All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Tue May 15, 2007 8:06 am

YDKM wrote:... and the 'Sweets' DID vary their opening act in 1976, for example they featured Elton John songs like 'shine the light on me' during Lake Tahoe 1976., then in the June/July tour they did Paul Mc Cartney and Wings 'silly love songs' ...

The Elton John song you're referring to is his #1 hit from the spring of 1975, "Philadelphia Freedom." The McCartney single reached #1 in May 1976.

Both were nice, familiar selections chosen by the Sweets to keep the Presley crowd docile until the main event.

Tue May 15, 2007 8:34 am

:lol: Thanks DR for pinpointing EXACTLY what i was meaning to say! :roll:

Tue May 15, 2007 10:00 am

YDKM wrote:Thanks DR for pinpointing EXACTLY what i was meaning to say!

That was neither my intention nor my accomplishment. But I'll take the compliment anyway.

At least in the future you'll know the name of the Elton John hit that graced the Elvis Presley pre-show.

Tue May 15, 2007 12:19 pm

Actually, Elton John is my personal No. 2 after Elvis. And that song is one of my all time favourites, Doc!

I don't have no "Elton" room, but who knows what the future will bring :-)

Wed May 16, 2007 6:00 am

Just got a chance to listen to "Across the country, Vol. 2" myself, and I have to say it is a good release. Notwithstanding I haven't quite forgiven the Madison folks for the lousy sound on "A New Kind of Rhytthm", where they jacked up the bass and treble to astronomical levels, making this show virtually unlistenable. At least it's good to see they didn't follow that same route on this new release.

Thenexte: "They" :?:

Unless I'm misunderstanding you, the "Across the Country" series is decidedly not issued by the folks from Madison label. Both, however, are in the "elite" of quality imports. I'm assuming that is not what you meant by "they."

Also, while I am partial to your insights about audiophilia and specifically the modern tendency to jack up levels, but I've heard elsewhere that the speed has been corrected on the new Madison live CD and I haven't heard others complain about the levels. So what is it, folks?

I haven't had the pleasure of hearing "A New Kind of Rhythm" :oops: :( :P

As for ELVISNEWS.Com, luckily Lex's half-hearted reviews are relatively rare (the more sympathetic and better-writing "Kees" does more of them, as I recall) so it's still a great "companion" site of sorts, for FECC fans.

Wed May 16, 2007 6:43 pm

Crap cd. Save your money. Lousy remastering here...

Wed May 16, 2007 7:57 pm

Mr. Fact wrote:Crap cd. Save your money. Lousy remastering here...

Wrote Mr. who? Mr. F.ck?

Wed May 16, 2007 8:09 pm

Deadringer: Ignorant posts like these can only be from an attention seeker who is trying to provoke a reaction.

I suggest we ignore it completely; it certainly doesn't deserve the dignity of a response.

Wed May 16, 2007 8:21 pm

Mike S wrote:Deadringer: Ignorant posts like these can only be from an attention seeker who is trying to provoke a reaction.

I suggest we ignore it completely; it certainly doesn't deserve the dignity of a response.

Guess my short reply was ignorant anyway :-)

Wed May 16, 2007 8:26 pm

Deadringer wrote:
Guess my short reply was ignorant anyway

Not at all, extremely apposite actually.

Wed May 16, 2007 8:34 pm

Mike S wrote:Deadringer wrote:
Guess my short reply was ignorant anyway

Not at all, extremely apposite actually.

OK you won :-)

Thu May 17, 2007 6:47 am

With all due respect to my favorite Elvis site, if this site was truly on the ball, you'd think someone who's been around under various guises since the last major server change (spring 2003), would not be able to reprise an essentially dubious persona like "Mr. Fact" and slander a quality import label so easily.

C'mon, FECC moderator(s): time to get do some cleaning up in the members section!