All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Anyone got Live in L.A. Yet?

Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:25 am

Mine should be Here Tomorrow as they have taken Money for it Today, but has Anyone Got theirs Yet?

Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:55 am

Not yet. Mine is supposed to be shipped on or around April 16th. I'm very much looking forward to it as well as the other two new FTD's.

Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:49 am

I'm still undecided if I should get the "LA" book.

I'm very curious to hear Rob's oppinion on it (the CD, mainly) before I buy it.

Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:28 pm

from elvisnews.com:

Although the initial release of the FTD Spring Package was announced for April 1st, the delivery has been delayed. According to the most recent information, all the books, 2CDs and live CDs will be sent out as of April 10, 2007.

Source: Email / Updated: Apr 4, 2007

Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:59 pm

Thomas wrote:I'm very curious to hear Rob's oppinion on it (the CD, mainly) before I buy it.

You don't need my opinion on this. Get it by all means.

Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:35 pm

Rob wrote:
Thomas wrote:I'm very curious to hear Rob's oppinion on it (the CD, mainly) before I buy it.

You don't need my opinion on this. Get it by all means.


That's right. This release looks cool to say the least. The only thing that can ruin it is another sound disaster (see "Where No One Stands Alone"). But hopefully FTD won't let that happen again.

Keith Richards, Jr.

Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:35 pm

Thanks for the New Date.

On My Pre-Order Invoice it said Payment will be taken When Item is Despatched that's why I thought it was on it's way.

Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:16 pm

I can't wait for American Trilogy...very curious to the sound on that.

Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:15 am

I won't get "Amercian Trilogy" because my main focus is on CD's that contain a full show.

Concerning the book I'm a bit worried by the term "informal" soundboard recording.

Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:21 am

Keith Richards, Jr. wrote:
Rob wrote:
Thomas wrote:I'm very curious to hear Rob's oppinion on it (the CD, mainly) before I buy it.

You don't need my opinion on this. Get it by all means.


That's right. This release looks cool to say the least. The only thing that can ruin it is another sound disaster (see "Where No One Stands Alone"). But hopefully FTD won't let that happen again.

Keith Richards, Jr.

Or a substandard show from 1974.

cant wait

Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:22 am

I can't afford all three at the moment so I'm leaving the book/CD for now but I'm hoping the reviews will be good as I've long thought this short tour may have seen Elvis in an energetic/focused mood.

American Trilogy has long been one I've been waiting for. Elvis is so focused at this point and the songs released to date sound great. I hope the sound quality is as good as the BMG releases for this Vegas season. I'm the opposite to Thomas I would sooner have the best Elvis stuff available rather tha the same show over and over. Hence Southern Nights and Spring Tours are great releases to me - better tha the equavalent concerts for the same tours IMO (although I buy them also).

cheers Jamie

Sat Apr 07, 2007 1:43 am

Thomas wrote:I won't get "Amercian Trilogy" because my main focus is on CD's that contain a full show.

Concerning the book I'm a bit worried by the term "informal" soundboard recording.


Informal means a direct 2-track recording to tape...like many of the FTD soundboards and boots...in other words, not a multitrack recording, like the '72 disc coming out this month is.

Axe

Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:48 pm

Hi y'all,

I'd gladly share the latest update about Live in L.A. with you all:


I don't have my copy yet ;)

Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:51 pm

not a multitrack recording, like the '72 disc coming out this month is.


Axe, the majority of the American Trilogy CD is multitrack, with the addition of some soundbaord tracks at the end, to give an impression of a show. I'd rather have had more multitracks, even if it meant duplicates, but hey, you can't have everything!

Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:13 pm

DarrylMac wrote:
not a multitrack recording, like the '72 disc coming out this month is.


Axe, the majority of the American Trilogy CD is multitrack, with the addition of some soundbaord tracks at the end, to give an impression of a show. I'd rather have had more multitracks, even if it meant duplicates, but hey, you can't have everything!


That's right, and I agree that I'd be eevn more excited about the disc if it were all multitrack...or even if the soundboard tracks they added as filler wasn't from something that's already been out on import!
Though it will be interesting to see if these 'bonus' tracks will sound better that the import...as I recall the mix was weird on this disc, whereas some of the orchestra and maybe the Sweets were very low in the mix, or not audible at all...it was kind of a stripped down sound to me and I do like that idea!

Axe

Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:11 am

ShopElvis is shipping the "Live In L.A." book/cd package.

I received a confirmation e-mail from them today.

Rich

Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:15 am

Yes, suprisingly, Shop Elvis shipped all three new FTD CDs today! Now, considering how they pack things, keep your fingers crossed that they'll arrive safely!

Mystery Train

Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:26 am

MysteryTrain wrote:Yes, suprisingly, Shop Elvis shipped all three new FTD CDs today! Now, considering how they pack things, keep your fingers crossed that they'll arrive safely!

Mystery Train


Tell me about it. They definately need to improve in that department.

At least this time, AT LAST, they finally fixed the Elvis Visa card problem, and I was able to get the 10% discount.

Rich

Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:44 pm

Yippee.... I got it, Thanks Now Dig This...Top Notch Service.

I haven't Listened to the CD properly Yet ( Hubby been on Night's so can't play it Loud) but From What I have heard Sound is Awesome. I am busy looking at all the STUNNING Photo's in the Book........it's just jam packed with photo's, Some Beautiful Publicity shots from the 50's at The Beginning too.

This is One Book that Won't be going on The Bookshelf. It looks much more Expensive than it was so will be put on Show.

FTD....Thank You Very Much :D

Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:53 pm

hey Littledarlin'....I'm very corious about your avatar :)
from which year is it and from where??
thanks, Ale :)

Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:56 pm

Got my book this morning and had a quick look through and found that 70% of the photos are out of focus!(or is it just my eyes?). There are some great shots in it (I like the Elvis and Charlie shots on pg 84 & 85), but on the whole I think its poor. Yet to listen to the CD.

Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:58 pm

ale wrote:hey Littledarlin'....I'm very corious about your avatar :)
from which year is it and from where??
thanks, Ale :)


Isn't it COOOL Ale!!!

It was taken in June 68 at Western Recorders.

Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:12 pm

Smudge wrote:Got my book this morning and had a quick look through and found that 70% of the photos are out of focus!(or is it just my eyes?). There are some great shots in it (I like the Elvis and Charlie shots on pg 84 & 85), but on the whole I think its poor. Yet to listen to the CD.


I found a Couple of what I would call ''blurry'' one's Smudge but that's about it. The other's MORE than make up for it I think.

Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:26 pm

thanks Littledarlin' :)
is one of the rarest pics of E I have ever seen!!
Ale

Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:07 pm

Good show , Elvis in a good mood.
Average soundboard , bass upfront like the Tahoe 74 records.
Last edited by elvis1977br on Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:58 am, edited 1 time in total.