All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:19 am

Scarre wrote:In my opinion.....On multiple levels...JMO.
------------------------------------------------------

I really don´t know what to say...---------> It´s all to secret.....JMO

-------------- I can´t answer to PM:s-----------> Secret....JMO.

------------------------------------------------------------

On multiple levels...Oh, sorry, I´m repeting myself....JMO....--------->

----------------------------------------------------

This is a FACT.....IMO......----------->JMO....Did I just say that?

No, really...it´s a FACT....--------> On multiple levels!

JMO

Scarre...spot on. We have the same sense of humor......on multiple levels. JMO though.

Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:29 am

can somebody explain scarre's post, because it looks like gibberish. what's up with "secret", "jmo" and "------>"?

:?

Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:45 am

It is gibberish. But it is funny gibberish.
But it makes total sense to me.

It is code really for------------>pretencious moron with an attitude problem. JMO though.

The following is muliple levels.

If you read

between the lines

you will also see-------->

A ton of words that say nothing..........................IMO.

You can also read into it-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------> loser.

Anyway, that's what I see.

Scarre, I take my tall black top hat and I tip it in your direction.

Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:28 am

Elvis' Babe wrote:can somebody explain scarre's post, because it looks like gibberish. what's up with "secret", "jmo" and "------>"?

Elvis' Babe ... don't worry about.

They're trying to ape N8 and I's posting styles (but especially N8's).

Of course, they can't do it convincingly, not least because they can't even spell.

ekenee wrote:This is all too halarious.

ekenee wrote:is pretensioness alive or what?

Scarre wrote:Oh, sorry, I´m repeting myself

Enjoy yourselves, chimps and chimpesses.

Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:41 am

Elvis' Babe wrote:can somebody explain scarre's post, because it looks like gibberish. what's up with "secret", "jmo" and "------>"?

I was just a joke...Nothing more.

And cryo...sorry about the spelling...Now you try to write something in swedish. I won´t complain about the spelling...

Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:08 am

Scarre wrote:I was just a joke...Nothing more.

I'd say it was more than that.

Scarre wrote:And cryo...sorry about the spelling...Now you try to write something in swedish. I won´t complain about the spelling...

Ah, that old chestnut.

I tell YOU what: Grow up, learn to show some respect (not to mention proper word spellings), discover something constructive to do ... and go do it. Pretty simple, really.

Once again: Enjoy yourselves. Zoo animals are usually rounded up in time.

Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:19 am

i'll have you know my french, german, spanish and italian spellings are fantastic. my french is the only one up to snuff of the bunch, but spelling was always my strong suit with foreign languages. it took me 2 days to learn most of the greek alphabet in greece--now, the only thing i managed to comprehend was "exodos" or "ἔξοδος" meaning "exit"... oh, and i managed to read pretty much all the place names and gods/goddesses in greek. i could figure those out. the russian alphabet actually shares some similarities with the greek alphabet. i remember on one of my mom's reality shows they were in moscow and i was able to figure out that a sign said airport because of the "aero-" prefix. actually the reason i taught myself the cyrillic alphabet was because of aloha from hawaii's intro with elvis' names in different scripts. outside of a handful of words in russian and greek, however, don't ask me to know squat. "opa!" oh, and "taverna" means "tavern". lol.

ok, granted, i only conversed with any frequency on one french messageboard. being that it was btvs/ats-related, i was in my element due to my extensive knowledge of related french words. même les termes archaïques tel qu'occire (le verbe plus récent est tuer). a few recent favorites of mine are bellâtre (hunk) and poilu (hairy-chested). i'm still baffled how le mot de l'argot verlan (the verlan slang word) "mec" derived from "homme".

utterly useless knowledge.

back to elvis...

the only numerology thing that i ever thought was kinda cool was that 8+16+1977 = 2001.

Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:43 pm

Cryogenic wrote:
Scarre wrote:I was just a joke...Nothing more.

I'd say it was more than that.

Scarre wrote:And cryo...sorry about the spelling...Now you try to write something in swedish. I won´t complain about the spelling...

Ah, that old chestnut.

I tell YOU what: Grow up, learn to show some respect (not to mention proper word spellings), discover something constructive to do ... and go do it. Pretty simple, really.

Once again: Enjoy yourselves. Zoo animals are usually rounded up in time.

No swedish?
To difficult?
Like so many others have said here before...This isn´t english class..
And, respect is earned...Not given...

ps. I don´t care if you understood the joke or not, perhaps it was too much for you... at least ekenee did. ds.

ps 2. sorry for any spelling mistakes ds 2.

Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:12 pm

Scarre wrote:
ps. I don´t care if you understood the joke or not, perhaps it was too much for you... at least ekenee did. ds.

ps 2. sorry for any spelling mistakes ds 2.

Have you got a ps3?

Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:19 pm

Cryogenic when do you lighten up????

It was damn funny.

What is weird about Scarres post was in was pretty much exact quotes of N8. But all in one bunch. That's what made it so funny.

Cryogenic wrote: Enjoy yourselves
---------------------------------------
Don't you worry, I will.

By the way, I can spell............... just not those words!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHa
Last edited by ekenee on Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:40 pm

Folks, please cease & desist this verbal jousting before the FECC administrators pull the plug for good on this mb. PEP has made it clear that if this kind of junk doesn't stop this board will be brought to an end.

Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:52 pm

Well, this has been an interesting thread hasn't it???? :roll: :lol: :shock: :evil: :twisted: :smt021 :smt073

All in all I do not think anyone called anyone a name here
or did I miss something??? :roll: :shock:

Hope who ever was exchanging humor the person
on the other end was talking it for what it was....

As I received no PM's or complains about this thread....

So thus far nothing needed to be edited or deleted....

Actually things have been running fairly smooth lately
on each forum :smt023

Anyway, here's the deal, I personally didn't think this thread
would have as many people making a joke of it as they have,
which is still OK... :wink: But just don't turn it around to
go after each other....No reason to take anything here
to heart or be too serious......100% of the time...

But yet at the same time I can understand how some do not take
this too seriously...it is what it is, people will believe what they
want to believe....An make it work for them in the way they
see fit, obviously numerology meant something to Elvis
whether it was good or bad it was part of his history....
or part of his life.....

So, thus another reason I started the thread.... :twisted:

Some, might say well what did this have to do with his music???

Why bother even talking about it or bringing it up in the first place???

Well, the way I saw it, with the respect of Elvis
being involved in some of this stuff it could have effected
the way he recorded his music or what he even chose to record.....

Surprised no one really brought that up.... :shock:

We knew already it appeared the divorce between him and
Priscilla did in some ways effect what he chose to record,
the odds are maybe numerology also may have altered
his vision or choice...out side looking in I think it did....

So was it a good thing or a bad thing that he was curious
about this sort of stuff, well, I would have to say yes....
to the bad....I personally don't think it helped him...

None of this stuff did really, infact it probably only made
things worse not better at least for his career.....as a singer....

If anything this is what he should have been focusing on instead
his singing and what he was recording more than anything else....

Gellar sure screwed things up for him and everyone really.....

At least he didn't help.....

Well, what's done is done....I guess :roll:

Anyway thanks to some of you for taking the time
to look up some of the details as to what numerology
represents and thanks to some of you for the humor, an
not to forget your comments as well, good and bad....

Please keep from bashing each other over something like
this.... :wink: Nothing should get out of hand here we are
after all only talking numbers.... :lol: :roll:

PEP 8)

Sun Mar 25, 2007 4:32 am

Well if we're gonna talk numbers how about a thread on Hurt take 69. :twisted: :wink: :)

Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:51 am

Pete Dube wrote:Well if we're gonna talk numbers how about a thread on Hurt take 69. :twisted: :wink: :)

There ya go :smt023

PEP 8)

Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:27 am

Pep you are correct.
No cussing, no name calling, no threats.
Good clean fun meant with humor.

But I wouldn't really blame Larry Geller. I think any one adult has the right to let into their life any one that they so choose. If Elvis wanted this guy around to talk about numbers, I guess that is that.
If I was a millionaire myself, I wouldn't let him near me.
Nor would I allow him to cut my hair. he does that too-poofy style Elvis had in the late 60's movies. Not very flattering.
Of course I don't know the whole story on Geller.
Does anyone think that he really harmed Elvis in any other way, than to fill ELvis' head with this stuff? Or did Elvis discover this mystical stuff by his reading that he had alreay done, and found that Larry was into it as well, which formed a bond between them.
Anyway just some after thoughts here.

Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:33 am

Event #8 is a pretty good soundboard! :lol:

Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:35 am

ekenee wrote:

Does anyone think that he really harmed Elvis in any other way, than to fill ELvis' head with this stuff? Or did Elvis discover this mystical stuff by his reading that he had alreay done, and found that Larry was into it as well, which formed a bond between them.
Anyway just some after thoughts here.

From what I've read and if I'm not mistaken....

This was something new to Elvis, even tho his response
to Geller was basically "This is what I've been searching
for"... :roll:

It was the beginning of the end...in my opinion...

For me Geller isn't my cup of tea...he appears to
be a type of guy who makes things more than what
they are.

His expressions plus the way he tells a story comes
across as essagerations of the truth....more his view of
the way things were happening then probably what
really took place for many of his stories....in my view....

Geller comes off sometimes as tho Elvis could walk
on water....

But the question is, did he harm Elvis in any other way...??

Well, yea in someways, more so just because he was
feeding Elvis' mind with nonsense....

Nonsense in a sense, when you have a man that
is on drugs pretty much everyday of your life you
can easily fall into a trap as to what's real and
what's not real.....an what ends up happening
how you should focus your thoughts towards
what your best at....changes, more times than
not, not in a good way....

This mystical stuff added with a few upppers
go hand in hand.....

Some can handle it, while others can't.....

In Elvis' case he was spreading himself way too
thin....in my opinion...

Getting and being bored too soon into the game...
for what he did best..which was music...

Now of course this isn't Geller's fault entirely
but he certainly didn't help matters much
in my opinion, especially in the late 70's...

One of the worst of the bunch....in my view.

Personally he just gives me the creeps, because
he comes off as such a phoney....

PEP 8)

Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:25 am

Pep, very good response.

To me, I have a hard time even relating to the things Elvis did in his life.

How can I, I am not a millionaire rock star.

The massive purchases of jewelry, cars, having too many guys around, letting the colonel have too much control, and letting others waste his time.

It all doesn't make sense to me. Sure we can look at certain things in his life that set things in a different direction, but that is life, you have to hang on and not let those things swallow you up and change you.

I am a huge fan and Elvis is at the top of my list and I support bootleggers, FTD, BMG, the various books, but no matter how much I read or learn about Elvis, I will never understand some of the chioices he made.

Maybe its easier looking at it from the outside many years later but as you are living life, life tends to go real fast and some times you don't even know what has happened before its too late. Maybe that's what happened with Elvis. He just didn't have time to think of the consequences.

And in closing, Larry Geller doesn't seem too popular with the fans.

Like I said, I have no idea what this guy is like. In interviews he comes across as a nice guy, but that is in filmed interviews. What goes on after the camera is off, I don't have a clue.

Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:19 pm

Wasn't EP just searching for something?, didn't he often ask those around him "Why was I chosen to be Elvis Presley?", he was after answers that he could never get, if he believed it or it gave him a bit of piece of mind, who are we to question it?.
Apparantly Yoko wouldn't do anything without consulting the stars or having her cards read, IIRC there would be periods where Lennon wouldn't be allowed to speak for days (I wish I could get my wife to do that!) or he would have to fly around the world in a clockwise direction. (I think this was in Fred Seamon's book on Lennon) So it's not just EP that had his peculiarities (sp?).

Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:33 pm

oh, believe me, elvis was downright normal (numerology included) in comparison to lennon and yoko. he was a southern gun-toting all-american boy watching his 3 tv sets in comparison to them. :lol:

he wanted answers to existential questions in a time where superstitions and weird wacko beliefs were rampant. playing math games and a little soul searching for answers to the universe were some of the least weird things he could have chosen that were readily available to believe at the time. i'll give him credit where credit is due--he read about everything and picked whatever worked for him--judeo-christianity with a lot of eastern ideas tossed in. being that my own half-brother is a devout follower of sai baba, indian pilgrimages, pictures of sai baba and krishna all over his house and all via the influence of my dad's wacko hippie ex-first wife ( :lol: ), who am i to judge?

elvis' jesus-complex goes back to gladys. and is it really that far-fetched? we have a guy who touches the lives of millions through just the sound of his voice... no messages or this and that... lennon used gobs of messages with his followers--and got killed because a follower/fan became disenfranchised with those messages. elvis just had his presence and a voice and wanted to use them to make people happy. elvis was an entertainer who had the power to do good by just making people, well, entertained, happy, soul-healed, etc...

the beatles (lennon in particular) managed to inspire their fanatics so much (even accidentally) that their devoted followers were inspired to commit murder (the manson girls and mark chapman anybody?). they also persuaded a legion to do drugs and stone out an entire generation. as far as i know, i've never heard of an elvis fan commit murder in the name of their hero. on the contrary, i've heard stories of elvis fans who are persuaded to stop from committing suicide or such, because elvis' music helped them cope, feel better, etc... if anything, elvis' crowd tended to be the down-home american who dressed up and got their hair done to come see him. his fan crowd was decidedly wholesome.

as far as eastern thought goes--the karate thing affected a ton about what we love about elvis today... those stage moves, his growing image of a macho black belt who could kick your a-- and jumpsuits included. i say thumbs up with the karate interest.

Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:00 pm

he wanted answers to existential questions in a time where superstitions and weird wacko beliefs were rampant. playing math games and a little soul searching for answers to the universe were some of the least weird things he could have chosen that were readily available to believe at the time. i'll give him credit where credit is due--he read about everything and picked whatever worked for him--judeo-christianity with a lot of eastern ideas tossed in.

Elvisbabe, another great post. I believe Elvis would have found his way to some of this stuff with, or without Larry. Because people don't believe, or in some cases understand the stuff Elvis was reading about / interested in, they blame Larry, not Elvis. Elvis needed to try and understand what happened to him. The world had never known a superstar of Elvis' proportions before, and so no-one else could share their experiences with him.

Elvis didn't feel he could talk to people close to him about his spirituality, and it seems he was right. People laughed behind his back, wanted him to still be the guy who had waterballoon and creampie fights on movie sets, not a serious, mature adult.

I don't think we can ever understand Elvis questions about his life, as we were never in his shoes.

40 years later, some of what Elvis was in to has been discredited, but in other ways, he was ahead of his time. Religions such as Buddism are more popular than ever in the west. Yoga is huge now, and people are more open to meditation, etc. Also, Elvis was bang on in his assesment of Scientology.

As you said Elvisbabe, he read lots, and made decisions about what made sense to him, and if it brought him comfort, or answers to some of his questions, then fair enough.

Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:17 pm

thanks. :wink:

for the record--i found it quite funny when i made my avatar that i chose an octagon to put the image in (8 sides).

Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:23 pm

Elvis' Babe wrote:oh, believe me, elvis was downright normal (numerology included) in comparison to lennon and yoko. he was a southern gun-toting all-american boy watching his 3 tv sets in comparison to them. :lol:
Agreed :wink: most everyone I'm sure whether they say it or
not in some point of their life have dabbled a little into this stuff,
if for nothing else , but for ones own curiosity, Astrology being
one of the easiest or maybe the most popular at the moment...

he wanted answers to existential questions in a time where superstitions and weird wacko beliefs were rampant. playing math games and a little soul searching for answers to the universe were some of the least weird things he could have chosen that were readily available to believe at the time. i'll give him credit where credit is due--he read about everything and picked whatever worked for him--judeo-christianity with a lot of eastern ideas tossed in.
I do not disagree with this.... :wink:

being that my own half-brother is a devout follower of sai baba, indian pilgrimages, pictures of sai baba and krishna all over his house and all via the influence of my dad's wacko hippie ex-first wife ( :lol: ), who am i to judge?
Agreed, your right who are we to judge....to each there own...just as long as no one gets hurt....by what they believe...

elvis' jesus-complex goes back to gladys. and is it really that far-fetched? we have a guy who touches the lives of millions through just the sound of his voice... no messages or this and that... lennon used gobs of messages with his followers--and got killed because a follower/fan became disenfranchised with those messages. elvis just had his presence and a voice and wanted to use them to make people happy. elvis was an entertainer who had the power to do good by just making people, well, entertained, happy, soul-healed, etc...
Again, you have No disagreement from me.... :wink:

the beatles (lennon in particular) managed to inspire their fanatics so much (even accidentally) that their devoted followers were inspired to commit murder (the manson girls and mark chapman anybody?). they also persuaded a legion to do drugs and stone out an entire generation. as far as i know, i've never heard of an elvis fan commit murder in the name of their hero. on the contrary, i've heard stories of elvis fans who are persuaded to stop from committing suicide or such, because elvis' music helped them cope, feel better, etc... if anything, elvis' crowd tended to be the down-home american who dressed up and got their hair done to come see him. his fan crowd was decidedly wholesome.
Elvis'Babe your batting a 100 today, can't disagree with you....

as far as eastern thought goes--the karate thing affected a ton about what we love about elvis today... those stage moves, his growing image of a macho black belt who could kick your a-- and jumpsuits included. i say thumbs up with the karate interest.

Yes, you are right again...., great post Elvis' Babe :wink:

DarrylMac wrote: Elvisbabe, another great post. I believe Elvis would have found his way to some of this stuff with, or without Larry. Because people don't believe, or in some cases understand the stuff Elvis was reading about / interested in, they blame Larry, not Elvis. Elvis needed to try and understand what happened to him. The world had never known a superstar of Elvis' proportions before, and so no-one else could share their experiences with him.
DarrylMac, your right in what you said here, whether its wrong or right to give blame to Geller, the fact remains he was the One who helped fuel the fire within Elvis, so by default he does get some of the blame in my opinion...

An not necessary of what he was offering in the way of material, but maybe just because he also has some kind of aura about him which in my opinion out side looking in, is a little creepy or phoney or just so plastic...

It's almost like he wants you to believe your going to see him floating through the air like he was some kind of savior for Elvis.... :smt059 :smt078

Personally he should have stuck to cutting hair.... :twisted:

But even when he talks about that it creeps me out.... :lol:

Elvis didn't feel he could talk to people close to him about his spirituality, and it seems he was right. People laughed behind his back, wanted him to still be the guy who had waterballoon and creampie fights on movie sets, not a serious, mature adult.

Yes, your right...but then again people do not want things shoved down their throat either, so there does have to be a happy medium :wink:

I don't think we can ever understand Elvis questions about his life, as we were never in his shoes.
True, it is easier to talk about what One believe's is right or wrong for another person only looking in from time to time an especially after the fact..then actually being that person an living it....

40 years later, some of what Elvis was in to has been discredited, but in other ways, he was ahead of his time. Religions such as Buddism are more popular than ever in the west. Yoga is huge now, and people are more open to meditation, etc. Also, Elvis was bang on in his assesment of Scientology.
But One has to understand, Elvis was still God fearing, so I can understand Elvis having No interesting in Scientology what so ever, where I could have seen John Lennon going this direction at least in a sense to explore a little further....

PEP 8)

Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:40 pm

Elvis' Babe wrote:the beatles.....they also persuaded a legion to do drugs and stone out an entire generation.

I am surprised you didn't blame them for Elvis' drug use?
Where the hell do you get your mis-information from. Unbelievable. :roll: :roll:

Elvis' Babe wrote:elvis' jesus-complex goes back to gladys. and is it really that far-fetched?

IMO Elvis had some serious mental issues toward the end of his life, what sane clear thinking person would not wash themselves and believe a pill would clean your body.

Wasn't it Elvis that believed he could heal people just by laying his hands on them?

Elvis' Babe wrote:my dad's wacko hippie ex-first wife ( ), who am i to judge?

You just did! :roll:

Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:56 pm

yes--i have to say just nice things about my dad's first wife who left her two elementary school-aged children on my dad's doorstep, said she didn't want them, started doing drugs and then when my half-sister went to live with her because she missed her mother and resented my mother who basically raised the two children, ended up pregnant at 15, for which my dad had to then pay for the abortion. need i continue on why i feel i can label my dad's ex-wife as a wacko hippie? she was not an exemplary mother. she even told my sister-in-law to her her face that she didn't like her grandchild by my half-brother and preferred my half-sister's child. what a peach.

sorry, i meant what i said.

as for the beatles--nothing i said was false.

here's an even better nugget:

lennon payed $75,000 to a communist group to disrupt the '72 republican national convention.