All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:29 am

Brian Quinn wrote:No. The media would crucify him. We do not need the drugs issue brought up all again.

Brian :(

I'm afraid Brian, that whenever the topic of Elvis is raised, the issue of drugs is omnipresent. Always has, always will. That particular horse has been flogged to death.
Whitewashing does not change facts. In fact it pisses me off. Elvis should not be a marketable commodity, he was a decent human who brought (still brings), happiness to millions, even at a time when he was ill and in the grips of drug addiction.
Could this release be more harmful to EP's professional reputation than:

Image Image Image

Image Image Image
Image Image

Hardly likely.

Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:28 pm

Lew Nyack wrote:
Brian Quinn wrote:No. The media would crucify him. We do not need the drugs issue brought up all again.

Brian :(

I'm afraid Brian, that whenever the topic of Elvis is raised, the issue of drugs is omnipresent. Always has, always will. That particular horse has been flogged to death.
Whitewashing does not change facts. In fact it pisses me off. Elvis should not be a marketable commodity, he was a decent human who brought (still brings), happiness to millions, even at a time when he was ill and in the grips of drug addiction.
Could this release be more harmful to EP's professional reputation than:

Image Image Image

Image Image Image
Image Image

Hardly likely.

Lew, I understand where you are coming from. Personally I love the CBS Special, apart from Elvis' appearance, his voice on some of the songs is outstanding. I also agree that the EPE merchandise is embarrassing but I have had enough of the drug criticism to last a lifetime. It was a REAL tragedy for this to happen to someone with so much talent.

Brian

Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:02 pm

Brian Quinn wrote:Lew, I understand where you are coming from. Personally I love the CBS Special, apart from Elvis' appearance, his voice on some of the songs is outstanding. I also agree that the EPE merchandise is embarrassing but I have had enough of the drug criticism to last a lifetime. It was a REAL tragedy for this to happen to someone with so much talent.

Brian

Thanks for the reply Brian, but to damn these performances on appearance alone is a very superficial judgement to make and any critque of these performances that hinges it's criticism on this one aspect is not worth a bucket of warm piss.

Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:13 pm

Delboy wrote:WOW! I was hoping for a reaction but never expected this!!!!

Reuters 26th March 2007

CBS – ELVIS IN CONCERT

EPE / Sillerman Enterprises are delighted to announce the long awaited release of Elvis Presley’s final television spectacular! The 1977 CBS special ‘Elvis in Concert’ will be released on June 19th 2007. Robert Sillerman announced “Due to overwhelming public demand, and several threads on the FECC message board, we are delighted to announce the release of this historic TV special. Exactly 30 years to the day the special was filmed (well part of it anyway), it will finally be in the shops.” The DVD will contain the following:

• The full, unedited, Omaha concert of June 19th 1977 in 5.1 Dolby surround sound.
• The full, unedited, Rapid City concert of June 21st 1977 in 5.1 Dolby surround sound.

Bonus features;

• Soundboard disc of Elvis’ final concert in Indianapolis, June 26th 1977.
• Never before seen interview with Elvis by the Graceland pool July 17th 1977.
• Exclusive voice over by drjohncarpenter.
• Exclusive, ‘never before seen’ footage of Elvis on the ‘Lisa Marie’ June 26th 1977.
• Exclusive ‘never before seen’ footage of Elvis’ fight at the Madison gas station during the same tour.

Just goes to show what 'fan power' can do. Now for 'Elvis on Tour'.

Naughty Naughty Delboy..You had Me there for a Minute :?

Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:42 pm

The fact that we routinely return to this topic cannot be lost on the powers-that-be, and certainly they have the werewithal to see that there is plenty of interest in this product. The old arguments against releasing this are just that--old. Tired, too.

Even the naysayers will snap this up, and those who say they won't are fibbin'.............

Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:14 pm

Can you post the link for the story?

Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:54 pm

Delboy wrote:WOW! I was hoping for a reaction but never expected this!!!!

Reuters 26th March 2007

CBS – ELVIS IN CONCERT

EPE / Sillerman Enterprises are delighted to announce the long awaited release of Elvis Presley’s final television spectacular! The 1977 CBS special ‘Elvis in Concert’ will be released on June 19th 2007. Robert Sillerman announced “Due to overwhelming public demand, and several threads on the FECC message board, we are delighted to announce the release of this historic TV special. Exactly 30 years to the day the special was filmed (well part of it anyway), it will finally be in the shops.” The DVD will contain the following:

• The full, unedited, Omaha concert of June 19th 1977 in 5.1 Dolby surround sound.
• The full, unedited, Rapid City concert of June 21st 1977 in 5.1 Dolby surround sound.

Bonus features;

• Exclusive, ‘never before seen’ footage of Elvis on the ‘Lisa Marie’ June 26th 1977.
• Exclusive ‘never before seen’ footage of Elvis’ fight at the Madison gas station during the same tour.

Just goes to show what 'fan power' can do. Now for 'Elvis on Tour'.

:lol: :lol:

Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:01 pm

Just got a reply from EPE They say it is a hoax

Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:33 pm

mark wrote:Just got a reply from EPE They say it is a hoax

PLEASE tell Me You didn't contact EPE.

Delboy was playing an early April Fool's Trick I think..

Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:39 pm

:shock:

hahahahaha

Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:42 pm

Interesting quote I have just read from EPE's new Chief Marketing Officer, Paul Jankowski.

"We don't construct the message to reach an audience, because Elvis, by virtue of what he does -- or did -- does that. ... We're not creating a product here and trying to make it fit any holes. It's already there."

What a load of horseshit. This is the very excuse they're using for not releasing the CBS footage.

Source: Commercial Appeal via elvisinfonet.com

Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:22 pm

Please Delboy ... never ever try to be funny on a CBS thread like this one :D. Some here are that damn serious and can't love about your ironic remarks.

Mah boy, mah boy... lmao :D

Joern

Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:36 pm

Reuters 26th March 2007

CBS – ELVIS IN CONCERT

Bonus features;

This will probably spread all over the internet now. LOL

:lol:

Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:27 pm

The concerts should not be released in their entirity but there is certainly snough good (sometimes superb) material to justify an FTD release, even if it was transformed into a documentary of sorts.
While this is a well-worn topic and we always answer in the same way, surely the interest should get through to EPE/FTD
Rick

This is how in concert could sound like..

Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:36 am

Hi Friends..
If sony/bmg would release elvis in concert as remastered re-release..this is how it could sound like..(if i can do this with some fine software...what can sony do? yes the file for download is remastered by me)
And the preview for this the song: HURT
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=R5UXPS8F

Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:50 pm

As a special edition: Y-E-S-!

Sun Apr 01, 2007 6:40 pm

Brian Quinn wrote:...his voice on some of the songs is outstanding.
Brian

Outstanding? There are some impassioned moments within certain songs (very few), but labeling any of his performances from the EIC tapes as "outstanding" is quite a stretch.

Sun Apr 01, 2007 7:21 pm

midnightx wrote:
Brian Quinn wrote:...his voice on some of the songs is outstanding.
Brian

Outstanding? There are some impassioned moments within certain songs (very few), but labeling any of his performances from the EIC tapes as "outstanding" is quite a stretch.

Very much so...an Elvis era which is best left forgotten.

Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:53 pm

Patrick, any way you can make that file into an mp3 or wma file :?:

Would love to hear it ...