All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Elvis- Across Country volume 2

Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:25 am

just checked the import section and this looks like a great cd with good tracklisting what a unexpected surprise to see vol 2 .

Jess wade :D

Re: Elvis- Across Country volume 2

Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:00 am

jess wade wrote:just checked the import section and this looks like a great cd with good tracklisting what a unexpected surprise to see vol 2 .

Jess wade :D

Yawn!

Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:25 am

thenexte, instead of yawning around here, why don't you do it some place else. In other words, don't be so damn rude!

Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:30 am

thefunkyangel wrote:thenexte, instead of yawning around here, why don't you do it some place else. In other words, don't be so damn rude!

Agreed - unnecesarily rude - it is a pleasant surprise that after almost 2 years audionics has returnrned with a new CD. And even better it is a soundboard release with lots of previously unreleased tracks - what more do people want????

Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:31 am

thefunkyangel wrote:thenexte, instead of yawning around here, why don't you do it some place else. In other words, don't be so damn rude!

Yawn!

Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:35 am

Spellbinder wrote:

Yawn!

Another rude poster? Boy they are crawling out of their rotten lairs tonight. :roll:

Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:03 am

Yawn away im looking farward to this cd why so rude ? if thats all you have to post why bother ? im sure im not the only 1 who will buy this cds when it released

Jess wade

Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:11 am

:lol: This will be a 'top notch' CD release from the 'Famous' Audionics label and (as in past) WILL NOT dissapoint us with a FULL CD of (mostly) NEW material! :roll: :wink:

Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:24 am

I have a question, though ...

Why are they teasing the fans with the '76 Johnson City show ??

I'd love to see the COMPLETE show released in binaural stereo - that would be terrific.

Rich

Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:04 am

i want the complete johnson city soundboard not just clips damnit.

Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:15 am

sure we ALL want 'complete Johnson city' but have you ever thought maybe its not available? :roll:

Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:25 am

I have Volume 1 safely in my posession and I'm looking forward to all subsequent volumes. Congratulations, Audionics on this new release and all the best for the future!
Yes, a complete Johnson City soundboard is what's needed :lol:!

Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:44 am

I always reckoned since Ernst saw that show it would be an excellent FTD release! hopefully we'll eventually get it

Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:41 am

YDKM wrote:I always reckoned since Ernst saw that show it would be an excellent FTD release! hopefully we'll eventually get it

I'd prefer to have it in mono, though. Binaural soundboard recordings are way overrated in my opinion...

Good to see that Audionics is back! I'm very happy with "Keep The Fire Burning" and "El Goes El Paso".

Keith Richards, Jr.

Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:49 am

It will be an interesting CD. Personally i like the Sweets VERY MUCH,so their pre-show is a VERY NICE bonus here. 'Sweet Inspiration' and 'The Last Time I Saw Him' were performed on the previous night in Duluth,too and i really like those performances. Even the sound quality is fantastic there. Simply perfect! It's strange,that we've got (parts of) the pre-shows from oct. 16 and oct. 17,but we haven't got anything from the 'main events'. Weren't those shows recorded by the sound enginer? Not likely. It's more likely that bootleggers just hold back them.
It's a shame that the Huntsville show is so incomplete! But we can't blame Audionics for this. The bonus songs are welcome,too,especially the ones from february,1977,because of the strange mix. But those shows exist in more complete form,so later we have to buy them again,when they will release them in more complete form. Bootleggers have learned from the Colonel a lot...

Rich_TCB wrote:
Why are they teasing the fans with the '76 Johnson City show ??

They don't want to tease us,they just want to get our money as many times as possible :D

Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:35 am

Now that's a cover.

Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:50 am

I was kind of hoping we got the afternoon show instead, since it's when Presley debut the Indian Feather suit. http://www.elvisconcerts.com/pictures/c750531a.htm It must of been visually stunning seeing Presley wearing it for the first time. It is my all time favourite suit! The fans of the Red Phoenix http://www.elvisconcerts.com/pictures/c750531.htm will rejoice in this release!

Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:18 pm

Rob wrote:Image

Now that's a cover.

Indeed, wow! One of the coolest, and the content looks great, far from yawning.

Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:29 pm

Rob wrote:Image

Now that's a cover.

Now that's a cover [2].

Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:03 pm

Will buy it for the cover alone

Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:41 pm

These Huntsville shows are a class of their own..therefore this release is a winner because of this show alone....and the cover..awesome..!!

Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:44 am

I'm listening to it right now on an audio site and all what i can say is that the sound quality is F A N T A S T I C! ! ! Great CD,great cover!

Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:25 am

The sound quality is fantastic? Really? I doubt that very much. I have the other releases from this label, and the sound has been poor so far. It’s like hearing Elvis through a closed door.

Just compare Dixieland Rocks to Keep the Fire Burning to see what I mean. Or for that matter the June 2, 1976 show to Tucson ’76.

From the sound of it, the Audionics label has been working with a second or third generation copy, and that’s not my conception of fantastic quality. It is possible they have managed to acquire better tapes this time, but I doubt it. The Across the Country hodgepodge idea is not very appealing to me anyway, and I won’t be getting this one. I’m holding out for the boxed set that was announced earlier. If that one has been scrapped, then I’d rather not have these shows at all.

Per

Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:39 am

Vol. 1. was bad sounding,but vol.2. is much better,believe me!

I think i can't mention the name of that site because of the forum rules,but you can find that if you want and you can listen to that CD.
I'm not an audiophile but i think this time they used the master tapes or the first generation copies of the master tapes,because the sound quality is really good.

Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:51 am

:lol: Believe me when i say the sound is 'great' and its a better CD than volume 1 and also its certainly released now and you won't have to look too hard to obtain a copy! :roll: