All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:54 pm

carolynlm wrote:There are people out there who loathe the very ground I walk on.


Carolynlm,

Cant understand that...i love Australia.

Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:14 pm

Getlo wrote:
N880EP wrote:Do you want me to see if the owner will give it to you?


Yes please! :D He could start wrapping it for me in time for my birthday next month. He doesn't have to buy me a card - the book will suffice!


How generous of you.

-------------------------------

Sean -

Generally speaking, ............

People who like going round-n-round are too busy enjoying the ride and not thinking (it's not your fault, ................ some never even bother or try ............. to get off.)


N8

Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:41 pm

N8,

Your so right.

Its very hard(and we have tried so hard) to get others to view our own reasons why we are not on the 'West Hater's wagon' when they come out with words like 'Burn In Hell' and calling them 'Losers' you begin to realise that your actually discussing a topic with people who are not interested in being open-minded.

Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:40 pm

Getlo, going back to your post of March 11th, I suppose the fans at that British FC event cheered when Red admitted they wrote the book for money, because he was finally cornered into telling the truth.

The writing of the book remains a despicable act, no matter how much we are asked to feel sorry for the poor Wests who are such nice boys and so friendly towards the fans. The situation might have been different had Elvis not been obviously in poor physical and emotional condition, and if he had taken the attitude that he wanted nothing more to do with Red. But on the contrary, we have all heard Elvis tell Red he was there if he needed him, and judging by Elvis's repeated forgiving of past violent misdemeanors of Red's, no doubt a time would have come that they would have been reconciled, had there been no book. The existence of the book made this impossible, and that's Red and company's fault, not Elvis's.

Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:15 pm

chris c wrote:Getlo, going back to your post of March 11th, I suppose the fans at that British FC event cheered when Red admitted they wrote the book for money, because he was finally cornered into telling the truth.


This implies that Red broke down in a fit of guilt over having written the book for money. The guys have always stated that they figured they would make some money from the book. Surprise! Is there an author out there who doesn't want/hope to make money from their project(s)?

Again, ask yourself what you would do if faced with the same situation as Red, Sonny and Dave. Oh, wait. You've never faced that situation, so you can't know.

Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:26 pm

chris c wrote:Getlo, going back to your post of March 11th, I suppose the fans at that British FC event cheered when Red admitted they wrote the book for money, because he was finally cornered into telling the truth.

The writing of the book remains a despicable act, no matter how much we are asked to feel sorry for the poor Wests who are such nice boys and so friendly towards the fans. The situation might have been different had Elvis not been obviously in poor physical and emotional condition, and if he had taken the attitude that he wanted nothing more to do with Red. But on the contrary, we have all heard Elvis tell Red he was there if he needed him, and judging by Elvis's repeated forgiving of past violent misdemeanors of Red's, no doubt a time would have come that they would have been reconciled, had there been no book. The existence of the book made this impossible, and that's Red and company's fault, not Elvis's.


Firstly, you suppose wrong.

They cheered Red AFTER the interview was finished cause it was a fair and honest interview.

The writing of the book was not a dispicable act.

Chris, have you actually read the book??

Elvis could have handled anything that was written in the book, its such a ridiculous arguement.

If Elvis was there when Red needed him then why did Elvis sack him for trying to stop him from taking the 'stuff' which was destroying him and, as i have said, not even to his face??

Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:56 pm

carolynlm wrote: and unless you've met someone face to face, I can't really see how you can have an honest opinion about them at all.


So true :!:

Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:13 pm

KHoots wrote:
chris c wrote:Getlo, going back to your post of March 11th, I suppose the fans at that British FC event cheered when Red admitted they wrote the book for money, because he was finally cornered into telling the truth.


This implies that Red broke down in a fit of guilt over having written the book for money. The guys have always stated that they figured they would make some money from the book. Surprise! Is there an author out there who doesn't want/hope to make money from their project(s)?

Again, ask yourself what you would do if faced with the same situation as Red, Sonny and Dave. Oh, wait. You've never faced that situation, so you can't know.


You know what they say, "the truth shall set you free." After years of blowing smoke about trying to "save him" he finally came clean.

Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:06 pm

Sean wrote:
chris c wrote:Getlo, going back to your post of March 11th, I suppose the fans at that British FC event cheered when Red admitted they wrote the book for money, because he was finally cornered into telling the truth.

The writing of the book remains a despicable act, no matter how much we are asked to feel sorry for the poor Wests who are such nice boys and so friendly towards the fans. The situation might have been different had Elvis not been obviously in poor physical and emotional condition, and if he had taken the attitude that he wanted nothing more to do with Red. But on the contrary, we have all heard Elvis tell Red he was there if he needed him, and judging by Elvis's repeated forgiving of past violent misdemeanors of Red's, no doubt a time would have come that they would have been reconciled, had there been no book. The existence of the book made this impossible, and that's Red and company's fault, not Elvis's.


Firstly, you suppose wrong.

They cheered Red AFTER the interview was finished cause it was a fair and honest interview.

The writing of the book was not a dispicable act.

Chris, have you actually read the book??

Elvis could have handled anything that was written in the book, its such a ridiculous arguement.

If Elvis was there when Red needed him then why did Elvis sack him for trying to stop him from taking the 'stuff' which was destroying him and, as i have said, not even to his face??


I just wish he was alive today, apart from the many positive obvious reasons, but also to see how all of this would have played out.

Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:27 pm

Sean, oh yes, I've read the book. I read the excerpts that came out in the newspapers in 77, and I've read the book all through. I can only say that people's standards differ greatly concerning what is appropriate behaviour towards someone in poor health who has put up with massive stress in public and private life for 20+ years, that person not being much good with stress in the first place, but nevertheless with a wonderful record of striving to do his best for everybody around him, Wests included, who received many benefits over the years from their association with Elvis. And if they didn't think they had received enough and were getting a bad deal, then they all knew where the door was.

Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:55 pm

chris c wrote:Sean, oh yes, I've read the book. I read the excerpts that came out in the newspapers in 77, and I've read the book all through. I can only say that people's standards differ greatly concerning what is appropriate behaviour towards someone in poor health who has put up with massive stress in public and private life for 20+ years, that person not being much good with stress in the first place, but nevertheless with a wonderful record of striving to do his best for everybody around him, Wests included, who received many benefits over the years from their association with Elvis. And if they didn't think they had received enough and were getting a bad deal, then they all knew where the door was.


As its been pointed out before.

The critics really have no arguement cause they were not there.

Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:45 pm

Carolynlm, N880EP and Sean.....I wonder what your opinion would be if you had met Elvis and he had told you HIS version of what happened 8)
You wrote that those guys seem honest and that they are great persons.
Ha! If so you how do you think you would feel like after you had met Elvis??????????? Have you ever thought about that?

And I am not the only one telling them to **** off....didn't Lisa Marie do the same :wink: ..she told them to rot in hell, right?

And if Elvis had wanted them back they would have been back at Graceland in 5 minutes, just like always. They even cried and told Tom Jones to call Elvis...how pathetic. :roll:

I should as a person always forgive other people, but to do that they need to come up with an apology for what they did. Like say they were wrong. Maybe that's basically what Sonny wants to do with his new book. Deep in his heart I think he is very sorry for what he did.

I am not saying that he doesn't have good qualities as a person, but the book he wrote was a very, very, very bad thing to do. And he knows it.

And N880EP, you wrote that Elvis threatened to kill them?? But did he do it? Did he hurt them? Have you never said anything bad like that your whole life without meaning it? If we had your life on a tape I'll bet that you have said some bad things yourself too 8)
And that is something you know.

Case closed!

Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:11 pm

Xaykev

I am not going to agree or disagree with anything you have written.

What I can tell from Your post is that it came from the Heart and it makes You so angry You just had to write down.

I have never known a Book written by anyone to cause this much Hurt, Bitterness and Controversy 30 Years after it was written.

Has anyone else??

Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:23 pm

I have never known a Book written by anyone to cause this much Hurt, Bitterness and Controversy 30 Years after it was written


Try Elvis by Goldman

Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:25 am

Xaykev wrote:Carolynlm, N880EP and Sean.....I wonder what your opinion would be if you had met Elvis and he had told you HIS version of what happened 8)
You wrote that those guys seem honest and that they are great persons.
Ha! If so you how do you think you would feel like after you had met Elvis??????????? Have you ever thought about that?

And I am not the only one telling them to **** off....didn't Lisa Marie do the same :wink: ..she told them to rot in hell, right?

And if Elvis had wanted them back they would have been back at Graceland in 5 minutes, just like always. They even cried and told Tom Jones to call Elvis...how pathetic. :roll:

I should as a person always forgive other people, but to do that they need to come up with an apology for what they did. Like say they were wrong. Maybe that's basically what Sonny wants to do with his new book. Deep in his heart I think he is very sorry for what he did.

I am not saying that he doesn't have good qualities as a person, but the book he wrote was a very, very, very bad thing to do. And he knows it.

And N880EP, you wrote that Elvis threatened to kill them?? But did he do it? Did he hurt them? Have you never said anything bad like that your whole life without meaning it? If we had your life on a tape I'll bet that you have said some bad things yourself too 8)
And that is something you know.

Case closed!


Case re-opened!!!!

Firstly, if i had ever met Elvis im pretty certain that Elvis would not want to have a good old chat about his opinion's of Red/Sonny to me so my answer is, no, i have never thought about that.

I did think about winning the lottery once and wondered what i would do with all the money. :lol: :lol:
That's about as far as my imagination goes.

Yes, Lisa did say that they should 'rot in hell' for what they did but i also remember recently that Lisa herself went on The Howard Stern Show promoting the release of Elvis By The Presley's i think it was, or possibly her recording career, and Howard Stern said to her'I want to do you, your Mum and i wanna dig up your Dad and ask his permission' and Lisa said nothing!!!

As far as Elvis wanting them back, didnt he say to Billy Smith that he would have had them back but someone should have told Elvis that you cant keep firing and hiring people and playing mind-games with them.

Elvis threatened to kill alot of people.When Red didnt stop a drunk lady throwing back the scarfs, Elvis got into an arguement and Elvis was trying to pull a gun on Red.
When Elvis found out about Mike Stone he gave Sonny a gun and wanted him to kill Stone.

Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:44 am

Sean wrote:
Xaykev wrote:Carolynlm, N880EP and Sean.....I wonder what your opinion would be if you had met Elvis and he had told you HIS version of what happened 8)
You wrote that those guys seem honest and that they are great persons.
Ha! If so you how do you think you would feel like after you had met Elvis??????????? Have you ever thought about that?

And I am not the only one telling them to **** off....didn't Lisa Marie do the same :wink: ..she told them to rot in hell, right?

And if Elvis had wanted them back they would have been back at Graceland in 5 minutes, just like always. They even cried and told Tom Jones to call Elvis...how pathetic. :roll:

I should as a person always forgive other people, but to do that they need to come up with an apology for what they did. Like say they were wrong. Maybe that's basically what Sonny wants to do with his new book. Deep in his heart I think he is very sorry for what he did.

I am not saying that he doesn't have good qualities as a person, but the book he wrote was a very, very, very bad thing to do. And he knows it.

And N880EP, you wrote that Elvis threatened to kill them?? But did he do it? Did he hurt them? Have you never said anything bad like that your whole life without meaning it? If we had your life on a tape I'll bet that you have said some bad things yourself too 8)
And that is something you know.

Case closed!


Case re-opened!!!!

Firstly, if i had ever met Elvis im pretty certain that Elvis would not want to have a good old chat about his opinion's of Red/Sonny to me so my answer is, no, i have never thought about that.

I did think about winning the lottery once and wondered what i would do with all the money. :lol: :lol:
That's about as far as my imagination goes.

Yes, Lisa did say that they should 'rot in hell' for what they did but i also remember recently that Lisa herself went on The Howard Stern Show promoting the release of Elvis By The Presley's i think it was, or possibly her recording career, and Howard Stern said to her'I want to do you, your Mum and i wanna dig up your Dad and ask his permission' and Lisa said nothing!!!

As far as Elvis wanting them back, didnt he say to Billy Smith that he would have had them back but someone should have told Elvis that you cant keep firing and hiring people and playing mind-games with them.

Elvis threatened to kill alot of people.When Red didnt stop a drunk lady throwing back the scarfs, Elvis got into an arguement and Elvis was trying to pull a gun on Red.
When Elvis found out about Mike Stone he gave Sonny a gun and wanted him to kill Stone.


Sean, Elvis made idle threats, he never hurt anybody unless provoked. Anyway, why should we believe the West cousins at their word? Since when is their account of everything, gospel?

Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:48 am

Greetings & Salutations, and all that other stuff, ...........

Xaykev wrote:Carolynlm, N880EP and Sean.....I wonder what your opinion would be if you had met Elvis and he had told you HIS version of what happened 8)


What makes you think that I don't know EP's version of the events?

Think about that statement long & hard and apply it to the context of others things mentioned in this thread. (ie: I'm asking you, to apply some critical thinking .... which will also help you with the remainder of your fallacious responses, which I will also briefly address below.)

Xaykev wrote:You wrote that those guys seem honest and that they are great persons.


I never stated any such thing (that is your fallacious misunderstanding of what you think I've said.)

Somehow, I think that asking you to go back and re-read ............... won't help this matter any further either.

Xaykev wrote:And I am not the only one telling them to **** off....didn't Lisa Marie do the same :wink: ..she told them to rot in hell, right?


Lisa's command of the English language is also representative of her intelligence level. On that note, she only knows what she's been fed from other anti-MMM individuals (eg: Pris.) ......... and is incapable of rationally evaluating the situation (much like some on this thread.) Lisa was just too young to be able to understand anything at that time; the fact that she still doesn't is simply wilful ignorance on her part, as a adult.

As for "rotting in hell", .............. well, ........ and emotional response is rarely a rational or logical one (it's hardly worth worrying about, since it says more about the individual saying such things.)

Xaykev wrote:And N880EP, you wrote that Elvis threatened to kill them?? But did he do it? Did he hurt them? Have you never said anything bad like that your whole life without meaning it? If we had your life on a tape I'll bet that you have said some bad things yourself too 8)
And that is something you know
.


Fallacy A: ...... of applying something after the fact .... to something before. Think about that, if you can.

Fallacies B-C-D: ............ strawman, red herring, & ad hominem.

Generally speaking, ....... when an individual commits so many fallacies, so quickly, ................. rational thinking is a lost cause (without further education - which may or may not be possible [in the long run] / definitely impossible [in the short run], .......... depending on the individual.)

Clear as mud?

Xaykev wrote:Case closed!


Only for closed / limited minds.

------------------------------

Btw, ladies & gentlemen, ......

Please do not misconstrue the fact that I no longer respond on this thread to mean that I am unable to answer ................... rather, ......... I no longer wish to waste any of my time on this topic / thread.

On that note, ......... for those of you who do, please feel free to carry on ............ and have a nice thread.


N8

Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:49 am

Well, some of you think West and Hebler did the right thing, I certainly think they didn't. At least I've got something called HISTORY on my side.
And Littledarlin is right...this subject is making me mad, to see people doing things like those guys did makes me furious.

Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:36 am

N880EP wrote:Please do not misconstrue the fact that I no longer respond on this thread to mean that I am unable to answer ................... rather, ......... I no longer wish to waste any of my time on this topic / thread.


I don't blame you. This thread started great but ended being a total waste of time.

Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:04 am

N880EP, you're not Red's mom, are you?

Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:54 am

:shock: :shock: :shock:

:lol:

Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:23 pm

P.S. Annie wrote:
carolynlm wrote: and unless you've met someone face to face, I can't really see how you can have an honest opinion about them at all.


So true :!:


If that was true I could not have an opinion about Adolf Hitler, Napoleon, Saddam Hussein, Fidel Castro, George Bush, et cetera.

The West's shed crocodile tears. Just my honest opinion.

Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:01 pm

carolynlm wrote:Hey Luuk....how's it going?
These people you mention have done despicable things, things that have been crimes against humanity.....not so sure George Bush belongs in the same category as the others, but I see what you mean....I don't want this to turn into one of the political debates that we loathe so much...
All I was trying to say is that we can 'hate' the deeds, ie the book written by the Wests and Hebler, but to 'hate' the person without meeting them is something else.....
I know I'm probably not explaining myself as well as I should, but I hope you can see where I am coming from.


I do not "hate" them. I just note that they were fired, wrote a book in revenge and now shed crocodile tears and say they wanted to "help" Elvis.
If they really had wanted to help Elvis they should have quit when Elvis started to take pills to live at night and sleep during the day, not after being fired.

By the way, did anyone ever know who the members of Elvis' entourage were before this book? Until the book came out at least here in The Netherlands nobody ever mentioned their names however The Colonel was known. It was even known he was Dutch from 1960 onwards after his brother recognised him on a photo of Elvis and The Colonel which was published in a Dutch woman's magazine called "Rosita". This brother even visited The Colonel, a visit paid by the magazine!

Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:17 pm

Luuk wrote:
P.S. Annie wrote:
carolynlm wrote: and unless you've met someone face to face, I can't really see how you can have an honest opinion about them at all.


So true :!:


If that was true I could not have an opinion about Adolf Hitler, Napoleon, Saddam Hussein, Fidel Castro, George Bush, et cetera.

The West's shed crocodile tears. Just my honest opinion.


Hi Luuk I understand what your saying. Of course I can have on opinion of what they have done, but as a person I dont know them. But I would not compare the West's with Hitler and so on. That is just my opinion. But I dont think your do either.

Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:51 pm

chris c wrote:N880EP, you're not Red's mom, are you?


I would venture it's for remarks of that staggering intellectual calibre that N8 left the thread.