All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:09 pm

While I agree the book/CD packages have been expensive
they have all been quality products.Flashback is probably my
favourite FTD and I always browse through the photo book
when I listen to it.I suppose it will depend on how good the
LA shows are whether or not the book gets repeated reading.

norrie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:39 am

Lew Nyack wrote:
Keith F wrote:Yes it is a shame that they don't have a Soundboard recording of 'You Can Have Her', otherwise they wouldn't have had to use the MP3 file of this song that I had on my web site for this new release! :?

And here's me thinking it was just Bootleggers ripping off material from my site! :cry:

Is this a wind up Keith???

No it isn't!

I have it on good authority that 'You Can Have Her' that has been used for this release is taken from the MP3 I had up on my site :cry:

Very sad!

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:06 am

Isn't like a way to see if it comes from Mp3 source, something about the wavespectrum that you can see with some programs.

Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:38 am

Just found out this is going to be 63 G.B.P. now I am not complaining but am disappointed because there is no chance of me getting it as quickly as I thought :cry:

It is available for Pre-order for those that don't know.

Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:31 am

This book/cd package IS working out to be VERY expensive(A$140!) why? well quite simply many photos MUST be getting published in colour AND on good quality paper? why else would the cost be so high? the soundboard ain't worth much with only 2 highlights separating it from the Amarillo show- like just the Led Zeppalin intro and a reprise to love me! :o
and Kieth i am simply 'incredulous' if they used YOUR mp3 of 'you can have her!'? :roll:

Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:52 am

No it isn't!

I have it on good authority that 'You Can Have Her' that has been used for this release is taken from the MP3 I had up on my site

Very sad!

I believe your source is incorrect. I have heard that Ernst spent a good bit of time tracking down the best audience tape he could find from this gig- as well as coming up with the pictures from the show. This show was originally released some time ago, the reason for the delay was hunting down a good tape of 'You Can Have Her'.

Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:27 am

InTheGhetto wrote:Isn't like a way to see if it comes from Mp3 source, something about the wavespectrum that you can see with some programs.
Not really.

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:14 am

If I were Ernst, I would get an FTD website online NOW. There are always so many rumours and so much speculation about FTD and their releases. The only way to avoid this is to start their own website, and to write more detailed press releases.

KingOfTheJungle wrote:I have heard that Ernst spent a good bit of time tracking down the best audience tape he could find from this gig- as well as coming up with the pictures from the show. This show was originally released some time ago, the reason for the delay was hunting down a good tape of 'You Can Have Her'.

Thanks for clearing that up, sir!

Little Darlin wrote:Just found out this is going to be 63 G.B.P. now I am not complaining but am disappointed because there is no chance of me getting it as quickly as I thought

Do not - I repeat, DO NOT - trust the weirdos and moaners on Elvis News' comments section. :wink: The price you mention is most likely taken from Amazon. They are always much more expensive than real Elvis dealers. I have seen this FTD for £40 plus p&p and I have only checked ONE site so far.

Keith Richards, Jr.

Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:16 am

This set is offered for €60.
In case of a high quality book, this price is not cheap, but still justified..

Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:06 pm

Keith Richards Jr

That's a much better price............have you a link to that site please.

Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:08 pm

Keith I never listened to your audience version of "you can have her" but I can asure you that the one I have has the best sound of the song i've ever heard.
I listened to other versions and i can say mine is the best.
So I think that if Ernst works with the same as mine....using all the tecnology possible...they can bring us almost a soundboard one
:)
cheers, Ale

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:06 pm

The UK website selling the book and CD for £40.00 plus postage is http://www.essentialelvis.com

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:21 pm

elvis.co.uk
same price £39.99 but only £3.00 P&P coampared to £7.95
at essentialelvis

norrie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:34 pm

Just recieved the new issue of Elvis: The Man And His Music and these guys sell "Live In L.A" for £37.99 including p&p. People outside the UK pay £39.99 (Europe) or £42.99 (USA, Japan, Pluto, Mars, whatever), again that is including p&p.

Keith Richards, Jr.

Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:40 pm

Keith Richards, Jr. wrote:Just recieved the new issue of Elvis: The Man And His Music and these guys sell "Live In L.A" for £37.99 including p&p. People outside the UK pay £39.99 (Europe) or £42.99 (USA, Japan, Pluto, Mars, whatever), again that is including p&p.

Keith Richards, Jr.

SOLD :lol: :wink:

P.S Thanks for all your help.

Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:47 am

LittleDarlin wrote:
Keith Richards, Jr. wrote:Just recieved the new issue of Elvis: The Man And His Music and these guys sell "Live In L.A" for £37.99 including p&p. People outside the UK pay £39.99 (Europe) or £42.99 (USA, Japan, Pluto, Mars, whatever), again that is including p&p.

Keith Richards, Jr.

SOLD :lol: :wink:

P.S Thanks for all your help.

You're welcome!

Keith Richards, Jr.

Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:11 pm

KingOfTheJungle wrote:
No it isn't!

I have it on good authority that 'You Can Have Her' that has been used for this release is taken from the MP3 I had up on my site

Very sad!

I believe your source is incorrect.

I also hope my source is incorrect with this information

KEITH

Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:24 pm

With no disrespect, Keith, I would imagine that you don't own this recording and I'm glad when people share their stuff. My only concern is that we get this rare song in the very best listenable sound quality possible, seeing as there is no soundboard recording of "You can have her". I listened to this song on the bootleg CD the other day and it is not that great. However, the way the advert reads for this new FTD book in the new "Man and his music" magazine, you would think it IS from a soundboard recording!

Re: KEITH

Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:19 pm

TONY wrote:I listened to this song on the bootleg CD the other day and it is not that great. However, the way the advert reads for this new FTD book in the new "Man and his music" magazine, you would think it IS from a soundboard recording!

In the news section, it says the CD will include a "remastered audience recording" of this song. So hopefully they have made it sound better than we've heard before. Actually, I have never heard this song by Elvis so I'm very much looking forward to it!

Keith Richards, Jr.

Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:10 am

This is getting VERY interesting! thanks norrie + others for best price on this book,,...its cheaper than i have heard of elsewhere so far! :shock:

Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:20 am

Last edited by Steve_M on Sun May 27, 2007 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: KEITH

Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:21 pm

Keith Richards, Jr. wrote:In the news section, it says the CD will include a "remastered audience recording" of this song. So hopefully they have made it sound better than we've heard before.

The recording of the song now makes for less than pleasant listening. If FTD is going to all of the trouble to include it on this release, you can bet it will be much improved over what we've heard in the past.

Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:08 pm

Now dig this has put Live In L.A. up on their site for pre-order. I bought that, a King Forever Photo Magazine and a Years Subscription to the Man Magazine all for less than £60 including delivery...............glad I didn't go to Amazon.

Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:54 pm

Elvis in L.A. Concert Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6FePJnxRC0

Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:45 pm

ale wrote:Keith I never listened to your audience version of "you can have her" but I can asure you that the one I have has the best sound of the song i've ever heard.
I listened to other versions and i can say mine is the best.
So I think that if Ernst works with the same as mine....using all the tecnology possible...they can bring us almost a soundboard one
:)
cheers, Ale

Can you post "your version" somwhere, so I can have a listen??? :P :wink: