----- (Parts may exist. But won't be released anytime soon)
(This was filmed by Universal Pictures)

March 26 to 28 1956 - PARAMOUNT STUDIO SCREEN TEST ----- (The Rainmaker screen test was destroyed)
"The Rainmaker" + "Blue Suede Shoes" (Colour)

April 23 TO May 06 1956 - The New Frontier, Las Vegas ----- (Only small fragments exist. No complete shows were filmed. The technology didn't exist back then)

May 15 1956 - Ellis Auditorium, Memphis. ----- (Definitely Doesn't Exist)

July 04 1956 - Russwood Park, Memphis (Colour) ----- (Definitely Doesn't Exist)

July 12 to 16 1956 - Candid Footage ----- (Snippets exist of this footage. And it is real)
Filmed in Biloxi, Mississippi (Colour)

September 26 1956 - Tupelo Mississippi Fairground ----- (Small clips exist. Nothing earth shattering)

October 11 to 13 1956 - Candid Footage ----- (about 20 minutes total exist. Shaky Camera)
Filmed at Eddie Fadals Home (Colour)

November 25 1956 = Louisville, Kentucky ----- (Definitely Doesn't Exist)
Local Louiseville TV Show

December 15 1956 - Louisiana Hayride ----- (Definitely Doesn't Exist)
Show and Backstage Footage (Colour and B/W)

December 31 1956 - The Holiday Hop ----- (Definitely Doesn't Exist)
This was for Dewey Philips TV Show "POP SHOP"

April 01 1957 - Buffalo, NY. ----- (Definitely Doesn't Exist)
The Memorial Auditorium

April 02 1957 - Toronto, Canada ----- (Definitely Doesn't Exist)
Local Toronto TV Show

March 28 1957 - Chicago ----- (Portions of the show were filmed. Silent. Horrid quality)
Police filmed the whole show at the Chicago Amphitheater

September 20 1957 - Memphis, Tennessee ----- (Definitely Doesn't Exist)
Appeared on WKNO TV to promote driver education

June 20th to 29th 1968 - NBC ----- (Exists.. As can be seen on the DVD set.)
At least 6 hours of out-takes from the NBC TV Special

June 24th & 25th 1968 - NBC ----- (Definitely Doesn't Exist)
Home movie footage of Elvis jamming in his dressing room

January & February 1969 - Memphis ----- (Only 3 minutes total exists, silent)
Footage of Elvis recording at the American Studios in Memphis

July 31st 1969 - Las Vegas ----- (Definitely Doesn't Exist. Wasn't filmed by NBC. Wasn't used on bootleg CD)
Approximately 12 to 15 minutes of this performance was filmed by NBC.
Although it is rumoured that the bootleg release of this show is taken from film footage which
would indicate the whole show was filmed (unconfirmed).

August 5th 1969 - Las Vegas----- (Definitely Doesn't Exist)
From my sources, it appears that only 3 to 5 songs were filmed from this show.

February 17th, 18th 1970 - Las Vegas----- (Definitely Doesn't Exist)
There were THREE complete concerts filmed over 2 days + one rehearsal

February 27th 1970 - Houston Astrodome ----- (Definitely Doesn't Exist)
The Opening show was filmed in it's entirety

* Filming for MGM's "That's The Way It Is"----- (Most of the TTWII footage listed below exists in one way or another)
July 14 1970 - MGM stage 1 Culver city (Rehearsal) *
July 29 1970 - MGM stage 1 Culver city (Rehearsal) *
August 4 1970 - Las Vegas International hotel press conference room (Rehearsal) *
August 6/7 1970 - Las Vegas International hotel showroom (Rehearsal) *
August 10 1970 - Las Vegas International hotel showroom (Rehearsal) *
August 10 1970 - Las Vegas International hotel Opening Show + After Show party *
August 11 1970 - Las Vegas International hotel DS *
August 11 1970 - Las Vegas International hotel MS *
August 12 1970 - Las Vegas International hotel DS *
August 12 1970 - Las Vegas International hotel MS *
August 13 1970 - Las Vegas International hotel DS *----- (Incomplete)
August 14 1970 - Las Vegas International hotel DS *----- (Incomplete)
August 15 1970 - Las Vegas International hotel DS *----- (Incomplete)
September 9 1970 - Phoenix Veteran memorial coliseum *----- (Only the audience was filmed. No sound)

August 9th 1971 - Las Vegas----- (Definitely Doesn't Exist)
At least 7 performances were filmed during this concert

November 10th 1971 - Boston M.A.----- (Definitely Doesn't Exist)
This show was filmed in it's entirety

January 26th 1972 - Las Vegas----- (Definitely Doesn't Exist)
2 Cameras filmed Elvis' opening night

** Filming for MGM's "Elvis On Tour"----- (Most of the below footage exists in one form or another)
March 30 1972 - RCA Hollywood studio **
Filmed with MGM film cameras

March 31 1972 - RCA Hollywood studio **
Filmed with MGM film cameras

April 05 1972 - Buffalo N.Y Hotel conference room **
Filmed with MGM film cameras

April 05 1972 (8:30 pm). - Buffalo, NY. **
Filmed using a mobile video camera

April 9 1972 - Hampton, VA. (2 concerts) **
Filmed with MGM film cameras

April 10 1972 (8:30 pm) - Richmond, VA **
Filmed with MGM film cameras

April 13 1972 (8:30 pm). - Charlotte, NC. **
Filmed with MGM film cameras

April 14 1972. (8:30 pm). - Greensboro, NC. **
Filmed with MGM film cameras

April 16 1972. - Jacksonville, FL. (2 concerts) **
+ after show filmed with MGM film cameras

April 18 1972. (8:30 pm) - San Antonio, TX. **
Filmed with MGM film cameras

June 09 1972 - Madison Square Garden, NY ----- (Definitely Doesn't Exist in Pro form. News crew used amatuer film cameras.)


November 18 1972 - The H.I.C. Arena, Honolulu, Hawaii ----- (Fan shot film is all that exists)
At least 4 songs were filmed during this show

January 26 1973 - Las Vegas ----- (Definitely Doesn't Exist)
A minimum of 7 songs from this concert is on film and in the hands of a collector

May 11 1974 - The Forum, L.A. ----- (Definitely Doesn't Exist)
The evening show was filmed in it's entirety

March 20 1974 - Midsouth Coliseum, Memphis, Tn ----- (Definitely Doesn't Exist)
2 cameras filmed this show. Camera 1 caught only the first 8 minutes but Camera 2 captured
an estimated 95% of the entire concert.

May 05 1975 - State Fair Coliseum, Jackson Ms ----- (Definitely Doesn't Exist)
Local TV filmed backstage and parts of this benefit concert for the victims of the Tornado that
hit Jackson, Mississippi.

July 13 1975 - Convention Center, Niagara Falls, NY. ----- (Definitely Doesn't Exist)
New York TV cameras filmed at least 4 songs from this show

November 30 1976 - Anaheim Convention Center, Anaheim, CA ----- (Definitely Doesn't Exist)
2 mobile video cameras on tripods caught this entire show on film

June 17 1977 - Southwest Mo. State Univ, Springfield, MO ----- (Definitely Doesn't Exist)
CBS used 2 mobile video cameras for this performance in preparation for the full camera crew.

June 19 1977 - Omaha Civic Center. Omaha, NE. ----- (The concert exists. But nothing after the concert.)
CBS filmed before, during and after this concert

June 21 1977 - Mount Rushmore, Rapid City, SD. ----- (The concert exists. As well as pre-show.... But nothing after the concert.)
CBS filmed before, during and after this concert

June 26 1977 - Market Square Arena, Indianapolis, IN. ----- (Definitely Doesn't Exist. EPE does NOT have this in their archives. Nobody has the complete show. PERIOD!!)
The CBS camera team filmed Elvis' final concert of this tour on 2 cameras, around 20 minutes
this footage are in the EPE archives and a full copy of the show is in privates hands.

June ?? 1977 - Graceland (unconfirmed) ----- (Definitely Doesn't Exist. This is a long going rumor. This footage does not exist at all on the CBS mastertapes, or on the location film schedule. Vernon was the only one filmed at Graceland. Both in June/July '77 and again in September '77 to give his "Thanks" message)
One collector says that he has footage of Elvis sitting by the pool at Graceland being
interviewed by the CBS team.

I hope that you have enjoyed this list and your mouth is watering at the knowledge that this
footage all exists out there and is just waiting to be released to the fans around the world.
I will continue my hunt for more professional Elvis footage so until then....Adios
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SO as you can see.. Almost all of the footage this person claims to exist DOES NOT. And I am postive about what I wrote above. Again, hate to be the party pooper. But I don't like the idea of someone giving folks false hope for material that never existed, or has been destroyed throughout the years.
Jordan

Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:01 pm

Its probably true that not all the footage exists. But we allready know that some does.

Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:20 pm

Thanks Tampa, you have really cheered me up. :cry:

At least Father Christmas exists or is that just another rumour??

Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:24 pm

:wink:

Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:26 pm

omnipresence wrote:I wouldnt be too quick to criticize. I've seen 2 of the things on his list... Madison and Opening night 1972. Its definatelly possible that others on the list are out there.
As for the 1969 footage the 12-15 minutes of footage has supposadly been confirmed but weather or not the whole show was hasnt been confirmed.
I didnt think there was a bootleg either. Theres one that is entitled opening night 69 but isnt in fact from that night. So if we're to believe that there is footage of the opening night 1969 it must only be 12-15 mins.


What's the quality of the Madison and Open Night 1972 footage you have seen? Keep in mind that the video from Houston 71 looks very crisp, but it's amateur.

Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:51 pm

Hav-A-Tampa wrote::wink:


Thanks Tampa

I thought The Footage I have was from Houston Astrodome.....I can now see it was from Phoenix Memorial.

Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:52 pm

omnipresence wrote:Its probably true that not all the footage exists. But we allready know that some does.


Any chance You can post us some stills from Your Footage. I know How Good You Young ones are with Computers.

Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:56 pm

Spanish_Eyes wrote:
omnipresence wrote:I wouldnt be too quick to criticize. I've seen 2 of the things on his list... Madison and Opening night 1972. Its definatelly possible that others on the list are out there.
As for the 1969 footage the 12-15 minutes of footage has supposadly been confirmed but weather or not the whole show was hasnt been confirmed.
I didnt think there was a bootleg either. Theres one that is entitled opening night 69 but isnt in fact from that night. So if we're to believe that there is footage of the opening night 1969 it must only be 12-15 mins.


What's the quality of the Madison and Open Night 1972 footage you have seen? Keep in mind that the video from Houston 71 looks very crisp, but it's amateur.


I've seen Houston 71 and I know what you mean, but when you see pro you just know its pro :) There's no doubt in my mind. The Madison footage uses a massive joom and the quality is amazing. The same for opening night 72 also its from a news report with footage from inside the Hilton and the actuall show... I'll post some stills in a couple of minutes. Just need to get the footage first.

Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:15 pm

It's a nice "wishlist" :D

Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:19 pm

I've never posted images before so I hope this works. Sorry if they come out too big :?
The first ones are from June 9th Madison Square Garden. Ive included a far shot to show you how far the camera could zoom. Also a couple of shots of the crowd.
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

Now for the opening night shots - although I have a sneaking suspicion they're from September 4th. And there's no mention of footage from the 4th on the list but I think I'm right. I'll let you decide. These were from a news report that lasts 7 mins approx.

Image
Image
Image
Image
Sorry for taking so long to upload these. My Internet borke half way through and I had to start again.

Anyway Enjoy the snapshots :D.

Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:25 pm

Good God Ryan

Where did You Get this Footage.

The Bottom one I am Familiar with it is A News Report, I posted one from Youtube on a Earlier thread, also on A Disc Called Special Moments.

That top one Blows Me Away.

You say You are 14...is this Yours or Your Mum's?

AMAZING.

Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:31 pm

This is all mine. I'm a much bigger fan than my mum, in terms of collecting.

I got this footage from a 3DVD set featuring all 1972 footage - remasterd. Much better than the Crown Live sets.
The DVD's last 6 hours and has great 8mm footage and as you can see... this great pro footage. I dont think we're allowed to discuss dvd's on the forum are we?
Send me a PM if you want to discuss the DVD's, maybe we could sort something out if you want to have a set. :D They have some very rare stuff on them.

Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:35 pm

Keith Richards, Jr. wrote:Interesting list. I can spot only one error - you forgot the recording session he did with Bob Dylan in 1971. Three hours are known to exist in private hands.

Keith Richards, Jr.


This is the controversial session where Presley and Dylan laid down the Don't Think Twice It's Alright track. Dylan's vocals where infamously removed from the final mix that featured on Presley’s 1973 album "Elvis" as a retaliatory tactic due to a publishing disagreement between Dylan and Tom Diskin. A feud that lasted for 5 years Dylan and Presley finally put their differences to rest when they appeared together onstage during Elvis’ return engagement at Madison Square Garden on May 24th, 1976.

Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:47 pm

omnipresence wrote:This is all mine. I'm a much bigger fan than my mum, in terms of collecting.

I got this footage from a 3DVD set featuring all 1972 footage - remasterd. Much better than the Crown Live sets.
The DVD's last 6 hours and has great 8mm footage and as you can see... this great pro footage. I dont think we're allowed to discuss dvd's on the forum are we?
Send me a PM if you want to discuss the DVD's, maybe we could sort something out if you want to have a set. :D They have some very rare stuff on them.


Yes You Can Say the Name....If it's not allowed it will be Censored Anyway Ryan.

Hurry though I think Everyone May want A Copy :wink:

Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:49 pm

Anybody who wants a copy please PM me - :D. Really good DVD set. I'm happy to answer any questions and provide a list of all footage on the 3DVD's via PM :D

Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:55 pm

Matthew wrote:
Keith Richards, Jr. wrote:Interesting list. I can spot only one error - you forgot the recording session he did with Bob Dylan in 1971. Three hours are known to exist in private hands.

Keith Richards, Jr.


This is the controversial session where Presley and Dylan laid down the Don't Think Twice It's Alright track. Dylan's vocals where infamously removed from the final mix that featured on Presley’s 1973 album "Elvis" as a retaliatory tactic due to a publishing disagreement between Dylan and Tom Diskin. A feud that lasted for 5 years Dylan and Presley finally put their differences to rest when they appeared together onstage during Elvis’ return engagement at Madison Square Garden on May 24th, 1976.


Very Interesting Matthew,

Is there Anything out there on this Date?

Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:03 am

the first screen captures from madison 9 juni ´72 is from this footage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sThhBPhl8bA

its start 30 sec in to this clip that is running for 3,57 min


thanks to tcbhome for posting this at youtube

Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:06 am

thats right, however the dvd he used is different from the one I am offering. Mine uses all 1972 footage great quality, and the DVD's he posts videos from are mainly montages. Check out his other clips.

Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:08 am

LittleDarlin wrote:
Matthew wrote:
Keith Richards, Jr. wrote:Interesting list. I can spot only one error - you forgot the recording session he did with Bob Dylan in 1971. Three hours are known to exist in private hands.

Keith Richards, Jr.


This is the controversial session where Presley and Dylan laid down the Don't Think Twice It's Alright track. Dylan's vocals where infamously removed from the final mix that featured on Presley’s 1973 album "Elvis" as a retaliatory tactic due to a publishing disagreement between Dylan and Tom Diskin. A feud that lasted for 5 years Dylan and Presley finally put their differences to rest when they appeared together onstage during Elvis’ return engagement at Madison Square Garden on May 24th, 1976.



Very Interesting Matthew,

Is there Anything out there on this Date?

i got an audience recording on a cassette from that engagement, unfortunately in very bad quality. dylan sings a short version of "mr. tambourine man" on it, while elvis joins him in the refrain. as i said, quality is lousy, one can make him hardly out. not something i listen to quite often, but it´s nice to have for it´s rarity.

Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:17 am

LittleDarlin wrote:Out of that List the only one I believe is The Houston Astrodome one as Part of TTWII.
It is boring after 2 hours of really nothing but looking oujt the window and watching crowd gathering,traffic...

Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:20 am

The 8mm footage of the astrodome is more interesting. :P