All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Wed May 09, 2007 3:02 pm

Elvis_Priestly wrote:
Mike S wrote:Elvis_Priestly wrote:
The problem with "logical extension" is that sometimes you end with a non sequitur falling foul of the fallacy of undistributed middle

I do apologise, I didn't realise English wasn't your first language.

The O.E.D. and A.C. Grayling An Introduction to Philosophical Logic will help.

Nunc est bibendum.

Wed May 09, 2007 3:53 pm

Rosas Fudi. Per aspera ad astra.

Kuenzer, thanks for the tip. I will try to order my FTD's there next time.

Wed May 09, 2007 10:05 pm

The more I look and listen to this project the more I appreciate it. Yes some of the pics are out of focus but generally those pictures are just used as a background picture or a wallpaper to showcase the other photos giving it a more "artsy" feel for me... true this soundboard included is not the best soundboard of all time, but it is the only soundboard from the May 1974 tour that I am aware of. Its still very listenable at any rate. The eagle jumpsuit he wears in LA is also my favorite suit of his from the 70s. 8)

JEFF d
Heart fan

Wed May 09, 2007 11:56 pm

I just got mine today and I must say that Im more than pleased with the book. Some amazing shots of Elvis in the Eagle suit and The Indian Feather in 1976. Yes, there are some blurred and grainy pictures but that doesnt detract from the overall experience, and as Jeff D said, those out of focus pictures are most used as background. Also, I think Ernst tried to offer us as many pictures as possible from the main show and even if they are not the best quality, Is always nice to see it in the right context.
As an huge fan of the 70´s, I found this book "heaven sent" and it will take a "Concert-era" book/CD project to top this in my favorites list.
Thank you very much Ernst & CO.

Off to listen the soundboard now...

Sergio Luiz

Mon May 14, 2007 9:33 am

ROB Wrote:
The best part is that they are still optional. While not my favorite FTD by a long shot, how fortunate we are to have this (and others like it) in our collections.

I absolutely agree with you Rob ...

I listened to the LIVE IN LA soundboard for the first time this afternoon and I was impressed. I sincerely did not think that the sonic quality and content were going to live up to my expectations.

I was wrong and now I will make the purchase. we are lucky to have these type releases, aren't we :?:

Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:42 pm

Received my copy today, better late than never... :lol:

First reaction I am pleased,
Lots of pictures I have not seen before, which makes
it worth while for me....

Granted I'm a little disappointed about some of the
blurry pictures, however overall there are enough
goods ones that make up for the bad ones.....

As far as the show goes, well what can be said it's
Elvis in 74', he appears to be in good spirits and that's
all that matter's....

Sound wise I am pleased....

Would most be happy with what they get here?

I would like to think so... :wink:

PEP 8)