All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:26 am

Promocollector wrote:Not too sure about the second cd though (quality not great)

No, the quality is not great and to be honest, there were better shows during the engagement. Too much banter with the audience and substituting lyrics for me. He even stops after a couple of lines of "In The Ghetto." I guess he just decided he didn't want to do it.

I'm normally a huge fan of this Vegas engagement, but it's clear that at this point (the next to last night) he was bored and ready to get out of there.

It was interesting hearing that Kenny Rogers was at the show though and listening to Elvis introduce him.

Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:15 am

Seems like we enjoy many of the same Vegas seasons then, Kenneth. I agree that the January/February 1971 season is great too, although it must take a back seat to the previous season. A lot of the same material, weaker versions, and shorter shows. The August/September season is better.

Since you like the latter half of the August/September 1974 season, may I assume that you like the following fall tour also? I am quite taken with it, horrendous as it is. There is something oddly fascinating about these shows where Elvis is so talkative and so out of control. It makes for a great listen, although not from a musical standpoint.

Per

Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:23 am

I Can`t Help..
....but to me the Jan./Febr.1971 gig is one of the most boring..the songs are well performed but Elvis seems not much interested..

Rock In Black

Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:01 pm

For those who may be interested, a full review of this release is now showing on the main site.

Re: Rock In Black

Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:21 pm

Mike S wrote:For those who may be interested, a full review of this release is now showing on the main site.

not yet....

Rock In Black

Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:34 pm

Deadringer wrote:
not yet....

Not yet what?......interested in this release or unable to find the review?

Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:39 pm

Gotta agree with Mike here: the opening show should have been released on its own, with a full-colour booklet and liner notes.

Keith Richards, Jr.
Last edited by Keith Richards, Jr. on Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:49 pm

Mike S wrote:Deadringer wrote:
not yet....

Not yet what?......interested in this release or unable to find the review?

Unable to find the review. Seems I must reload Firefox...

Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:50 pm

Well the review is not on, Mike.

Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:51 pm

deadringer wrote:Well the review is not on, Mike.

Yes it is. I just read it! :D

Keith Richards, Jr.

Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:51 pm

Keith Richards, Jr. wrote:Gotta agree with Mike here: the opening show should have been released on its own, with a full-colour booklet and liner notes.

I think Fort Baxter is planning to release the closing show in their Classic Series. Can't wait for that one!

Keith Richards, Jr.

I see absolutely stupid to combine one SOUNDBOARD CD with another bad audience recorded CD in one set. Pointless, crazy idea.

Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:52 pm

Keith Richards, Jr. wrote:
deadringer wrote:Well the review is not on, Mike.

Yes it is. I just read it! :D

Keith Richards, Jr.

I have The bicentennial Elvis experience there

Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:54 pm

Funny enough, I can't view it in Firefox but I can see it in Internet Explorer and Netscape ;-).

Rock In Black

Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:10 pm

Glad you found it Deadringer...I hope it was worth the seach!!

Whatever, I think our conclusions are the same.

Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:16 pm

Mike S wrote:Glad you found it Deadringer...I hope it was worth the seach!!

Yeah... good review. My Firefox play tricks with me, from time to time. I neede to log-out and log-in again, not just reload. Now I can see it also in FF.

Personally I will prefer 26.01.70 OS on one CD with no more padding and substandard stuff added. Only soundboard. This is also the reason why I do not like things like PATCH IT UP. Combination of studio stuff with some of worst audience recordings... my ears can't switch between these tracks so quickly....

Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:31 pm

thekingisalive wrote:Seems like we enjoy many of the same Vegas seasons then, Kenneth. I agree that the January/February 1971 season is great too, although it must take a back seat to the previous season. A lot of the same material, weaker versions, and shorter shows. The August/September season is better.

Since you like the latter half of the August/September 1974 season, may I assume that you like the following fall tour also? I am quite taken with it, horrendous as it is. There is something oddly fascinating about these shows where Elvis is so talkative and so out of control. It makes for a great listen, although not from a musical standpoint.

Per

Yes the Jan/Feb 71 gig are clearly a step behind of 1970, but boring as
Cisckoking said seems too strong for me. The only boring show for me are the
29 Jan 71 DS and the 21 Feb DS. The rest of what we have are very good or great with the 19
Feb 71 MS and 22 Feb 71 MS as some of the best shows ever from 1971-1977.
Elvis had many routine shows in Aug 70 too. He sings the songs great, but diden't varied much in the
shows we have from 19 Aug - 24 aug 1970 either. I never listen to them and prefer the shows
in the first week and the last week.

About the last week of the Aug/Sept 74 Vegas-gig. Yes, I love these shows when he began
shouting out lyrics and use a lot of energy. Many fans I have spoken with who saw many shows through
69-77 decribes the last 7-8 shows as some of the most exciting shows they ever have seen and
I understand. Yes, the following tour are in the same way. I won't go into why because I have detailed
it very much in some other threads
:wink:

Maybe this is out of the threads focus so I stop here... :)

Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:29 pm

deadringer wrote:
Mike S wrote:Glad you found it Deadringer...I hope it was worth the seach!!

Yeah... good review. My Firefox play tricks with me, from time to time. I neede to log-out and log-in again, not just reload. Now I can see it also in FF.

Personally I will prefer 26.01.70 OS on one CD with no more padding and substandard stuff added. Only soundboard. This is also the reason why I do not like things like PATCH IT UP. Combination of studio stuff with some of worst audience recordings... my ears can't switch between these tracks so quickly....

In my view the only thing that would have worked as a double disc set is the 26.01.70 Opening Show on the first disc and the 23.02.70 Closing Show on the second, now that would have been a killer release (especially with the great RIB packaging)! Maybe Madison can get access to the original tapes and pull that one off, it does not seem that any of the reissues we have seen so far add anything new here and padded audience recordings just don't do it for me...

Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:57 pm

Yes, I also want FTD to release both the OS and CS in a double as it deserve and for once and for all stop the bootleggers releasing more from these shows in different ways. Ernst & Roger, where are you? You can do it 8) We are probably talking about some of the best shows you have in your vaults.

Sincerely

Kenneth
Last edited by Kenneth on Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:17 pm

Talking about fort baxters Walk a mile in my shoes
my copy is totally ruined because of cd Rot

Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:23 pm

R.R.D wrote:Talking about fort baxters Walk a mile in my shoes
my copy is totally ruined because of cd Rot

Mine also, so I got a new one which is perfect. I wonder if somebody who have the same problem have tried reparing it in one or another way with good results?

Kenneth

Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:04 pm

I still haven't decided if I'm going to get this one... Before he left the board Ger was talking about an upcoming released called "High Voltage", "mastered from the original reels"... Does anyone know anything more about that?

Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:40 pm

Hav-A-Tampa wrote:I still haven't decided if I'm going to get this one... Before he left the board Ger was talking about an upcoming released called "High Voltage", "mastered from the original reels"... Does anyone know anything more about that?

Good question! I have avoided "Rock In Black". I hope that Fort Baxter will release this show sometime in the future, and I think they will... or maybe they've changed their minds now that "Rock In Black" is out? That would be pretty sad.

Too bad that Mr. Rijff has left us by the way. The reason I visit this board is because I want to get information / news / opinions about books, bootlegs, regular CDs, DVDs, and FTD releases. And Mr. Rijff did have some very interesting things to say about that.

Keith Richards, Jr.

Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:54 pm

Keith Richards, Jr. wrote:Too bad that Mr. Rijff has left us by the way. The reason I visit this board is because I want to get information / news / opinions about books, bootlegs, regular CDs, DVDs, and FTD releases. And Mr. Rijff did have some very interesting things to say about that.

Keith Richards, Jr.

Agree 100%!

Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:12 pm

thenexte wrote:

In my view the only thing that would have worked as a double disc set is the 26.01.70 Opening Show on the first disc and the 23.02.70 Closing Show on the second, now that would have been a killer release

This would be a chartbreaker..topseller...millionseller....blockbuster..
....collector`s dream come true...I am running out words..can anybody help..??... :lol:

Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:47 pm

Ciscoking wrote:
thenexte wrote:

In my view the only thing that would have worked as a double disc set is the 26.01.70 Opening Show on the first disc and the 23.02.70 Closing Show on the second, now that would have been a killer release

This would be a chartbreaker..topseller...millionseller....blockbuster..
....collector`s dream come true...I am running out words..can anybody help..??... :lol:

How about completely pointless, as we had that on Cd last year :roll:

If SR had chosen to do that everyone on here would be moaning about it because Closing Night was put out so recently. Get real folks.