All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Live in L.A. FTD

Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:38 pm

I thought that each of the upcoming April FTD releases deserved their own thread, so here are the details for:

Live in LA - 1974 Concert Soundboard Recording & Photo Book

A book and CD set. Live in L.A. the book features more than 200 photos of Elvis at his variousLos Angeles shows. The main focus is on the evening concert at Inglewood Forum May 11, 1974. The CD is an informal "soundboard" recording of that particular show with a few songs from other shows.

Track List:

1. ALSO SPRACH ZARATHUSTRA
(Richard Strauss – P.D.)

2. SEE SEE RIDER
(Traditional; arr. by Elvis Presley)

3. I GOT A WOMAN / AMEN
(Ray Charles) / (J. Hairston)

4. LOVE ME
(Jerry Leiber/Mike Stoller)

5. TRYING TO GET TO YOU
(Rose Marie McCoy/Charles Singleton)

6. ALL SHOOK UP
(Otis Blackwell/Elvis Presley)

7. TEDDY BEAR / DON’T BE CRUEL
(Kal Mann/Bernie Lowe) / (Otis Blackwell/Elvis Presley)

8. LOVE ME TENDER
(Vera Matson/Elvis Presley)

9. STEAMROLLER BLUES
(James Taylor)

10. HOUND DOG
((Jerry Leiber/Mike Stoller)

11. FEVER
(Davenport/Cooley)

12. POLK SALAD ANNIE
(Tony Joe White)

13. WHY ME LORD
(Kris Kristofferson)

14. SUSPICIOUS MINDS
(Mark James)

15. INTRODUCTIONS

16. I CAN’T STOP LOVING YOU
(Don Gibson)

17. HELP ME
(Larry Gatlin)

18. AN AMERICAN TRILOGY
(Mickey Newbury)

19. LET ME BE THERE
(John Rostill)

20. FUNNY HOW TIME SLIPS AWAY
(Willie Nelson)

21. BIG BOSS MAN
(Smith/Dixon)

22. CAN’T HELP FALLING IN LOVE
(Peretti/Creatore/Weiss)

BONUS SONG:
23. YOU CAN HAVE HER
(William Cook)

Tracks 1–20 recorded May 11th, 1974, evening show at Forum Of Inglewood, Los Angles, CA.

Tracks 21+22 recorded May 10th at Swing Auditorium, San Bernardino, CA.

Track 23 recorded May 11th, 1974, afternoon show at Forum Of Inglewood, Los Angles, CA.

This is a soundboard recording, except track 23, which is an audience recording.
Last edited by ChrisM on Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:42 pm

FTD succeeds again presenting a soundboard from a tour or engagement uncovered in that medium. I wonder if the sound will be similar to march dates, to june dates or to those lake tahoe releases.

Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:55 pm

What can I say? I'll be all over it.

Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:26 pm

Once again it must be mentioned for those that don't collect books.
These things should be marketing seperately.
I want the concert but I am not willing to pay the high price of these CD/ book sets when they sell for $60-$75.
I realize the books are nice, but I really don't need the book and I would only look at it once and file it anyway.
my 2 cents.

Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:29 pm

Of the 3 this one will be first on my list.
Last edited by Guest on Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:19 pm

Good news, but when I read the thread's title I first thought about the November 1970 shows :?

Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:28 am

ekenee wrote:Once again it must be mentioned for those that don't collect books.
These things should be marketing seperately.
I want the concert but I am not willing to pay the high price of these CD/ book sets when they sell for $60-$75.
I realize the books are nice, but I really don't need the book and I would only look at it once and file it anyway.
my 2 cents.

Totally agree ! Too expensive !

Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:39 am

ekenee wrote:I want the concert but I am not willing to pay the high price of these CD/ book sets when they sell for $60-$75.

I suspect that the profit margin is much higher on the books/CDs than the CDs alone and that the occasional book project is needed to keep the whole endeavour afloat. I sympathise if you cannot afford them, but I am happy to pay up if it means the continuation of the label.

Chris

Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:16 am

This will be the first of the FTD books I'll purchase for the sole reason that '74 is my favorite concert year and the American Eagle suit is one of my top four favorite jumpsuits. Very excited about this release! Way to go FTD.

Darrell

Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:22 am

I will definately buy it. A pitty about the bonus track You Can Have Her though...a pitty they don´t have a soundboard recording of the song.

Sincerely MB280E

Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:48 am

The first soundboard release from this tour. Wow! I can’t wait. :D

Per

Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:48 am

MB280E wrote:I will definately buy it. A pitty about the bonus track You Can Have Her though...a pitty they don´t have a soundboard recording of the song.

Sincerely MB280E

Yes it is a shame that they don't have a Soundboard recording of 'You Can Have Her', otherwise they wouldn't have had to use the MP3 file of this song that I had on my web site for this new release! :?

And here's me thinking it was just Bootleggers ripping off material from my site! :cry:

Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:50 am

Speaking of great audio material on your site, Keith, do you have more unissued demos to share with us? "Fun in Acapulco" and "Make Me Know It" were great.

Per

Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:54 am

thekingisalive wrote:Speaking of great audio material on your site, Keith, do you have more unissued demos to share with us? "Fun in Acapulco" and "Make Me Know It" were great.

Per

Yes, I do actually :lol:

Once I get the "Sessions" pages complete and online, I'll consider updating the rest of the site, and may include this type of thing! But NO Elvis audio I'm afraid! :cry:

Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:56 am

Looking forward to that, Keith. Keep up the wonderful work.

Per

Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:23 am

Look's like another nice release.

Count me in for this one also :lol:

Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:01 am

The news about another FTD book definately surprised me.

We'll see if the book will have nice pictures.

And I'm really curious about the soundboard. Hopefully it's got great sound quality [for a SB of course :) ], and a good performance by Elvis.

Rich

Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:10 am

Keith F wrote:Yes it is a shame that they don't have a Soundboard recording of 'You Can Have Her', otherwise they wouldn't have had to use the MP3 file of this song that I had on my web site for this new release! :?

And here's me thinking it was just Bootleggers ripping off material from my site! :cry:

Is this a wind up Keith???

Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:31 am

Lew Nyack wrote:
Keith F wrote:Yes it is a shame that they don't have a Soundboard recording of 'You Can Have Her', otherwise they wouldn't have had to use the MP3 file of this song that I had on my web site for this new release! :?

Is this a wind up Keith???

Good question! :shock:

I hope "You Can Have Her" is taken from a good tape, and that it's cleaned up by Kevan Budd. Let's hope it's not another "Where No One Stands Alone" scenario where the bootleg sounds 71 times better than the official product.

About the book, I hope it turns out to be a good one. I'm very curious about the '70s book they are planning! Sounds fantastic.

Keith Richards, Jr.

Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:06 pm

just how lucky are we :D The ftd label just keeps getting better with each release. I cant wait to get these. i wonder if they will ever do a memphis book + 2 cd set the first cd could be a unreleased show and the second cd of memphis sessions

jess wade :D

be careful what you wish for

Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:52 pm

hi,

I like the sound of this a lot. although like others I could do without the book. The was a thread recently about which tour/concert would you most like to see a release from. Having waded through some concert data the 10th May concert was one I selected. Mainly because I had heard little about this short tour and I thought a short tour might keep Elvis' focus and energy particulalrly at the start. The newspaper review I read on line about the concert also makes it sound like a better than average performance. I hope the SB sounds lively and not drained off dynamics.

The three releases coming up make for an exciting April

cheers Jamie

Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:12 pm

thekingisalive wrote:Speaking of great audio material on your site, Keith, do you have more unissued demos to share with us? "Fun in Acapulco" and "Make Me Know It" were great.

Per

Keith,
Are these two demos on your own pages or on the forum itself? If it is the latter, what is the thread?

Thanks,
Mike C

Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:13 pm

This is the thread: http://elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewt ... ht=#316499

Or go directly to each respectively:

http://www.keithflynn.com/audio/makemek ... ckwell.wma

http://www.keithflynn.com/audio/funinac ... jproby.wma

You’re welcome! :lol:

Per

Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:27 pm

There´s a bad AR from this show , good/regular show, nothing else

http://www.elvisconcerts.com/cdr/covers/740511es_b.jpg