All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:18 pm

The sound is indeed very very good.

Compliments to Audionics on this one :D

Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:20 pm

BIGREDG wrote:The sound is indeed very very good.

Last edited by Promocollector on Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:21 pm

Promocollector wrote:
BIGREDG wrote:The sound is indeed very very good.

Thanks for your contribution promo :wink:

Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:26 pm

:oops:

No problem BIGREDG!

What i meant to say was that, as usual, you are right on the money!

A quality release!

Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:32 pm

Promocollector wrote::oops:

No problem BIGREDG!

What i meant to say was that, as usual, you are right on the money!

A quality release!

That's what I thought!!! :D

Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:09 pm

BIGREDG wrote:The sound is indeed very very good. Compliments to Audionics on this one.

I hear from a very good source that mine is on the way. How does the sound of this compare to the "Southern Nights" FTD?

If you say it is just as good, or better, I'll be satisfied.

Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:49 pm

I would say as good or better!! (anything to satisfy Big Rob!!)

You gonna love it!! :D :) :D :)

Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:54 pm

BIGREDG wrote:You gonna love it!!

I'd never doubt you for a minute.

Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:27 pm

Johanesson, the fact that you think Vol. 1 is bad sounding gives you a lot of credibility in this, so I take your word for it when you say Vol. 2 is fantastic. Thank you.

Per

Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:49 am

Excellent :D

Elvis is way out in front...............and a GREAT version of LittleDarlin :D

Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:20 pm

Surprise, surprise ... it's just great. Fine booklet and really, really good sound for a soundboard.

Also great audioquality on "And I Love You So". If they have the original reel than they should know would to do next...

Joern
Last edited by Joern on Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:35 pm

Joern,

I liked the sound on 'And I Love You So.' They don't have the complete show on tape though.

Wasn't 'Hurt' from Johnson City featured on one of the Luxor releases? MAybe portions of this show are in various people's hands

Andrew

Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:58 pm

AndrewJ wrote:

They don't have the complete show on tape though.

Who told you this? Let me know please. It's sad if that is true. However,i think they will release that show,even in incomplete form. Or maybe they will recoup the missing parts from the other march '76 soundboards.

Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:26 pm

And how about those Orlando tracks!!

Very interesting to hear this Piano heavy tape, but not too many times!!

I think it was a good idea to eke them out as "bonus" tracks rather than us not having them at all. Others may disagree, but they are wrong :wink:

Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:41 pm

Johnson City

Also Sprach Zarathustra
See See Rider
I Got A Woman/Amen
Love Me
You Gave A Mountain
Tryin' To Get To You
All Shook Up
Teddy Bear/Don't Be Cruel
Until It's Time For You To Go
Hurt
Polk Salad Annie
[band introductions]
What'd I Say
And I Love You So
How Great Thou Art
Love Me Tender
Let Me Be There
America
Hearbreak Hotel
Hound Dog
Hawaiian Wedding Song
Mystery Train/Tiger Man
Can't Help Falling In Love

I hope 'Until It's Time For You To Go' was recorded!

BIGREDG wrote:

I'm sure they will release the incomplete Orlando show on 1 CD in the near future. There is no reason to hold back that in the long run.

Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:46 pm

Johanesson wrote:BIGREDG wrote:

I'm sure they will release the incomplete Orlando show on 1 CD in the near future. There is no reason to hold back that in the long run.

I seriosly doubt that, unless we are talking 20 years time!!

Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:37 am

Johanesson wrote:AndrewJ wrote:

They don't have the complete show on tape though.

Who told you this?

Audionics
Last edited by AndrewJ on Sat Mar 31, 2007 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:22 pm

The Johnson City show taste for more. The booklet is very well done.

Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:52 am

I like these releases and I'm looking forward to get this particular one.

Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:02 pm

YDKM wrote:I always reckoned since Ernst saw that show it would be an excellent FTD release! hopefully we'll eventually get it

I suggested sometime ago to Ernst, that this should be an FTD relase and he told me that the soundboard is incomplete, ending after And I Love You So. I was disapointed hearing this. It's quite a good a show.
I still feel that FTD should relase what they have of this performance + perhaps another more complete show from this tour.

Eivind

Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:02 am

Eivind wrote:
I suggested sometime ago to Ernst, that this should be an FTD relase and he told me that the soundboard is incomplete, ending after And I Love You So.

It's sad,but at least 'Until It's Time For You To Go' was recorded.
According to a soundboard list,BMG have 4 shows from this tour:

03/17/76 Johnson City, TN
03/20/76 Charlotte, NC
03/21/76 Cincinnati, OH
03/22/76 Sl Louis. MO

From 4 shows it's not hard to compile a CD,even if some of them are incomplete.

Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:59 am

:cry: thats a great pity...still i wouldn't mind hearing just this much about half the show:-
March 17, 1976. (8:30 pm) Johnson City, TN. Freedom Hall.
TRACKLIST
2001 Theme / See See Rider / I Got A Woman - Amen / Love Me / You Gave A Mountain / Tryin' To Get To You / All Shook Up / Teddy Bear - Don't Be Cruel (1 fs) / Until It's Time For You To Go / Hurt / Polk Salad Annie / Intros : What'd I Say by James Burton - Larrie Londin drums solo - Jerry Scheff bass solo - Tony Brown piano solo - Shane Keister piano solo - David Briggs solo - Joe Guercio and Orchestra solo - Hail! Hail! Rock 'n' Roll / And I Love You So

Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:04 am

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the audience recording of this show. While a soundboard would be welcomed, "Phoenix Over Tennessee" makes for some very good listening.

Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:39 pm

I just listened to my copy of this production. The sound is really great and so is the artwork. I wonder why only parts of the Johnson City show appear and not the complete show (sorry Joern, I have to say it again: I WANT THAT SHOW TO BE RELEASED). The tracks from Orlando are deleted - see guidelines #2 I don't know what should be interesting on those tracks, at least if you don't play piano and desperatly wanting to re-create the style of the great Tony Brown.

Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:09 pm

dl wrote:The tracks from Orlando are deleted - see guidelines #2 I don't know what should be interesting on those tracks, at least if you don't play piano and desperatly wanting to re-create the style of the great Tony Brown.

They are what they are. Why would you rather not have them at all than have them tagged on to the end of a CD?