All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

News: Warner Brothers Chat Session

Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:51 pm

Hello everyone:

Just wanna say first, I'm so glad this messageboard is back online. It was terribly missed!

I wanted to share this with you...

Last night, I attended the annual Home Theater Forum's An Evening with Warner Home Video. You can ask them about upcoming DVD releases.

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/files/whvchat.html

I was able to ask them a question in regards to Elvis - here's the transcript:

<RichTCB> Hello. I’m a fan of Elvis Presley. Many fans around the world and I want to know: are there any plans for a single or multi disc package of the concert documentaries, “That’s The Way It Is” and “Elvis On Tour", with unreleased concert and rehearsal footage? Thank you.

<WARNER> We have huge Elvis news.....We cannot announce all the plans now, but we will have a big announcement to make in a few weeks. Stay tuned to HTF for further details. ELVIS fans are going to be VERY VERY HAPPY!

So there we have it. Looks like something is planned ... and we'll know more soon !

Click on the link below for the full chat session transcript:

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/chat/warner07.txt

Regards,
Rich

Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:53 pm

Rich

Thank You for asking the question I think every Elvis Fan wanted to know. You did us proud :wink:

Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:58 pm

Great news, thanks Rich!

Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:31 pm

great well done Rich_TCB :D

Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:32 pm

I can´t wait!!!
Thanks for the news, Rich!

Lennart

Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:35 pm

Lennart wrote:Thanks for the news, Rich!

What news? Am I missing something?

It was already well known that there would most likely be a release of 'This Is Elvis' in some form on DVD. This doesn't seem to add anything.

Chris

Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:36 pm

I am all a quiver with excitement - hope they announce soon or I might burst :smt073

Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:38 pm

ChrisM wrote:What news? Am I missing something?

It was already well known that there would most likely be a release of 'This Is Elvis' in some form on DVD. This doesn't seem to add anything.

Chris

Chris, this is not just news it is "HUGE NEWS".

Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:38 pm

lmao BIGREDG :D

Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:41 pm

elvis on tour with outtakes and new sound & picture i think i will wet the bed tonight. :D hopefully its not just a dream. :wink:

Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:46 pm

If they release any kind of special editions of On Tour/TTWII/TIE without releasing the six movies still missing on DVD, I'd have to say I would be disappointed.

Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:57 pm

it would be fantastic news if we get the Directors cuts of some of the movies were they had cut scenes etc and a box of thats the way it is concerts / rehersals the same goes for on tour but i have a feeling it might just be the 1 hour they cut from t.t.w.i.s. special edition and the remaining films on dvd with no extras I sure hope im wrong but special editions take a long time to make so maybe its great news for next year not this ?

Jess

Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:58 pm

Somehow I doubt they were talking about that rumoured "bare-bones" release of This Is Elvis when they said "Elvis fans are going to be VERY VERY HAPPY"... Sure sounds like something bigger. We can always hope!

Also, Rich never even mentioned This Is Elvis in his question...

Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:27 pm

Hav-A-Tampa wrote:Also, Rich never even mentioned This Is Elvis in his question...

I realise that. My point was that we already had a pretty good idea that there would be at least one release from WB (most likely This Is Elvis), so there isn't any real "news" here.

I agree that there is an implication of something much bigger than a bare -bones This Is Elvis, but no information about what it might be.

Call me an old cynic, but I wouldn't be that surprised if I was NOT "VERY, VERY HAPPY".

Chris

Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:57 pm

I have no way of knowing, but my bet is the news is Warner plans to release the Elvis' movies that remain unreleased on DVD. These would be: "Kissin' Cousins'," "Girl Happy," "Live A Little, Love A Little," "Stay Away, Joe," "Charro" and "Tickle Me." Also, possibly "This Is Elvis," as was released on laser disc a few years ago. Someone reported several weeks ago that all these movies are scheduled for release in Holland minus "Tickle Me." A worldwide release seems likely before August. I sure hope "Tickle Me" is in the bunch!

Mystery Train

Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:04 pm

ChrisM wrote:
Hav-A-Tampa wrote:Also, Rich never even mentioned This Is Elvis in his question...

I realise that. My point was that we already had a pretty good idea that there would be at least one release from WB (most likely This Is Elvis), so there isn't any real "news" here.

I agree that there is an implication of something much bigger than a bare -bones This Is Elvis, but no information about what it might be.

Call me an old cynic, but I wouldn't be that surprised if I was NOT "VERY, VERY HAPPY".

Chris

same here we allways get are hopes up only to get let down but if warner are giving us more than just the remaining dvds that would excellent news indeed its about time we got special editions just look at the
68 and aloha box sets from EPE

jess

Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:15 pm

The most likely scenario is indeed for the last remaining 60's movies to each get a bare-bones DVD release.

I really don't see WB investing in a SE of any Elvis movie at this point. If that were the case, it would already be in production and I would have thought some news would have leaked by now.

Chris

Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:44 am

Well, Chris, I am also cynical at times! I´ve been around for awhile and have seen and lived through endless compilations with perhaps, one new outtake so we " crazy Elvis fans" would buy it.
It might be just what you think, an upgraded This is Elvis and nothing more.
Hope though, is the last thing that abandons man.

Lennart

Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:06 am

can't wait to see what they are gonna release.

Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:12 am

sounds like promising news!!!

8)

Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:18 am

I'll be happy if it's just the remaining movies being released on DVD. But it would be nice if there were something else in addition to that. I'm not getting my hopes up.

Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:10 am

Could the time that we see some EOT and TWWII outtakes being released coming near :shock: Let's hope so !! :lol:

Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:13 am

If This Is Elvis is released soon on DVD then logically RCA/FTD would be releasing a CD for the first time.

Any news on that leaked out?

Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:27 am

ChrisM wrote:What news? Am I missing something? It was already well known that there would most likely be a release of 'This Is Elvis' in some form on DVD. This doesn't seem to add anything.

I guess it's not in the renewed spirit of the board to suggest that you're indulging your bad habit again of shooting down other people's news.

First, I don't know how you made the leap to This Is Elvis, as the question clearly centered on Elvis on Tour and That's the Way It Is material.

Second, whatever the announcement -- On Tour or otherwise -- it's significant that we'll get word in a few weeks.

Third, consider the most recent exchange with Ernst:

Q: "We do know that FTD or Sony/BMG will only release Elvis on Tour material when Warner releases the DVD edition from this movie. Do you feel 2007 will be the year?"
Ernst: "Definitely not, but we have already released a lot of On Tour material at BMG and FTD."

That interview, published only six days ago, certainly seemed to dash hopes of an On Tour release this year.

This Warner discussion seems to breathe at least a little more life into those hopes -- and, the source says, we'll know more soon.

That's news to me. Sorry if it doesn't meet your standards.

Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:42 am

elvissessions.com wrote:Third, consider the most recent exchange with Ernst:

Q: "We do know that FTD or Sony/BMG will only release Elvis on Tour material when Warner releases the DVD edition from this movie. Do you feel 2007 will be the year?"
Ernst: "Definitely not, but we have already released a lot of On Tour material at BMG and FTD."

That interview, published only six days ago, certainly seemed to dash hopes of an On Tour release this year.

Nice to see ya again, 'sessions !

That was the same thing I thought of, too. If in fact there is an "Elvis On Tour" DVD release planned, how come Ernst denies a BMG or FTD release for this year?

Maybe just to make us believe for a moment that nothing was planned? I don't know ...

Rich