All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:29 pm

Cryogenic wrote:
chris c wrote:N880EP, you're not Red's mom, are you?

I would venture it's for remarks of that staggering intellectual calibre that N8 left the thread.

Exactly why i stopped. :roll:

Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:18 pm

Sean wrote:
Cryogenic wrote:
chris c wrote:N880EP, you're not Red's mom, are you?

I would venture it's for remarks of that staggering intellectual calibre that N8 left the thread.

Exactly why i stopped. :roll:

So who wrote that post then Sean? Must have been your ghost writer eh? :wink:

Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:35 pm

I meant stopped posting cause it was getting like Groundhog Day but i didnt mean i would leave this thread.

I have said everything i wanted to say about this and cause of the context of some feel no reason to continue.

Peace, 8)

Sean

Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:20 am

Sean wrote:I meant stopped posting cause it was getting like Groundhog Day but i didnt mean i would leave this thread.

I have said everything i wanted to say about this and cause of the context of some feel no reason to continue.

Peace, 8)

Sean

I understand what you are saying Sean. But I think I may start another thread, just to keep the Groundhog Day going for a while longer! :wink: Nope... I AM kidding! :) And now I will precede to add another post!

The book means different things from different people. I wish they hadn't written it. Elvis was in a bad way in 1977 and really struggling with depression and the obvious drugs problem. The book didn't help for someone who was in denial. It never would. But they still wrote it and justified why they had at the time. Did they give a damn about him then? No - they had been fired and wanted revenge.

Elvis had serious problems and needed to get help. Professional help was there in 1977 but not a common thing. Rehab was available but not talked about as it is now.

Guess we will have to agree to disagree on this one - yep, and move on! The Ground Hog Day has run it's course. :wink:

Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:47 am

I can imagine no one on this board will ever understand how stressful it was to work for Elvis 24/7 but im sure they wouldnt have changed their lives for anything else.

Yes the book was a mistake but i can kind of understand why they wrote it.

They tried to help Elvis by stopping him from getting the 'stuff' and thats why i back them.What they did after was reasons unknown only to themselves so i feel i have no right to question why they did it cause i wasnt there.

Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:01 pm

I wish I had thought to mention at the time when this battle was raging, that Sonny (will be in the pen) West spoke on the phone to a friend of mine not so long after Elvis had died, and in the course of conversation offered to sell her drugs, so she tells me, much to her indignation.

Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:30 pm

chris c wrote:I wish I had thought to mention at the time when this battle was raging, that Sonny (will be in the pen) West spoke on the phone to a friend of mine not so long after Elvis had died, and in the course of conversation offered to sell her drugs, so she tells me, much to her indignation.

That's quite a serious accusation, and in complete contrast with everything else that we know about Sonny.

I suppose that we have to take your friend's word for it, or does she have any proof??

Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:50 pm

Rock Legend wrote:
chris c wrote:I wish I had thought to mention at the time when this battle was raging, that Sonny (will be in the pen) West spoke on the phone to a friend of mine not so long after Elvis had died, and in the course of conversation offered to sell her drugs, so she tells me, much to her indignation.

That's quite a serious accusation, and in complete contrast with everything else that we know about Sonny.

I suppose that we have to take your friend's word for it, or does she have any proof??

Maybe she taped their conversation! :D

Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:35 pm

What a ridiculous thing to post. :roll:

No wonder you dislike Sonny so much.

I suppose you believe everything what you read in the papers as well.

Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:05 am

(Couldn't resist adding this comment):

Just when I though it wasn't possible for this thread to deteriorate any further into inaneness ..............

----------------

It never ceases to amaze me.

N8

Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:52 am

Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:10 am

I'm not interested in entering this debate, but I do have a question. Didn't Sonny get arrested circa '79 for possession or selling illegal drugs?

Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:03 am

Yes, he sure did! He also had a job sweeping out barns, just to make ends meet. After all he did for Presley, this is what he had to endure :( !

Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:51 pm

Pete Dube wrote:I'm not interested in entering this debate, but I do have a question. Didn't Sonny get arrested circa '79 for possession or selling illegal drugs?

Maybe that was why Red busted a guys foot for trying to get drugs to Elvis - he must have wanted to keep it in the family!